rising gasoline prices! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
rising gasoline prices!

Silly me: I just recently noticed that it's been taking longer and longer to fill up at the pump, then I figured it out that pumping rate is set to price and not volume!
I discovered this last time I was filling the MD with high-grade: it was taking so long that the guy behind me gave up and went to another pump.
It must take a good half hour to fill up in California or Europe! 8)

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Here in Scotland the pump rate is the same as before but the price just races round faster . I used to put 10 of petrol in for a week at work - now its 20
post #3 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 01:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Hmmm...I use a tank of gas every two days...

In a two week period (pay schedule), I will burn 7 or 8 tanks of fuel...

It takes $30 to fill my tank each time...

And that is the low grade fuel.

Man...this is some bull#$%@.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...

post #4 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Re: rising gasoline prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungathart
Silly me: I just recently noticed that it's been taking longer and longer to fill up at the pump, then I figured it out that pumping rate is set to price and not volume!
I discovered this last time I was filling the MD with high-grade: it was taking so long that the guy behind me gave up and went to another pump.
It must take a good half hour to fill up in California or Europe! 8)
I didn't know that the pump stations do that!
post #5 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 06:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Maybe if americans (and more and more europeans) wouldn't drive those stupid gas-guzzling SUV's... the rate of consuming would go down. And if everybody would just turn down the airco and everything in the house... etcetera... you get my point. Alternative power sources 4 teh win ! You people have a gigantic desert... use more solar power !!!

I realise that I'm busting america's chops here... but then I also know that the USA is about the only country that didn't ratify Kyoto so I'm more or less justified in my opinion. Because Kyoto wants a drastic reduction in CO2 emissions... and less CO2 comes from less fuel consumtion.

I also believe that the world's population should reduce by at least 50% to achieve that the available fossile fuels are sufficient for the population that uses it. And less people means less CO2 emission by breathing.

Drastic? Yes. Do I know how to reach this? Well... murdering 3 billion people seems kind of cruel... so I'm gonna go with NO. I don't know...
post #6 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Re: rising gasoline prices!

[/quote]

I didn't know that the pump stations do that! [/quote]

to clarify: it takes longer to put in 20 gallons at $2.75/gallon than it did at $1.37/gallon because the rate of flow is determined by the price per gallon.
when gas gets to $5.00/gallon it will take all day to fill up unless they speed up the pump rate;... but probably not by much since I'm sure there are regulations on how fast pumps can be allowed to dispense the goods! 8)

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #7 of 7 Old 07-18-2005, 02:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Fuel dispensing is regulated at something like 5 gallons per minute I believe. They probably slowed yours down because the price reading could not keep up with the flow. :lol:

Diesel fuel is regulated to 50 gallons per minute on some pumps though.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode