slot cars - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-29-2014, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
slot cars

Its been 12 years since I set up my Scalextric slot car set. After going on ebay. and buying some more cars, I decided to set it up once more. The original set was bought in 1963 by my mom, for my dad , and its been a hobby of mine since I was a very young boy. I still have the original BRM and the Cooper that came with the set, and I have been able to keep them running after all these years. Im still thrilled to death running all of my cars on the track. Its amazing that some of the cars actually mimic the real ones from the period. For instance, the two GT1 Porsches , run really smooth, and I can drift them without crashing with the most delicate throttle control, while the F40 , is raw , the electric motor much noisier ,and the car getting sideways with the most ease of throttle control. and its just a blast to run, just like the real car !!! The two 90 s F1 cars, Sennas Mclaren and a Penzoil Jorden , run very smooth, and with a fresh set of tires, stick to the track really swell. The late period F1 cars that I have...Williams BMW in Compaq Livery, a Marc Gene Minardi ,along with a 2004 Ferrari (and some others) , can be run at almost full throttle all the way around the circuit...same as my two Ferrari 333 SP s Im just now getting around to running the Ferrari 330 P4 and the Ford GT 40 that I bought..
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode