Chinese students in California. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Chinese students in California.

I thought this was interesting... Just had a buddy buy a new M6 for quite a discount off of one of these students when he was done with it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 09:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
I really feel sorry for these guys. This whole thing is just so.....low. Just like so many idiots from post-Soviet countries like mine, who finally got some cash...only these guys have more....but are just like monkeys to me... "Look, I got a 500k car and a golden iPhone, I'm the man!" hahaha

Наздраве, Цветан!
post #3 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
George Orwell's Animal Farm, another proof to me how profound the message of this novel was.

China has lost the spirit, sad. I miss Shou En Lai.

Their one child policy seemed to have caused this also causing severe distortions in their social fabrics.

Overall, I am a pessimist on human behaviors and this is just another proof.

Sad.

Last edited by Italian Lover; 01-01-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: addition

post #4 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
This phenomena is very active here. Cars are not the issue. Chinese are embracing our relatively tiny property market here. Stories of successful auction buyers with $3,000,000 in the boots of their cars for the purchase. I know a guy who offered $1,000,000 over the auction estimate just so it wouldn't go to auction.

We have always been a part of Asia, not a European colony. Now that reality is just staring to bite.

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #5 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Guys, look at the bright side; it's guys like them that help many of us get our Ferrari's.
I'm hoping there's a Chinese student going to help me into an Italia some day soon.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Guys, look at the bright side; it's guys like them that help many of us get our Ferrari's.
I'm hoping there's a Chinese student going to help me into an Italia some day soon.
That's just gold. David! I hope that they are particularly partial to 458SAs and then grow tired of them in a few years. I can wait.

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #7 of 12 Old 01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Owner

It is true that one can look at situations from various angles. At least these bone heads are after the newest, expensive, flashers now. I would shudder to think that their parents or they begin to find less modern models interesting. How sad to see those elites' offsprings become like these.

Next time I return to LA, I ought to visit the San Gabriel Valley region and Arcadia to see these pin heads in live.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #8 of 12 Old 01-02-2015, 08:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Their one child policy seemed to have caused this also causing severe distortions in their social fabrics.
This is interesting...
I wonder how the 21st century approach to socializing via technology (texting and social media) and the 1 child per family edict will play out in the future. How will future generations of Chinese citizens relate to each other being raised in single child homes, communicating via cell phone text, and listening to music via head phones.

Cheers,
Scott

Enjoy the journey so much you don't care how long it takes to get there.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
This is interesting...
I wonder how the 21st century approach to socializing via technology (texting and social media) and the 1 child per family edict will play out in the future. How will future generations of Chinese citizens relate to each other being raised in single child homes, communicating via cell phone text, and listening to music via head phones.

Cheers,
Scott
Scott, my feeling is that China is enjoying her "economic success" and rise to tour de force formidable now and for the near future (at least for the upper few percent people), but at the same time fundamental flaws and serious issues have not been dealt with or addressed. Based on China's mentality, it is questionable whether the US style political system can work, which I doubt it would. The society is aging rapidly also, albeit not as fast as Japan, but this unfolds serious social issues ahead. It is to be seen whether the current and future leaders can address these issues in acceptable manners and bring about reasonable kind of transformation for the good of all.

To answer your last question, China may be following the footsteps of Japan, albeit on a much, much larger dimension. Japan had her moments of glory in the 80's when their success went to their heads, became so arrogant and leaders did not have any future policies or directions to tackle their looming issues, and look where this country is now. The sons and daughters of that era's leaders are now "guiding" this country and I do not see a bright one ahead.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #10 of 12 Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Rich kids from ANY culture have these types of privileges. As kill58 aptly said we all would benefits from this. Sort of reminds of the 1930s Republican Party(USA) propaganda which was resurrected in the last few decades: "Trickle down economics". Yes apply trickle down economics to Ferraris!

On the real estate side, main land Chineses in Silicon Valley are showing up with millions of dollars in cash and buying up alot of good real estate.
post #11 of 12 Old 01-03-2015, 02:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
I remember the 80's when status' buildup's like these happened in the US/UK. Another time, another involved generation from a so called still prosperous country.
Everything is repeating AND.....mean reverting after all ! ;-)

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #12 of 12 Old 01-04-2015, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode