Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Driver's Lounge (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/)
-   -   Is Wayne Carini Authentic? (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/36281-wayne-carini-authentic.html)

uberschprung 09-15-2014 08:36 PM

Is Wayne Carini Authentic?
 
Hope you all are doing well.

First off, I'll say I enjoy watching Chasing Classic Cars. I think its the most informational car show on TV. Has anyone had an experience with Wayne/F40? I would think with as much as he knows he is no scam..

RCBFL 09-16-2014 09:05 AM

I lived in CT, visited his shop a couple of times and met him once. Seemed like an OK guy and I watch his show all the time.

Brian 09-16-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uberschprung (Post 477481)
Hope you all are doing well.

First off, I'll say I enjoy watching Chasing Classic Cars. I think its the most informational car show on TV. Has anyone had an experience with Wayne/F40? I would think with as much as he knows he is no scam..



I have. He has half a show in the can about our Land Speed Record team and has done shows about friends. I think he is a pretty good guy but got a little too caught up in his show. I think at least by the perceptions of people in the business that he does not paint himself in a good light. He buys a car with a bunch of issues, band aids it up and sells it as a restored car. Not a good representation for the people in the real restoration business. He is a used car dealer in the exotic business and has a repair shop. Any suggestion it is more than that is just hype.

wetpet 09-16-2014 05:40 PM

1280 Attachment(s)
I see him at all the car shows. Never been compelled to approach him or watch his show. No good reason other than there are usually a lot of more interesting people there.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

JazzyO 09-17-2014 10:23 PM

Nice guy, but to me it just spells "amateur hour". Perhaps harsh, but I've seen the episode with the 330GTC....


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Bluebottle 09-18-2014 01:34 AM

Sounds familiar: I have seen a show on TV here where a couple of "loveable rogues" buy dodgy classics and "restore" them on the cheap. Pity the unwary buyers. :thumbsdown:

johncieera 09-28-2014 09:43 AM

He seems to be an okay guy but can't really tell anything about him

mk e 09-28-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebottle (Post 479929)
Sounds familiar: I have seen a show on TV here where a couple of "loveable rogues" buy dodgy classics and "restore" them on the cheap. Pity the unwary buyers. :thumbsdown:

got to be "wheeler dealers", they show it here too. I enjoy the show but yes the "restorations" are a bit suspect. :yikes:

Brian 09-28-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk e (Post 486713)
got to be "wheeler dealers", they show it here too. I enjoy the show but yes the "restorations" are a bit suspect. :yikes:



Good parallel. He positions himself on the show as an upscale Wheeler Dealer and it isn't complementary. He's a nice guy. I am not sure he gets how it makes him look. Based on the people I know who are close to him, I'd like to think he is better than that. Some people just get stupid in front of a camera.

360 Modena 09-29-2014 06:50 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
I just watched him try to buy an unrestored 275 short nose on the eastern shore of MD. The owner came across as a douche.

The owner said he paid $50,000 for the car ~15 years ago, then turned down an offer of $800,000 by Wayne, Wayne asks him what $$$ he needs to do the deal. The owner told Wayne to make a best and final offer, Wayne walked away. Keep in mind, the car had been sitting in storage for ~20 years, not running, and in parts. The car needed a complete restoration.

For God's sake, if you are serious about selling a car, put a price tag on it man. Don't play silly games.

Kudo's to Wayne for walking away. I like the guy and his show.

wetpet 09-29-2014 11:26 AM

1280 Attachment(s)
Update. had lunch with mr carini yesterday. and 25 other people.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Granucci 09-29-2014 12:23 PM

ok, wet, which was more interesting, the meal or Wayne

wetpet 09-29-2014 01:38 PM

1280 Attachment(s)
don't know, never talked to wayne. did have a pretty good chat with bill warner, who was sitting next to me, about bob bondurant and caroll shelby tho.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

uberschprung 09-29-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetpet (Post 487169)
don't know, never talked to wayne. did have a pretty good chat with bill warner, who was sitting next to me, about bob bondurant and caroll shelby tho.

Sounds like it was a enjoyable lunch!

uberschprung 09-29-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Modena (Post 487001)
I just watched him try to buy an unrestored 275 short nose on the eastern shore of MD. The owner came across as a douche.

The owner said he paid $50,000 for the car ~15 years ago, then turned down an offer of $800,000 by Wayne, Wayne asks him what $$$ he needs to do the deal. The owner told Wayne to make a best and final offer, Wayne walked away. Keep in mind, the car had been sitting in storage for ~20 years, not running, and in parts. The car needed a complete restoration.

For God's sake, if you are serious about selling a car, put a price tag on it man. Don't play silly games.

Kudo's to Wayne for walking away. I like the guy and his show.

+1:thumbsup:.

My thoughts exactly about that episode... How ignorant that owner was...who wouldn't take a $800,000 offer on your investment of 50k?? lol

mk e 09-30-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uberschprung (Post 487209)
+1:thumbsup:.

My thoughts exactly about that episode... How ignorant that owner was...who wouldn't take a $800,000 offer on your investment of 50k?? lol

Well...a proper restore is what ....200k I'd guess and then its a......1.2-1.5M car?

something like that?....so while 800k is a big number it might not be a very good number if the guy has the 200k to restore it or a shop willing to split the profit.

henryr 09-30-2014 04:49 PM

seems like a pretty straight shooter as far as a treasure hunter goes..... he makes money by paying people less than their cars are worth.

what the guy paid for the unrestored car is irrelevant. the owner wanted sealed best and final bids. no negotiations of which he said waynes $800k was off the mark.

uberschprung 09-30-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk e (Post 487785)
Well...a proper restore is what ....200k I'd guess and then its a......1.2-1.5M car?

something like that?....so while 800k is a big number it might not be a very good number if the guy has the 200k to restore it or a shop willing to split the profit.

You may be right........but like I said, 800k on a 50k investent is good money.....Don't care who you are. If the other offer is more, than just be straight up with Wayne and tell him you have another offer X. If you don't like Wayne's offer, just say no and walk away.....He definatly didn't have to be so ignorant about the situation....

henryr 09-30-2014 06:13 PM

i am watching him rip off ( i mean buy) a ford woody as we speak.....

360 Modena 10-01-2014 04:24 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberschprung (Post 487817)
You may be right........but like I said, 800k on a 50k investent is good money.....Don't care who you are. If the other offer is more, than just be straight up with Wayne and tell him you have another offer X. If you don't like Wayne's offer, just say no and walk away.....He definatly didn't have to be so ignorant about the situation....


You made my point much better than I did.
I don't blame Wayne for walking away.
I'd have done the same thing.

The owner just wanted to be seen on TV and he came across as a douche IMHO


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale