I got hooked again - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 03-14-2005, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
I got hooked again

so last wensday GT4 FINALLY came out here, so saterday morning, a little bit after the shopping center opened, i stormed in and FINALLY BOUGHT THE DAMN GAME, after a long long time of waiting
so, 2 days later
i feel like an addict again: want to play, need to play, have to keep on playing :green:
as you might have guessed, several hours later, i'm totally hooked again :green:

this game is awesome, 700 cars & 50 tracks including Laguna Seca & the Nordschleife

i can't wait till i get some more cooler & faster cars & some racing cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Re: I got hooked again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
so last wensday GT4 FINALLY came out here, so saterday morning, a little bit after the shopping center opened, i stormed in and FINALLY BOUGHT THE DAMN GAME, after a long long time of waiting
so, 2 days later
i feel like an addict again: want to play, need to play, have to keep on playing :green:
as you might have guessed, several hours later, i'm totally hooked again :green:

this game is awesome, 700 cars & 50 tracks including Laguna Seca & the Nordschleife

i can't wait till i get some more cooler & faster cars & some racing cars
I got the Chinese version which was released sometime in early Dec 04. I have been playing it whenever I have time. It's awesome, certainly as close to a real car feel than even the GT3 (which was great already). I just love it and as I advange the game gets more and more difficult, especially using the Le Mans GT and sports cars. They're so fast and more dificult to control. Also it took me quite a while to master Nurburgring! Now that's my favourite course!

Enjoy!! Be warned, it's addictive!!!! :lol: :lol:
post #3 of 29 Old 03-15-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

I don't have any of the LMP's or the big GT's yet
to reach that i will have to play at least another 50 hours or so :green:
but, it's worth the time :wink:

post #4 of 29 Old 03-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
could a 12 year old play this ?
post #5 of 29 Old 03-15-2005, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

OOOOHH YEESSSSS!!!!!

BUT, i'll warn you up front, once you try it yourself to show your kid how to play it, then watching is all he will be doing :wink: :green:
post #6 of 29 Old 03-15-2005, 02:14 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Race games are for daddy only :P

I saw a whole bunch of GT4 screens a long while ago and it looked spectacular. The commercial on TV is also pretty damn cool. But I want to know if it will be released for PC cos I don't have (and don't like) game consoles. And will it play on a P4-1700Mhz?Were the other GT games released for PC?

The last race game I played was Network Q RAC Rally which I could play on my Pentium-100... so I'm kind of out of the loop...
post #7 of 29 Old 03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Owner

Quote:
I don't have any of the LMP's or the big GT's yet
to reach that i will have to play at least another 50 hours or so :green:
but, it's worth the time :wink:
Once you start you'll not be able to sleep because you want to finish the set to get the prizes!!

Here's the FAQ site for the prizes.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...mo_4_prize.txt

Basosz, none of the Gran Turismo games (since GT-1) are available for PC.

Boxer, the game is as close as you can get to really driving the car. A 12 year old will not even pass the many qualifying stages for the different A, B and the international licences (the qualifying requirements before you can play the Gran Turismo proper). It's a game for drivers really.
post #8 of 29 Old 03-16-2005, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

i know what you mean, i already have 3 out of 5 licenses, a bunch of cars already, but tuning them is so expensive, and you need to tune them of you wanna win and get the money and prizes
i've raced most part of the beginners races aswell, and also all the driving missions from International B license

but getting all that money is a lot of trouble, and i don't like to sell any cars since later in the game you probably gonna need that car that you have sold, and then you need to buy it back
post #9 of 29 Old 03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Owner

Quote:
i know what you mean, i already have 3 out of 5 licenses, a bunch of cars already, but tuning them is so expensive, and you need to tune them of you wanna win and get the money and prizes
i've raced most part of the beginners races aswell, and also all the driving missions from International B license

but getting all that money is a lot of trouble, and i don't like to sell any cars since later in the game you probably gonna need that car that you have sold, and then you need to buy it back
Save your money and then buy a Mercedes SL. Race in the Mercedes SL race in the Mercedes Hall and win the Mercedes DTM car. Then use it to race in the DTM rcaes in the European hall. When you win you'll get the Mercedes AMG SLK-DTR, sell this for aroung 700,000 points and keep repeating the DTM races and keep winning the prize and sell the car. You'll build your fortune in no tim!! :lol:
post #10 of 29 Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

:lol:
nice trick, i think i will have to pull that one off a few times aswell :green:
i was already happy that i could transfer 100.000 credits from my GT3 savegame to help out a bit

i also guess that you can't buy a used SL, so that means a brand new one and then spending A LOT of tuning it so that it fly's
post #11 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

so i kinda followed your advice and bought myself a Merc SL65 AMG :green:
and then stuffed 958 HP in there instead of teh 603 HP it normally has, and ripped off over a 100kg in its weight :green:
but i kinda think i overdid it a bit, the car is a brute and a bit difficult to handle
also after finishing the SL races i got a gullwing, i received the CLK DTM after winning the Legend of the Silver Arrow races
post #12 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Owner

hehehe nice trick isn't it!
post #13 of 29 Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

dont know yet
for that DTM season you need to iA license, still need to do that one first
but i picked up some nice cash if you goto rally events and then drive the 2nd stage on easy, there you just have to race the same "track" 2 times, once in every direction, get a decent car and you win that easely, you drive both test within 10 min. and you get 5.000 credits for each win, and afterwards you get a Toyota Rally Raid car wich you can sell for around 270.000 credits
post #14 of 29 Old 03-24-2005, 05:42 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Why do I get the impression that this sounds suspiciously like cheating ?
post #15 of 29 Old 03-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Owner

Quote:
dont know yet
for that DTM season you need to iA license, still need to do that one first
but i picked up some nice cash if you goto rally events and then drive the 2nd stage on easy, there you just have to race the same "track" 2 times, once in every direction, get a decent car and you win that easely, you drive both test within 10 min. and you get 5.000 credits for each win, and afterwards you get a Toyota Rally Raid car wich you can sell for around 270.000 credits
I didn't try this. Good !!

The Special Condition Hall gets tougher on the "normal" and especially the "hard" sections.

One of my memery card just gave up the ghost. I have all the licence done and fiished all the Beginner Hall and Professional Hall and most of the Special Condition Hall.

Ah well. Luckily I have 2 more, one from my play in Melbourne and another since I started on the GT4! I almost finish all except some crazy 24 hour Endurance races and the Mission Hall! They're tough!! :lol:
post #16 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Why do I get the impression that this sounds suspiciously like cheating ?
most cars you win, you don't use, so you can sell them to get some extra credits, to upgrade your cars that you do use, so that's not cheating, that's supporting the economy :wink: :green:
post #17 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

stradale

well yes, you already have a few months of a leadstart on me

i still have to get the 2 last licenses, but have finished the beginners hall, and i'm busy with the pro hall now

have you already tried the driving missions?
the 1st 10 with iB license are pretty easy
post #18 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 02:58 AM
Owner

Mission Hall is tough!
post #19 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 11:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 83
Wasn't this game supposed to have over 100 tracks?
post #20 of 29 Old 03-25-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

nope
700 cars & 50 tracks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode