More articles on driving technique? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
More articles on driving technique?

Iím a freelance magazine writer, and Iím thinking of doing a series of articles on high-performance driving technique. Iíve noticed that most car magazines--even those devoted to sports and performance cars--donít really run many stories about that.

What do you think? Would anyone be interested in articles on how to improve their driving skills?

If so, what kinds of things would you like to learn more about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 575
I've gotten a few books on performance driving techniques and the like. The thing is - to me - this is the type of situation that is best learnt by someone SHOWING it, rather than TELLING about it.

A friend of mine owns a race car (currently a Van Diemen Formula Ford). He is a few years older than me, but has been racing for the past 15 or so years. On numerous occasions, he's showed me techniques while riding in the passenger's seat. Many more times still, he has driven my Ferrari and showed me ways of driving it a little harder. I've driven his Formula Ford and I can appreciate that this isn't something you just pick up in one sitting, but takes years of practice.

Granted, this is my experience. I'm sure if you word your articles correctly and include many photos, it could shed some light on some of the lesser-known techniques of high-speed driving.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-07-2002, 03:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
I always like reading about it, but i kinda agree with Peter.
I preffer doing stuff like that myself on a track or field alone or with the help of an instructor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode