My BIGGEST Pet Peeve - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-13-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
My BIGGEST Pet Peeve

Recently I've been getting a ton of emails about login issues, etc. Some are worse than others, but what is really killing me are the ones where people seem to be shouting at me, like I am some billion dollar MNC that should have it perfect

NEWS FLASH FOR THOSE PEOPLE.

I work MY ASS OFF on this site AND IT'S A MONEY PIT, so don't shout at me, I do not appreciate it. Send me $17.95:

http://www.ferrariforum.com/membership.php

And then you can get a little more bent out of shape, until then....SHUT UP.

2nd point: Approximately 2800 people have successfully registered and about 2,500 of them have successfully logged into the site and posted a message.

Translation:

You can't use a computer, and it isn't Ferrari Forum that has the problem.

I am an extremely nice person and try to fit everyones needs on this site and I'm confident the majority of users here will agree. So please be nice, AND KEEP THE FIRST EMAIL WE SEND WITH YOUR USERNAME.

AND LEARN HOW TO USE THE "I FORGOT MY PASSWORD OPTION:"

http://www.ferrariforum.com/forum/pr...e=sendpassword

I apologize if my "customer service" is poor and my responses take 24 hours, but I have a full time job that isn't this site. Continue to enjoy the free information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
/me gives Andrew a lollipop
post #3 of 13 Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Wow! I guess you have been dying to get that off your chest. Hope you feel better now. I just jumped up at that bitch session and signed up for 3 more years and I wouldn't dare complain.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 13 Old 05-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
The a/c is PayPal, I don't have it. How do I pay using credit card? Sorry for being naive.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
Wow! I guess you have been dying to get that off your chest. Hope you feel better now. I just jumped up at that bitch session and signed up for 3 more years and I wouldn't dare complain.
Last night the email I got was the one that broke the camels back. It was one too many where I felt like I did above. Where someone wanted help, which I'm willing to give, but was just rude so I ranted.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
Quote:
Last night the email I got was the one that broke the camels back. It was one too many where I felt like I did above. Where someone wanted help, which I'm willing to give, but was just rude so I ranted.
I agree with you, when someone is giving you something for free and tries to help you get the most of it, you really don't have any room to bitch about it. Now if you are paying someone to provide a service and you don't feel you are getting your money's worth, now you can bitch.

If someone gives a hungry man a free steak, the hungry man has no right to complain because it is not prepared to his liking.

You have been dishing out free Ferrari steaks for years to the lines of people hungry for Ferrari information. So I don't blame you for getting upset when someone complains to you about something you gave them for free. I'd be pissed too.

Capt. Pete
post #7 of 13 Old 05-14-2005, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
You have been dishing out free Ferrari steaks for years to the lines of people hungry for Ferrari information. So I don't blame you for getting upset when someone complains to you about something you gave them for free. I'd be pissed too.
More pissed because I'm not doing anything wrong, that was your 1512th post, so it must be working.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
Quote:
More pissed because I'm not doing anything wrong, that was your 1512th post, so it must be working.
You, and all the other people here, keep me coming back. I don't think it is fair for you to pay all the costs for something we all enjoy. I don't like the fact you have to put money from your day job into it (although I thank you for keeping it going). I would like to hear one day that you bought a Ferrari with the money you made from this site. (Of course I guess you would like to hear that also)

Capt. Pete
post #9 of 13 Old 05-14-2005, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
I would like to hear one day that you bought a Ferrari with the money you made from this site. (Of course I guess you would like to hear that also)
Yes I would very much so, and I've crunched the numbers many times. It maybe realistic, but it will be a challenge and Internet marketing prices will have to increase. One plus is that people age 18 - 35 are spending more time on here (Internet) than on TV. So I should be able to charge more than a magazine does but that hasn't proven possible yet.
post #10 of 13 Old 05-19-2005, 06:14 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
Andrew,

I think you're doing a very good job! I can only hope my Formula One Forum will ever grow this big! So never mind the complainers, this site is the bumb!!!

Oh ehhh, I know now how mutch time and money a forum takes (and mine is still so small)...

cheers,
marcos
post #11 of 13 Old 05-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Andrew,
Just finally got to reading your thread: you are doing a GREAT job!
So don't let the b**tards get you down. If you ever have to raise your dues I will be the first in line to renew. I shall always be a member HERE! :wink: 8)

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
post #12 of 13 Old 05-29-2005, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

marcos & Jung,

Thanks for all the kind words, I have a lot of cool stuff planned and will keep pushing the site to the limits!
post #13 of 13 Old 06-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Andrew, keep up the good work. This is the only contact I have with so many Ferrari nuts. I have a record of every Ferrari I have ever seen and its great to fill in the gaps in my meagre knowledge by asking such a great database.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode