My son made a mistake. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
My son made a mistake.

I meet a man today. As I was leaving my liquor store from buying a political incorrect product, I saw a yellow Porsche with a black truck lid... Next to it was a man. I started a conversion with him. He was wearing a very nice polo shirt with his name on it. Under his name was Products.

He said he sold after market things for Porsche cars. I told him it was a nice 911. He corrected me by telling me it was a 996. It looked like a 911. The car was owned by Porsche and sold it to him as new but with many miles on it. I think he got a good deal.

He said his black truck lid saved 10 pounds or so for the car. It made it faster. I said my car is too fast for me and if I lost 10 pounds from my belly, it would not cost so much. He laughed because his belly could lose more than 10 pounds. He named some race drivers from various tracks and races. He was a Porsche man and not BMW. He was not pleased with the BMW people. Those people did not like to play fair in his book.

Anyway, his battery was dead. I offered to use my car and the battery cable, which are in every car I control. Opps, my son does not have cables in his car, which I was driving.

Bummer, I could not jump start a 996. It did have a 6 speed but he did not want to pop the clutch.

My son will have to tell me why his car does not have battery cables on it when he comes home this Monday.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-10-2005, 02:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
It would have been funny if you had used the beast to rescue the Porsche. :lol:

But yeah...why does your son not have cables? I have a set in all my cars as well. I'd rather have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #3 of 6 Old 07-14-2005, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
That is what I am upset with. All my cars have jumpers. My children know they must carry jumpers. What my son drives is mine. It did have a good set of jumpers.

The Porsche guy thought I must have been crasy.

12 cylinders or walk

post #4 of 6 Old 07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Have you ever jumped someone off the 550 ? I don't bother carring jumper cables in any of the Ferraris. I would never use them due to fear of messing up the already highly sensitive electrical systems. As an alternative I do carry a Booster pack.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-15-2005, 03:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Could that be a problem? Aspecially on the older types?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
I don't have jumper cables in any of my cars. I don't need them. Why should I spend $30 to buy something that will strictly be used by people I don't know?

If the battery is dead it is because it has been sitting and the clock ran the battery down. I have a big battery charger that can start engines. I have a battery load tester and I maintain all my batteries and charging systems. I don't take any of my cars out unless I'm 100% sure they will bring me back.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode