1984/ 85 KAWASAKI GPz 1100 first impressions . - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
1984/ 85 KAWASAKI GPz 1100 first impressions .

1984/ 85 KAWASAKI GPz 1100 first impressions .
The 1984-85 GPz 1100 was a machine that stood at the turning point, not only for Kawasaki, but for the motorcycle world in general. Although it represented the last incarnation of Kawasakis famed KZ inline 4 cylinder air cooled machines, it was the end of an era for the manufacturer. The GPz also was a machine that looked into the future with its digital fuel injection, and not only did it mark the end of an era,,it represented the start of a new era , Kawasakis 100 plus HP Ninja and ZX liquid cooled inline 4 cylinder machines , that started with the 86 1000 R all the way up through the ZX 1400. After getting the GPz out of the shop today with a full tune up , I had the chance to ride it for a bit. The suspension feels pretty good, along with the handling, the motor feels strong and the gear box feels clunky as usual ,(,,not sure why Kawasaki had this issue, at least all the way up to my 94 ZX9R ) Despite the gearbox, you can get clean shifts with the proper use of the clutch and throttle . The bike is weak off the line , with the power coming in at 6000 plus REVS ...bike does not have any problems pulling all the way to the 9500 RPM redline......The seating position and reach to the switchgear and bars is surprisingley quite comfortable !...With that being said, I wiil report back after my first real ride,....Brett Lucca
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
That machine is just gorgeous. I love the retro styling of it, That is what I wish I had if I had a motorcycle. Is the suspension soft/stiff?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode