15 year old boys birthday gift is a new Pagani Huayra - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 159
15 year old boys birthday gift is a new Pagani Huayra

What will he get on his 16th birthday?

from the article:
He is 15 years old and lives in the city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The supercar comes as a gift for the boy’s birthday and is the first Huayra order from this country, although it will be the second of its kind to hit the roads in Taiwan.

7 pictures and full article

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0006 View Post
What will he get on his 16th birthday?
A sense of entitlement.
post #3 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
Not really good for the boy. So many people envied me, hated me and tried anything to knock me down just because my parents had enough money to buy me the latest 3 Series from BMW "Premium Selection" programme when I was 19...and many still do...
And that kind of gifts at 15? Within a few years that kid won't have any motivation to do anything constructive...

post #4 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
parents need a thrashing, but expect the boy to serve it up for them when he goes out of control

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,189
The next event the parents may be attending is the kid's funeral.

It's happened in our very affluent town north of Houston, where many parents have more money than good sense.

The worst one to date was when a kid was given a supercharged Mustang for his birthday and proceeded to kill himself and 3 other teens in the car the next day while joyriding at excessive speed.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #6 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
A Ferrari site spreading ill will and making fun of a kid getting an expensive banana - yet applaud 50M Ferrari owners.

People with money should be ashamed to spend it - really?

Many of us modified are cars that made them far more dangerous than a Pagani - hope he enjoys it and on his 16th perhaps a 40m jet.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #7 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Glorious display of utter stupidity. Just another proof that a crow may be smarter than us humans. :thumbs down:

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #8 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
The protagonists of the world's new money are enchanted by the shine. Little do they know, that they in fact are blinded.

Many become rich men and women, these days - few know how to walk the walk. Friendly elegance is not everything, it's all!

When the vulgar crowd come for our classic and vintage cars, we must move to the next, setting our own new trends. My newly acquired Cinquecento is a somewhat searching attempt to do so. The only reason for me to sell my classics, would be when the classics are almost entirely owned by people with whom I absolutely cannot relate with. As I would not want to be seen in a car, normally owned by people, who are the opposite of friendly elegance, I would see no other remedy than to let go and find something else, something untouched by the general focus of intense wealth - perhaps an old split cane fishing rod?!

-And when we have fooled the crowd to corner the market of fine old hand made split cane rods, we can move straight back in, and sweep up the Huayras they are indifferently letting go of, at very decent prices!

Take it as a poetic note.

But I sincerely hope this particular fortunate lad will enjoy his Huayra in good health. In fact, I hope all Huayra owners will be safe and happy in their cars.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #9 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Absofuckinlutely!
post #10 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,311
Today, he'll learn the price.
Hopefully, someday soon he'll learn the value.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #11 of 42 Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Geez....Stupid move by the parents. Coming from a lower income family this just isn't right. You at last could've used the money towards college or something useful down the road.. Although they will most likely pay for that too.
post #12 of 42 Old 08-21-2014, 01:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
that's just insane! Is he even allowed to drive in the age of 15?
post #13 of 42 Old 08-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
Geez....Stupid move by the parents. Coming from a lower income family this just isn't right. You at last could've used the money towards college or something useful down the road.. Although they will most likely pay for that too.
For some silly reason I don't think they are worried about the cost of tuition.

On the other hand - a factory worker at Pagani may now be able to send their kid to college.

The taxes collected may just buy a Fire fighter new equipment that saves someones life.

Todays world of negative judgement without any knowledge is extremely disappointing.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #14 of 42 Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 AM

Garage
And on another hand - this same kid may get too excited, call a friend, grab the keys, get the car and crash into and kill the next Enzo Ferrari (may he rest in peace). Anything is possible, really, but bringing the world to a 15 year old's feet is plain stupid. I'm really glad that, as a kid, I never knew how much money my parents were making and I had the chance to grow up having normal relationships with the others and appreciate things.
post #15 of 42 Old 08-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 281
My 15-year-old son is getting his driving permit in 2 weeks. He'll get something comfortable, stylish, safe, and utterly devoid of the temptation to show off via speed. My desire to flaunt wealth via my children is, shall we say, somewhat smaller than my concern for their safety.

Cheers, Ben ( Too many toys, not enough garage space! )
post #16 of 42 Old 08-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by treynor View Post
My 15-year-old son is getting his driving permit in 2 weeks. He'll get something comfortable, stylish, safe, and utterly devoid of the temptation to show off via speed. My desire to flaunt wealth via my children is, shall we say, somewhat smaller than my concern for their safety.
Ben I commend you for showing this level of restraint.

I just can't see anything positive coming from a 15 year old being given a high powered car by his parents, just as I can't see anything positive resulting from a monkey being given a loaded 12 gauge Winchester.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #17 of 42 Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Ben I commend you for showing this level of restraint.

I just can't see anything positive coming from a 15 year old being given a high powered car by his parents, just as I can't see anything positive resulting from a monkey being given a loaded 12 gauge Winchester.
Yeah - I gave my son a monkey with a loaded Winchester when he was 15 too.

For some reason he chose that over a yellow Pagani.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #18 of 42 Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by treynor View Post
My son was given his grandmas s500 and a Camaro 69z28.
He was free to take the 612 or my CL65. Etc.

Reason I share this is he lost 4 friends all different accidents at 16

2 texting 1 drinking the other driving stoned.

The one stoned killed 3 others.

Anyway - after living thru two kids becoming drivers I would never wish ill of someone else's kids. That's my point - showing off wasn't my concern inasmuch being responsible with a 3500 lb weapon.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Last edited by champagne612; 08-22-2014 at 09:04 PM.
post #19 of 42 Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
what was he stoned on doug? I have never heard of weed doing such a thing. Not saying it didn't, just never heard of it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #20 of 42 Old 08-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
what was he stoned on doug? I have never heard of weed doing such a thing. Not saying it didn't, just never heard of it.
Was smoking a joint when he crashed who knows what else and had his license suspended two times. But his wealthy parents thought a lawyer was their best friend.

Point is a vehicle is a weapon - how many of you guys sent your kids to driving school or don't allow their phone to send or receive texts while driving or install hands free phones install breath meters perform drug tests on your kids.

I collected keys to every kid who came to my house and gave them back when they passed the test.

I would be willing to bet most have not bothered and if you don't think your kids or their friends will be killed in a car accident you are kidding yourself and it's not because of the kid in a yellow Pagani who's Father may have taking the necessary precautions.

Wealth is all about perspective.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode