my car attacked at Met Life Stadium - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
my car attacked at Met Life Stadium

I've been going to New York Giants football games since my dad took my brother and me to the Polo Grounds to watch the Giants lose the NFL Championship game to the Green Bay Packers 14-7 in 1944. I've seen every championship game the team has played - some in person, others on TV - since then except the 47-7 win over the Chicago Bears at Yankee Stadium (oh, the ignominy!) in 1956. Although I was in New York City at that time, I missed that one because Captain Forsyth Massey, commander of my ship, U.S.S. Intrepid, then in Brooklyn Navy Yard undergoing six month overhaul, declined to give me liberty for the day, the wretch (only kidding Captain, you were a truly outstanding commander. And I've been a Giants season ticket-holder since 1961.

Two weeks ago I took my life-mate Judith, born in Prague, arrived in NYC age 17 with her mom, a Holocaust survivor, with $25. in their pockets, not a word of English, and made it on her own, to her second American football game. Giants lost miserably to Philadelphia Eagles. We are in the car, a Cadillac CTS, creeping out of the parking lot and I toot lightly the horn to suggest that a bunch of 20 or 30 something year-old guys and girls make a hole, when one completely drunken lout turns upon the car, face contorted in anger (clearly not happy with the outcome of the game) and bangs his fists on the driver's window. I try to open the door to restrain him and he slams the door back on me, hurling me back into the seat, then moves back and literally starts punching the rear quarter panel of the car with his fists. I get out and say to a stadium attendant - I want this guy's ID; attendant says the guy is so far gone he doesn't even know his name. I say he had to have ID to get the beer that got him this drunk. By which time the guy and his friends had fled.

Just got the repair estimate: $2,578.51 + the cost of a rental car at $60./day till repair complete. Both are covered by my insurance but can you imagine such a world?

Leads me to the second point: insurance covers rental of a 4 wheel drive BMW 328i . I've owned two BMWs, a 1965 1800ti bought at the factory and a 1970 2800, ditto. Both were excellent cars. I've been enormously impressed by this little 328. Very well made, excellent handling and steering turn-in when in sport mode and startlingly good acceleration when one hits the loud button. And it's a twin-turbo four!!!

I said to Judith, as happy as I've been with our Cadillacs, the STS-V and the CTS, I could easily live with this BMW as an everyday car. Since I'm devoted to the Cadillac brand, I've got to drive a new ATS for comparison.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Oh no, Seth! So sad to hear about the senseless attack!

It seems like upscale bars with wide screen TV will be the way forward for watching the game in a happy crowd. When I lived in Madrid, this was how I normally dealt with it.

I can only agree on the Bimmers. I bought a new manual 530 a few years ago and the car is impressive in every way, never ever any problems with it.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
Seth, sorry to hear about your game day. That's reflective of today's youth and the society we live in, unfortunately.

I own a BMW X5 to transport my dog and a 335i for my daily beater. The cars have been problem free, except for a $900 fuel pump repair which BMW NA covered out of warranty. If you decide to buy one, we have a 348 buddy who's a BMW sales manager who gives good deals to FL guys. Let me know.

Good luck with the repairs.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Seth, sorry to hear about your game day. That's reflective of today's youth and the society we live in, unfortunately.

I own a BMW X5 to transport my dog and a 335i for my daily beater. The cars have been problem free, except for a $900 fuel pump repair which BMW NA covered out of warranty. If you decide to buy one, we have a 348 buddy who's a BMW sales manager who gives good deals to FL guys. Let me know.

Good luck with the repairs.

Al, I assume the 335 is the famous BMW straight six? From the way this little 328 gets up and goes I was assuming it was a six; shocked to see it's a turbo four.

Seth
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

post #5 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
I've been going to New York Giants football games since my dad took my brother and me to the Polo Grounds to watch the Giants lose the NFL Championship game to the Green Bay Packers 14-7 in 1944. I've seen every championship game the team has played - some in person, others on TV - since then except the 47-7 win over the Chicago Bears at Yankee Stadium (oh, the ignominy!) in 1956. Although I was in New York City at that time, I missed that one because Captain Forsyth Massey, commander of my ship, U.S.S. Intrepid, then in Brooklyn Navy Yard undergoing six month overhaul, declined to give me liberty for the day, the wretch (only kidding Captain, you were a truly outstanding commander. And I've been a Giants season ticket-holder since 1961.

Two weeks ago I took my life-mate Judith, born in Prague, arrived in NYC age 17 with her mom, a Holocaust survivor, with $25. in their pockets, not a word of English, and made it on her own, to her second American football game. Giants lost miserably to Philadelphia Eagles. We are in the car, a Cadillac CTS, creeping out of the parking lot and I toot lightly the horn to suggest that a bunch of 20 or 30 something year-old guys and girls make a hole, when one completely drunken lout turns upon the car, face contorted in anger (clearly not happy with the outcome of the game) and bangs his fists on the driver's window. I try to open the door to restrain him and he slams the door back on me, hurling me back into the seat, then moves back and literally starts punching the rear quarter panel of the car with his fists. I get out and say to a stadium attendant - I want this guy's ID; attendant says the guy is so far gone he doesn't even know his name. I say he had to have ID to get the beer that got him this drunk. By which time the guy and his friends had fled.

Just got the repair estimate: $2,578.51 + the cost of a rental car at $60./day till repair complete. Both are covered by my insurance but can you imagine such a world?

Leads me to the second point: insurance covers rental of a 4 wheel drive BMW 328i . I've owned two BMWs, a 1965 1800ti bought at the factory and a 1970 2800, ditto. Both were excellent cars. I've been enormously impressed by this little 328. Very well made, excellent handling and steering turn-in when in sport mode and startlingly good acceleration when one hits the loud button. And it's a twin-turbo four!!!

I said to Judith, as happy as I've been with our Cadillacs, the STS-V and the CTS, I could easily live with this BMW as an everyday car. Since I'm devoted to the Cadillac brand, I've got to drive a new ATS for comparison.

Can we imagine such a world?
I hope not ..... but the reality is not good ....
I thinked that in USA the drunks would more controlled respect the Italy ....
I'm worried for the future .....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #6 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
Two turbo six Seth, about the same HP as my 360 now

Kids are denting car hoods now
It's the current rapper rage "put him in a coffin". Here's a video clip
http://youtu.be/ApMNHafD9bI
post #7 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Seth - sorry to hear.

Suggest keeping a long massive LED flashlight in your car - after the riots in St Louis every car has a survival bag with gloves leather man pepper spray.

The guy who damaged your car is most likely on video - hope you catch the SOB.

If one of my security guards acted in that way - the security company would be held responsible.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #8 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Sorry to hear of this Seth.

I think that by now we should have an alternative to the standard car horn. Perhaps a loud speaker. The problem with a horn is that it is too loud and others often consider it a threat. We need a 'thanks for letting me through' button or a comical attention getter.

I am glad that you were not physically harmed, as down here many are beaten to a pulp (and often worse) in these rage scenarios.

Take care,

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #9 of 14 Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,847
Seth- Not a good deal. Sorry it happened to you.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-22-2015, 12:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
You guys are so lucky that you are shocked by a thing like this... I've been in too many situations like this (or worse) in the less than a quarter century walking this earth...

As for the Bimmers, they are much better cars than the Cadi in every way I can think of...but I'm "a bit" biased though...having 3 in my garage.

Наздраве, Цветан!
post #11 of 14 Old 01-22-2015, 02:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsvetan View Post
You guys are so lucky that you are shocked by a thing like this... I've been in too many situations like this (or worse) in the less than a quarter century walking this earth...

As for the Bimmers, they are much better cars than the Cadi in every way I can think of...but I'm "a bit" biased though...having 3 in my garage.
I hear you loud and clear, Tsvetan. In some countries the outcomes are far less civilized. In some your religious faction determines your life. But in others our forefathers have strived to create a safe environment for all its citizens and we should earnestly enforce this hard fought right.

BTW I have never been in a BM. Missing out?

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #12 of 14 Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsvetan View Post

Tsvetan, have you actually driven any of the late Cadillacs? I have an STS-V and a CTS and both are superb cars. I've owned two Bimmers and as I've written here have an excellent rental 328 right now. To make a flat statement "much better cars in every way I can think of" is far too easy to discount out of hand.

Seth

post #13 of 14 Old 01-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,847
Seth- Affirmative, especially if you are not a BMW lover. Too many still remember the Cadillacs of the 50s and assume they are still like that.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
So sorry to hear this Seth. The girls must have been quite upset.

Agree with you on the BMW, I drive a 335i that's 9 years old this October but still gorgeous and still no reason to trade up. Very solidly built cars.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode