Im new here and I am headed to the Factory and have ????? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-13-2005, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Im new here and I am headed to the Factory and have ?????

Hello all,

I am new here. Its amazing to find so many people in love with Ferrari's. I have loved them since my dad stopped by a Ferrari dealership as a kid to window shop.

I have a few questions. I live in northern Italy and will be moving back to the states in 3 months. I have finally convinced my wife to take a day trip down the the Ferrari Factory in Maranello. I have had friends drive 3 hours there just to see a Museum with a dozen cars and the outside of the factory. Can anyone that has been there tell me if you can make it to the actually factory or not?

Im willin to drive there just to see the front door, but the wife thinks my obsetion isnt worth it. I stop the car to take pics of Ferrari's. And living in Italy they are everywhere.

Well enough typing, I appreciate the help.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
you can visit the museum, NOT the factory, that's only on invitation

and let your wife talk, you just HAVE to go there, if it's only 3 hours driving, and afterwards you are moving back to the states then you will always regret it if you haven't been there
post #3 of 6 Old 06-13-2005, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Nick, Many of the Ferrari Owners Club arrange for factory tours. The FOC UK makes at least 1-2 trips per year. You might also contact your local Ferrari dealer to see if he can help get you a place on one of the tours. I think the next one is scheduled for mid July. Good luck.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-13-2005, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Thanks for the info. I would deffinetly regret it. I lived in Germany for 2 years and Drove a Porsche 944s. Me and some friends made it to the stuttgart porsche factory. I pulled up in a US 944 and they were amazed. They took us on a nice visit of the Factory.

Now I gotta see inside the Ferrari Factory....
post #5 of 6 Old 02-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
hey guys first post on this board but i posted on other ferrari boards before. i am an engineering student in america and this summer through a summer study abroad through the engineering departmenti am going to italy for a month and europe for two weeks after that. i really wanted to tour all the major european car makers, like ferrari, lambo, porsche, zonda, etc. i know that ferrari doesn't give tours, but is there anyway that myself and my friends can tag along on one of your tours or tag along with someone who actually ownes a ferrari? or does any one have any contact info for PR people or for any of the plants? please keep inmind that my visit is not just limited to ferrari. i will be in europe from july 1 through mid august.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2006, 02:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 824
Just go there! I have had the luck to visit the factory multiple times, but even if I didn't, I would definately have gone to Maranello. The city lives Ferrari! Besides the factory, there is Fiorano (the test track) that can be seen from the outside. opposite the factory there is a garage called 'Toni Auto' which has some interesting Ferraris there. Of course there is the Galleria and there are several places to eat (Montana and Cavallino are the best know ones). There are many shops with memoribilia, books, models and the like if you collect this stuff. Furthermore there is always the possibility (and probability) you can spot many Ferraris in the village.

So in short, convince your wife you will tread here a good dinner in Maranello and explain this is the Mekka of the Ferrari fan. Even if you have to prromise to do the laundry for a year, do not hesitate and do it! You will regret it if you don't, especially when you cross the ocean. For us Europeans it is easier to go there ;-)

Niels

Doomed for life with the Ferrari virus

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode