Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Driver's Lounge (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/)
-   -   Leather care - Chemical Guys - Very Impressed (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/45386-leather-care-chemical-guys.html)

dave rocks 05-04-2015 05:03 AM

Leather care - Chemical Guys - Very Impressed

Gang,

I try all kinds of detail products. I've been impressed with many and let down by a few.

I recently ordered this: Chemical Guys SPI_109_16 - Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Complete Leather Care Kit, 16 oz (2 Pack)

Until last week I had only used the cleaner. Absolutely the best leather cleaner I have ever used.

Then I tried the conditioner on my buddies new 458 - OUTSTANDING RESULTS!

No affiliation - just passing on my experience.

champagne612 05-04-2015 05:43 AM

Did it leave the leather - shiny.

The video looks like it did and that slick look creates a slick feel.

dave rocks 05-04-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 624306)
Did it leave the leather - shiny.

The video looks like it did and that slick look creates a slick feel.

I can't believe I forgot to take photos of the interior - I will do later this week when I do mine.

Yes, the conditioner does leave a sheen. It's not like armorall crap - it's a nice, low gloss sheen. I really like it. I suppose it does add a little slickness but IMO that's good so cloths slide.

silly 05-04-2015 10:22 AM

Any silicone in it?

dave rocks 05-04-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silly (Post 624538)
Any silicone in it?

Nope

champagne612 05-04-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave rocks (Post 624330)
I can't believe I forgot to take photos of the interior - I will do later this week when I do mine.

Yes, the conditioner does leave a sheen. It's not like armorall crap - it's a nice, low gloss sheen. I really like it. I suppose it does add a little slickness but IMO that's good so cloths slide.

Thanks would appreciate pictures.

Everyone treats their leather differently and those who wait pay the price just like anything else.

I think leather needs a once a month treatment and spend more than I probably should but when I weigh it against the cost of a detailer it's fine plus immensely enjoy cleaning cars.

KKRace 05-05-2015 09:14 AM

Have you tried the Leathereque products and if so how does it compare? I've been really blown away by how well the Leathereque works

silly 05-05-2015 10:34 AM

Thanks Dave will give them a go

have some old leathers from the 70's from my village people dress alike days to try it on

:)

silly 05-05-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 624906)
Have you tried the Leathereque products and if so how does it compare? I've been really blown away by how well the Leathereque works

I really like the rejuvenator I think they call it (too many dumb ass names to remember).
Put a load on my parts put them in the sun for a few days covered in vacuum bag for CF work and really soaked in. Needs another treatment for a few dry spots for the most part I can't imagine better results.

dave rocks 05-05-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKRace (Post 624906)

I really like there conditioner for deep conditioning. I had a bad experience with their dye and their customer service is the worst but the rejuvenating oil is excellent

Bluebottle 05-06-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 624626)
I . . . immensely enjoy cleaning cars.

If you are ever over this way, Doug, you are welcome to clean mine!:crowngrin::crowngrin:

tazandjan 05-06-2015 07:51 AM

Doug- Mine is dirty, too, but I doubt I can afford you.

Many of the pros recommend Connolly Hide Food, including Brian Crall.

dave rocks 05-06-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazandjan (Post 625498)
Doug- Mine is dirty, too, but I doubt I can afford you.

Many of the pros recommend Connolly Hide Food, including Brian Crall.

Terry, I don't recall the details but I read up on it a couple years back and it was not what the old product was. I wish I recalled the details but at the time I passed on it for good reason.

I seem to recall the original having animal fats and the new not.