Players Run - Road Rally from Los Angeles to Miami - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-14-2002, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
Players Run - Road Rally from Los Angeles to Miami

There's going to be held a road rally from Los Angeles to Miami in February 2003: the Players Run. The Players Run is held between 15th February 2003 - 22nd February 2003. We even have celebs (for those who care).

You find further information about the Players Run on www.playersrun.net

For the European fellas: Shipping the cars from Europe to Los Angeles and back from Miami to Europe is going to be organized.

After putting the stickers of the Players Run and our sponsors on your car you are allowed to put stickers of your company on the car, too!

One of the specials: Players Run has already 10% of the total tour closed by police for full speed driving and you will have the opportunity to drive on a few major US tracks. Have you ever thought about driving with your supercar as fast as you want on an US freeway? That'll be a blast!

We are also producing a coverage about the Players Run which will be sold to a TV station. Every car will be shown with your stickers in that special. Great advertisment for your company! Besides we're going to produce a Players Run DVD. Isn't that a great benefit participating in the Players Run?

Players will actually finish the mission in another country (but same day).

Entry fee is US $ 7500.-

(for one car with 2 persons, so you can share the costs)

Players Run is an 'by invitation only' event. Limit of cars is 100.

Less than 50 spots left ... So just fill out the online application form:

www.playersrun.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-14-2002, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

As I recognized there are people from different countries on this board ... and actually some of you are interested in rallies like the Players Run, but don't have a suitable car ... but on the other handthe right spirit and enthusiasm!

You could team up for the Players Run and have a lot of fun together!

www.playersrun.net
post #3 of 6 Old 10-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
I will take the Christopher Columbus TransContinental Highway from L.A. to Miami (I-10). Even in the few mountains, the speed would be over 125 mph. Most of the way, the speed would be at maximum. This is the Interstate 10 for the U. S. of A. The Southern Route.

This is from Santa Monica on the West Coast, (where I am) to the Atlantic Ocean. This race cannot be for the fastest across my county. Other highways and roads must be on the map. Otherwise, top speed is required. The Interstate will handle my top speed much of the way.

Please explain this race. I could travel across American in under a day if allowed. (maybe 15 hours)

:question:

12 cylinders or walk

post #4 of 6 Old 10-15-2002, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

It's not only about driving from coast to coast. It's also about having fun, partying and meeting other people. We have checkpoints with hairrising events and parties each night. For legal speeding we have closed streets (high speed sections) and tracks. By the way, our participants don't know the route yet. At the start you know where to find the next checkpoint and from there the next destination etc.

Nothing compares in doing such an event ... the excitement, the adrenaline rush, to hear the truckers on the radio when another group of 10 exotics is flying by, to have the best time with the coolest people (and new friends) ... you just can't beat it.

It's the mixture of the whole event! And you're going to have a lot of fun!

www.playersrun.net
post #5 of 6 Old 10-17-2002, 07:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
I could travel across American in under a day if allowed. (maybe 15 hours)

Bart,

What route would you take to make it across in 15 hours?!? :question: Heck, it's about 4 1/2 to 5 hours from Seattle to Spokane. Maybe I'm just a bit slow...

Forza,

Dane
post #6 of 6 Old 10-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
I-10 has few turns and no real mountains. Having a distance of about 2,500 miles (LA to Jacksonville) and a cruising speed of 150 mph equals about 17 hours of driving. One might average somewhat higher in the Western States. Adding the fuel stops, one with planing will made in in less than 20 hours.

This does not take into account the many tickets one would receive with the lost time.

:question:

12 cylinders or walk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode