Ferrari Chat Traffic - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 147 Old 12-16-2014, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
Ferrari Chat Traffic

How do we get some of the ferrari chaters to come here. Fchat is a complete joke ran by a complete clown. He must have gotten his a$$ kicked so bad when he was young that he just acts like a little tyrant now. Insulting and calling people names but as soon as you PM him and challenge him he just bans you. There is no way that forum can sustain with a little Hitler like him. The guy is a complete clown and runs it like a dictator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 147 Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 PM
PSk

Ferrari Life Posts: 176
I'm on both, but I'm only really here because of Mk_e's v12 308 conversion.

The reality is this site has little substance that I find interesting. The vintage discussions are almost non-existant and most discussions about newer cars are about colours or how to clean them ... whoopie.

I'm pleased that you like it here though. Horses for courses I guess.
Pete
post #3 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 04:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
Ferrari Chat Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1moving View Post
How do we get some of the ferrari chaters to come here. Fchat is a complete joke ran by a complete clown. He must have gotten his a$$ kicked so bad when he was young that he just acts like a little tyrant now. Insulting and calling people names but as soon as you PM him and challenge him he just bans you. There is no way that forum can sustain with a little Hitler like him. The guy is a complete clown and runs it like a dictator.

I'm sure daverocks will pop up here since he has "left " ferrarichat after getting in to it with rob lay .

Oh , i just scrolled down , i see he's already here , lol . Thst didnt take long

post #4 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Other than SOME of the members at Fchat, that place is a joke and the owner is a little bitch whos parents never told him how to interact with people without being a tyrant. Most likely an only child.
post #5 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 04:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
I wouldn't open that can-o-worms and get Wetpet started on why he was perma-banned by Frito...
post #6 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Meh...Robb is just a little premadona that needs a ass wopping (which im sure took place often when he was a youngster).
post #7 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
This Ferrari forum is pretty empty -- for being such a very favorited, coveted brand world-wide.
Or maybe it's an industry trend...that's kind of shying away from Forums. Forums are kind of...so....2000's. I suspect most the Ferrari traffic is being on youtube...viewing videos/making comments there.

I occasionally pop in just to see what's happening. there seems to be quality,steady users here.
post #8 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
I am on both. It is much quieter here.

As for getting Fchatters here, I would start with finding positives to present to make them move here. Or dual participation perhaps...

Your hate for Rob will not accomplish your goal. It just looks bad.
post #9 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,872
Garage
Any forum is only as good as it's user base. It's up to the site owner to establish fair rules, make those rules known and consistent. Fchat's rules are less than that.

I am far from a saint - I can admit when I am wrong.

The drama could easily be stopped. Rob allowed the drama to continue in my restoration thread. If he (as the owner) had a problem, he could have told me to stop post - which he did not (and openly admits). Yet, he allowed other to continue with the drama.

He should have:

A) Told me to stop posting sticky refinished parts that I did

or

B) Told others to stop playing moderators (when they are not).

The truth is, Rob likes the drama and he had an agenda.
post #10 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATSON View Post
I am on both. It is much quieter here.

As for getting Fchatters here, I would start with finding positives to present to make them move here. Or dual participation perhaps...

Your hate for Rob will not accomplish your goal. It just looks bad.
I am as well.
At this point F-Chat has the size and inertia to prevail. There's a lot there of value there if you can get passed the petty cliquishness.

That being said the banned users that end up here tend to be some of the most interesting and valuable.
post #11 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
and non-banned or waiting to be

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #12 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave rocks View Post
Any forum is only as good as it's user base. It's up to the site owner to establish fair rules, make those rules known and consistent. Fchat's rules are less than that.

I am far from a saint - I can admit when I am wrong.

The drama could easily be stopped. Rob allowed the drama to continue in my restoration thread. If he (as the owner) had a problem, he could have told me to stop post - which he did not (and openly admits). Yet, he allowed other to continue with the drama.

He should have:

A) Told me to stop posting sticky refinished parts that I did

or

B) Told others to stop playing moderators (when they are not).

The truth is, Rob likes the drama and he had an agenda.
Well, it is his sandbox. If you want to play there, like it or not, you have to follow his rules and put with the nuances Just like your company is your sandbox. People start poking their nose into things and, well....

It takes two to tango but only one gets to shut off the music.

I just don't see the momentum shifting to this site. Too much momentum over there and dual posting takes too much time. But that can change....

I do check here on occasion as some banished FChat members have some interesting insight to problems left unattended on FChat.
post #13 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATSON View Post
Well, it is his sandbox. If you want to play there, like it or not, you have to follow his rules and put with the nuances Just like your company is your sandbox. People start poking their nose into things and, well....
And that's the point you are missing.

He does not have clear or consistent rules. I asked him in PM to define the rules of a subscriber verse a sponsor - he refused.

According to his rules, he only let's artists post commercial if they are not a sponsor but then he lets others post commercially.

I'm fine with rules - make them clear and be consistent.

And, if you are running a business, learn to have professional conduct.
post #14 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Haaaa, his rules. Hes a prick. His rules pertain to those he wants. The only section that has any real traffic there is the 355 section. He might be one of the worst business people I have ever ran into. Acting like a litte tyrant spoiled little kid is not gonna help either.
post #15 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1moving View Post
Haaaa, his rules. Hes a prick. His rules pertain to those he wants. The only section that has any real traffic there is the 355 section. He might be one of the worst business people I have ever ran into. Acting like a litte tyrant spoiled little kid is not gonna help either.
The 355 section over there is filled with wanna be owners. Many of the owners come on there and ask the most stupid questions like, how do I check my oil or why does my gas tank woosh when I remove the gas cap on a hot day ect ect. The same old dumb ass stuff over and over. Dave rocks had some interesting threads of late and fun to read. These sites are supposed to be about helping each other but Rob the furor Lay no longer cares about that....he had Robbie of SNM pm him and cry that some are stealing his ideas by talking about a Ferrari repair on a Ferrari site. So Mr. Lay
gets on Daves back because he needs to keep his yearly residuals coming in from his sponsors such as SNM. The same thing happened years ago when I was banned because of backing Dave Helms....again it came down to Mr Lay no longer getting his money from a sponsor. Rob Lay is an insecure midget of a man that only cares about money. His kind do not care how they get their cash even if it means stepping on the little guys as long as he gets it. People like him are so stubborn that they don't know or believe what Karma is all about. He is more than likely paying the price every day but still dosnt know why.....so he continues to screw others because he feels that he has to get back at someone.....Its a vicious cycle that he just can't comprehend.
post #16 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Owner

Garage
As a side note, yesterday I read the entire thread where he accused me of pushing Dave Helms out. I honestly think I was very respectful in that thread stating over and over how I respect Dave H but I really did not agree with the GCK (and I did have initial interest in it and spoke to Dave about it).

It should be acceptable to disagree, as long as it's done with respect and my posts in that thread were just that.

And, I'd bet Rob only agrees since Dave is not a sponor and gets lots of free plugs there from many folks (me included).

Clearly, Rob Lay is all about the dollar.
post #17 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Rob ran someone off? For shame! The only way to jack this place up is to start posting good content. Everybody on f-chat could move over here in a day. or never. I am really only interested in the owners moving over, frankly. Post more here, it is the only way to attract new members. I do what I can. Rob is a dick and does not deserve to represent ferrari owners as the top ferrari site. It was simply prime mover stuff. Keep inviting people over and encouraging them to post content. One day, the tipping point may be reached and ferrari owners will stop paying for that dick's upscale lifestyle. i know I won't contribute a cent.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #18 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
"Could you show me on the doll where Frito touched you?"

You're in a safe place now. Relax and enjoy. :-)
post #19 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
The only way to jack this place up is to start posting good content.
Amen to that. I'd only add that there ought to be more technical content and problem solving, and I don't mean "which exhaust should I put on my FCar" or "when should I change my timing belts".

Just start documenting your services, mods, or other interesting things you're doing, and I think the people will come. Shoot, even if you don't do the work yourself, take some photos of your techs doing it. Everybody likes photos

There are those who prefer to document stuff on the other site in order to get more feedback, and I get that, but we have more than enough solid technical folks here to give good feedback. I'm certainly grateful to the guys like mk_e, Dave, Bret, David, Taz, Will, Pete, and others who check in on my "major" Major thread and offer good advice.

I really don't need or want advise from some of the uninformed trolls' from the other site. They seem to be in it for the drama, rather than posting anything useful or constructive.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #20 of 147 Old 12-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 269
But how do you guys really feel?

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode