Nikon D2x - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2005, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Nikon D2x

Just bought me a Nikon D2x camera. I'm going through the guide book now. Man this is one super camera!! And got me a Nikkor DX 17-55 f/2.8. Goona have some fun with it.

My niece's wedding is next weekend so that's a good time to test it. :wink:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-14-2005, 12:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
If it was any less than a super camera I would return it... It is like the most professional camera Nikon has at the moment
post #3 of 8 Old 05-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Nikon's are fantastic. I have an old F2 which I use every so often to shoot Black and Whites. It is 30+ years old and still takes amazing pictures. The D100 also takes outstanding digitals.

Have a great time with it. Just buy a huge mini drive to hold all the pictures.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-14-2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer
Nikon's are fantastic. I have an old F2 which I use every so often to shoot Black and Whites. It is 30+ years old and still takes amazing pictures. The D100 also takes outstanding digitals.
the quality of the pics depend for the biggest part on the photographer. I do not want to go into a Nikon vs Canon debate, but I have a Canon 20d, which shoots fantastic pics, and my dad had a 30 year old AE-1 which also produces nice photographs.
The camera can be fantastic, but if the photographer does not have an eye for good lighting and composition, the photo's will still suck. While when you have a good photographer with a cheaper camera can create fantastic pics, as long as he know what you can, and can't do with the camera.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-14-2005, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
the quality of the pics depend for the biggest part on the photographer. I do not want to go into a Nikon vs Canon debate, but I have a Canon 20d, which shoots fantastic pics, and my dad had a 30 year old AE-1 which also produces nice photographs.

The camera can be fantastic, but if the photographer does not have an eye for good lighting and composition, the photo's will still suck. While when you have a good photographer with a cheaper camera can create fantastic pics, as long as he know what you can, and can't do with the camera.
I agree. But once you've got the technique the next step is to get the best tools.

But you have to admit digital is a whole new world altogether!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-15-2005, 02:10 AM

That is true. Shooting digital makes everything a lot easier, the only problem I see is that some people do not know the difference between quality and quantity. I visit several photoforums, and some people post 30 picsor more from an event or happening, while only 5 are really good. The others are not bad, but just normal pics, not special ones.
Yes, it is nice to have the best equipment, but I doubt that I will make better pics with a fully professional camera than my semi-professional. I'm not that good to see the difference. At least I'm glad you bought a good lens since that is the most important part of makeing a picture, some people buy an expensive camera, but a crappy lens, that won't give you perfect pictures under hard conditions.
Did you also buy a UV filter to protect your lens? You can just srew it on the lens, does not effect your pictures, but if something goes wrong you will scratch the filter, not the first element of the lens. just screwing a new filter on the lens is cheaper than replacing the front element of it. But same with filter, if you have a professional lens, do not budget on the filter. My B&W UV filter cost me 70 euros, but that is because the lens had a 82 mm wide, the other lens I have is 77 mm wide and then the filter cost me 50 euro.

btw, I have:
Canon 20D + Sigma 24-70/2.8 + Sigma 70-200/2.8 + Sigma 1.4x converter.

I wish I had the money to buy the original Canon lenses in these ranges, but those cost 1200 euros each. Sigma is a little bit less quality, but only half the price Tomorrow will be my first Ferrari-meeting with this camera, I will post some pics
post #7 of 8 Old 05-15-2005, 11:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
argh, i so want that camera
how much are they over there??
in belgium they go for 8000
post #8 of 8 Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
That is true. Shooting digital makes everything a lot easier, the only problem I see is that some people do not know the difference between quality and quantity.
Thats what i'm learning. I took 706 photos yesterday at the Reding Ferrari Concours (will be posted soon) and probably half of them are semi-decent. I just figure that if i take tons, one will come out good. Thats not the way to think and i'm trying to change that

Chris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode