Boy, was I ignorant - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2005, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Boy, was I ignorant

I just spent today at a 100-year-old wax company showing me how to keep my car looking sharp. Clay? Why would I put clay on my paint? I now know.

The man behind me asked if I had a 550 when I spoke about my leather problem on my dash. Hum.

My son who just got his first car came with me to learn.

For almost four years, I have done nothing but wash it with water because I was so afraid I would hurt my thing. Now it will be neat and shiny. It will have no swirls, just a high polish deep shine.

:green:

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2005, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Rock chips and other mistakes will still be there.

I am almost ready for my second major. Yipes! But it will be clean when it goes into the hospital.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2005, 01:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
I never really understood the working of clay bars... but it seems to work great. Post a pic when the beast is shiney

post #4 of 4 Old 10-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I have tried every wax possible because I like my truck to shine like it just came out of the factory. I hate regular wax, its too pasty and you break your wrists applying it and buffing it and you can only do the paint area. When applying a new coat you have to remove the old one with a deoxidizer or use Sunlight soap because it's the only soap that removes wax. Using a buffer is also very bad on paint because it spins one way and heats the paint...not good ! You need to use an Oscillator, spins one ways and back (like the wash cycle in a washing machine) so it does not create heat.

I don't trust clay because if you get a bad batch, you can have a hard piece in it and it will scratch your paint to hell ! (happened to a friend of mine). Also that spray and wash crap has an alcohol in it to self dry, also no good for paint. What most people don't know is that a car wash uses recycled water (dirty water) that's why you get that grey film on your car.

My service rep knows I like my truck to look as if it came off the showroom as well as a clean freak so he sold me their wax/polish they use only for the showroom and when they sell cars not sold anywhere to the public, just for dealerships. I have been searching for over 10 years for stuff like this, its amazing it also give I a kind of wet look but its not. Its also used everywhere but unpainted plastic (works great on mirrors, chrome, windows, rims). Its kind of greasy but its not so applying and buffing is really easy. It lasts about 6-8 car washes. Not much but nothing sticks to your paint so you need less washes. I used to wash my truck twice week with regular wax. Now I just rinse off with a pressure washer once a week and dry with a chammy and wash once every two weeks. After it rains, go on the freeway/highway and your car is clean again nothing sticks to it...pretty cool !

If you can find it...pay anything for it...you will be amazed

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode