My Wife put her foot down. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
My Wife put her foot down.

She finally said it. "I've had enough of you and your toys! You've got 2 sailboats, 2 Jeeps, a brand new ATV and a Ferrari! When does it end? I want a new kitchen!"

I kind of lowered my head and in a meek voice said, "I guess it kinda ends here."

(she doesn't know yet that she already wants a bigger boat. :green: )
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
just give her the kitchen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and then buy another Ferrari :wink:

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Already working on that. I'm starting with vinyl replacement windows. Then maybe we'll work towards knocking out a wall and putting in an "island" and new cabinets, then a 348, then maybe expand the living room, etc,.....

Capt. Pete

post #4 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
Already working on that. I'm starting with vinyl replacement windows. Then maybe we'll work towards knocking out a wall and putting in an "island" and new cabinets, then a 348, then maybe expand the living room, etc,.....
after the cabinets, I would recommend a F355 before moving on to the living room :wink:
post #5 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer
after the cabinets, I would recommend a F355 before moving on to the living room :wink:
Good call. I think I can sell the "need" for a 355. I think she's pretty set on the bigger living room though. Our house is big, 3,000 sq. ft., but it is full of little rooms. She wants to "open it up" meaning knocking down a wall and taking away my computer room which is my last "this is mine" place left in the house. I'm hoping replacing a few windows will satisfy her for awhile.

Capt. Pete
post #6 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 08:47 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 509
Quote:
She wants to "open it up" meaning knocking down a wall and taking away my computer room which is my last "this is mine" place left in the house. I'm hoping replacing a few windows will satisfy her for awhile.
Except for the garage of course! :wink:
post #7 of 20 Old 11-08-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyJunc
Except for the garage of course! :wink:
That's a whole 'nother issue. right now we have a 3 car attached that we are sharing and a 2 car detatched which has my Jeep and a bunch of junk. I want to expand the 2-car into a nice heated shop. Right now it is about 20x20, I'd like to make it 30x40. I can't just tear it down and put up another one because it is in a resource protection zone (within 200' of the river) so I'm stuck with expanding the existing building.

Capt. Pete
post #8 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 PM

I agree with Boxer

and since you are not going to spend money with the living room, how about a 550??

I heard nothing but good stuff about it (right, Bart???)

post #9 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
First: When I saw the topic title I thought your wife put the pedal to the metal and raced your ferrari through the mud or something... guess I was wrong...

Second: Why the hell do you have two boats ? You can only drive one at a time... and they don't look too different. I'd understand if one was a 250+HP PowerBoat... but they are both sailboats.

Not that I'm against sailing... just wondering.

Maybe it's one of Pete's idiotic moments
post #10 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Why the hell do you have two boats ? You can only drive one at a time.
Why the hell do I have 5 cars?

Capt. Pete
post #11 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Why the hell do you have two boats ? You can only drive one at a time.
that´s another great question!!!

why??

I don´t have any

all I have is one bike (Specialized Allez)

post #12 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 03:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
1 sportboat, one boat with the ability to spend the night in so you can leave for the weekend 2 different boats
post #13 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
1 sportboat, one boat with the ability to spend the night in so you can leave for the weekend 2 different boats
Actually, the small boat is going away. I can sell the small boat for what I paid for the big boat. (and the big boat is still too small) :green:

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Because you don't have room for 6. 8)
post #15 of 20 Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
I have been married for 38 years as of tomorrow. My wife walks seven paces behind me. I am the master of my manor. She grovels at my site. If I desire anything, I get it. Her opinion does not count. I am a man.

Now if you believe any of this you are not truly married. My wife is very upset with me because of you. I have bragged about you and your license. When you posted it, my son was still in school. I told both of them about how great having a United States of American Merchant Marine Officer’s license is. It has been since the end of April when the Commander of the U. S. Coast Guard swore my son to the duties and obligations of his new status that my life has been a problem.

Jack joined the M, M, & P Union is Wilmington, California. We are getting close to Thanksgiving. Each day my son drives many miles to the port. Today they had the annual meeting of the members. The only thing my son got out of it was his pension is not in good shape. Although he cares greatly about his future, he needs are today. All my son wants to do is to be on the sea.

He tells me he does not have the endorsements for a tanker ship. I talked to him about you early but he did not wish to be on a floating barge. Now he needs to go to sea.

You may think I dis you and I may have. I did not to that on purpose. Anyway, if I was wrong and injury you 41 year old ego, I am sorry. It will not happen again. I need your help. Since my wife knows about you, she is very upset that she cannot talk or write you about our magnificence son. She is blaming the fact my son is a captain on the Balboa ferry on me.

Please help me. I do not expect you to get a position for my son. All I ask is you tell my wife what our son should do to increase his changes of going to sea. Me, I like to always be on land.

Hope you get the next boat.

PS: her world might be the kitchen. Give it to her. It may make live easier. She than can make you finer food.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
post #16 of 20 Old 11-10-2005, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
My wife is very upset with me because of you.
Excuse me? That's quite a load of garbage you are placing on my shoulders.
Quote:
I told both of them about how great having a United States of American Merchant Marine Officer’s license is. It has been since the end of April when the Commander of the U. S. Coast Guard swore my son to the duties and obligations of his new status that my life has been a problem.
It is great having an unlimited US Merchant Mariner License. If that is what you want to do. You are a member of a select organization and possess documents and qualifications that very few others have. But it is only the key to unlock the door. What happens when you go through the door depends on the individual.

Quote:
Although he cares greatly about his future, he needs are today.
So he's just like every other 22 year old out there?

Quote:
All my son wants to do is to be on the sea. Me, I like to always be on land.
The love of the sea hits different people for different reasons. Away from land you are in a different world. A ship is a small community and as an officer your actions affect the direction of that community. Everything from food and basic needs to morale. You are in control. It can be quite exhilarating.

Quote:
He tells me he does not have the endorsements for a tanker ship.
The union should help him with this or at least give him direction.

Quote:
I talked to him about you early but he did not wish to be on a floating barge. Now he needs to go to sea.
It's not a "floating barge" it is a 5th generation, dynamically-positioned, semi-submersible mobile offshore drilling unit with 56,000hp worth of propulsion. Capable of drilling in 10,000 feet of water without the use of anchors.

Quote:
You may think I dis you and I may have. I did not to that on purpose. Anyway, if I was wrong and injury you 41 year old ego, I am sorry. It will not happen again.
My ego is intact, it sounds like it's yours that is bruised. I love what I do and I'm one of the best in the world at it.

Quote:
I need your help. Since my wife knows about you, she is very upset that she cannot talk or write you about our magnificence son.
My email address is [email protected]

Quote:
She is blaming the fact my son is a captain on the Balboa ferry on me.
And you turn around and blame me?

Quote:
Please help me. I do not expect you to get a position for my son. All I ask is you tell my wife what our son should do to increase his changes of going to sea.
I'm the Chief Officer, I am not in Human Resources, I've done what I could by talking to the head recruiter about your son. You asked me to be a reference and I went and talked to the guy that does the hiring. As far as I know, your son never even applied. So don't come back on me and say that your wife is upset and it's my fault.

If Jack wants the old style "tramp steaming" job, well those days are gone. It has been replaced by tug & barge and foreign container shipping. I've sailed on tankers and iron ore carriers and those jobs just weren't for me. I like being in control of the marine side of a drilling rig on the leading edge of technology and drilling for oil in places inaccessable just a few years ago. And you want job security? Look at the prices on the gas pump. You think we are going to stop drilling for oil anytime soon? No my friend, we are going to keep looking for it until it's all gone. But if you don't want to be stuck on a "floating barge", that's your call.

Capt. Pete
post #17 of 20 Old 11-10-2005, 04:20 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Maybe you guys should continue this by mail or PM before we get a public mudthrowing contest. You have both explained your opinions, further discussions are better off privately I think.

Back to kitchenthings! Pete, does your wife actually use the kitchen a lot? If she really enjoyes spending time in the kitchen cooking and baking, I think she deserves to have her toy just like you have yours. If she only wants it because it looks good, tell her to frame a photo of a nice kitchen :lol:
post #18 of 20 Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Let her build her own kitchen...that way she would appreciate it more
post #19 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 04:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
Pete, about the kitchen, "Happy wife, happy life" .
post #20 of 20 Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Wow, interesting read ! My wife cant cook very well hahaha!!! I do the cooking, im not into the burnt taste. If its not burnt its half cooked hahaha!!!

My wife has not said no to me yet for any of my hobbies or my search for a Ferrari but she did ask for home renovations. So this summer I had all the windows and the front door changed, new water tank, replaced the soffit, gutters and had an aluminum tile roof done. I will be doing the baby room during Christmas holidays. She is very happy?

Im lucky that my wife is totally into one of my hobbies. I like going to the range for target shooting. She freaked out when I got my gun license and refused I buy any handguns. I told her, what the hell do you thing I got the license for ??? So I bought a Springfield .45 1911 long slide. She came with me to the range, decided she wanted to try it out and loved it, so I had to buy a XD9mm for her to use. Now if I go to the range without her she gets mad !!! Now she is a little down because she cant shoot while pregnant !

Here in Canada, you have to take a 4 day safety class when they are given 5 to 6 times a year, send your class results to the government and wait 6-8 months or more to get your permit. Then to buy a gun, you have to be a member of a club and pass their safety exam. Then you can buy a gun. Once you buy the gun at the store, you register it over the phone with the government and tell them its for target shooting and give your club membership #. (If you tell them for home security, you are refused to make the purchase and no registration will be done) Once the registration is done, you go home without your gun and wait 2-3 weeks for a transport permit from the store to your house. Once you have the gun in your possession at home, you call the government and apply for a transport permit from your house to the club (another 2-3 weeks).

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode