The Commom Denominator.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
The Commom Denominator....

Good evening everyone, I've been thinking about this for awhile but haven't gotten around to posting it. This site brings us together to talk about one thing....Ferrari's.

But their is a common denominator between our love for Ferrari's and Ferrari's, and its Italy.

So that leads me to my question, Do you find yourself being intrigued in other Italian categories? Such as food, style or language?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
....yes and women

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #3 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNart View Post
....yes and women
Even married one!

David.

post #4 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,322
Ferrari from Maranello
Balsamic from Modena
Barolo from Alba
Zegna from Milano
Bicycle from Torino
Azzurri on TV
And a wife who speaks Italian
Italia covers all the bases for me!

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
I just got the Rosetta Stone program for Italian . . .

did anyone mention opera? No one does it like the Italians.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
So that leads me to my question, Do you find yourself being intrigued in other Italian categories? Such as food, style or language?
Yes, we are off to Tuscany at the end of the week, for the fifth year running: the highlight of our annual holiday is an open air concert organised for one night only every July by Andrea Bocelli in his home town of Lajatico, where we have now made a number of good friends with whom we keep in close touch between visits. This year's star guests include Placido Domingo and Ennio Morricone; previous years' concerts have included Jose Carreras, Lang Lang, Andrea Griminelli, Sarah Brightman, Zucchero, Renato Zero, Katherine Jenkins and many others, classical and modern.

It's a fabulous event, sitting with 10,000 other cheerful concert goers on a Tuscan hillside under the stars, on a balmy summer evening, after a good dinner, listening to some truly great music. Our daughter now helps out at the concert: she is in great demand to deal with international guests, as she speaks Italian, French, German and English.

The rest of our holiday is spent enjoying the excellent food and wine in numerous good but cheap local restaurants, as well as relaxing in the Tuscan sunshine and exploring the area's rich architectural and artistic heritage in such cities as Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano, and Siena. And the ice cream . . . !!

If you are visiting Italy for the first time, learn a bit of the language before you come: outside the big cities, many Italians do not understand a word of English and those who do will appreciate your making the effort to learn their language and will be very friendly, extending a very warm and genuine welcome to their wonderful country.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #7 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 02:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
If you are visiting Italy for the first time, learn a bit of the language before you come: outside the big cities, many Italians do not understand a word of English and those who do will appreciate your making the effort to learn their language and will be very friendly, extending a very warm and genuine welcome to their wonderful country.
That was my experience as well. I went to the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola in 2004 and discovered that few spoke English. Since I was suffering from jet lag anyway, I spent almost the entire night reviewing Italian so I could speak better the next day. That made all the difference. I probably mixed in a lot of Spanish, but everyone was much more responsive to me as I did my best to speak their language.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
I'm liking the input!
post #9 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
switch brioni or kiton for zegna and add espresso and cappuccino and that's my list too. love pretty much all things italian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Ferrari from Maranello
Balsamic from Modena
Barolo from Alba
Zegna from Milano
Bicycle from Torino
Azzurri on TV
And a wife who speaks Italian
Italia covers all the bases for me!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 13 Old 07-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
or do what i did a lot. learn to point at things you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 13 Old 07-08-2014, 04:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
An Aussie just like myself was engaged to marry a sexy Italian girl. But she had an even sexier sister who he just couldn't pry his eyes away from. So, the day before the wedding the bride to be's family devised a test for him.

The sexy sister secretly arranged to visit his house. Once inside she told him that she had noticed his attentions and that she felt the same way. And now would be a great time to have sex as they were finally alone.

Without saying a word the guy immediately ran out of his house, only to his surprise run into his future wife's entire family, who were waiting outside.

The men had guns and the women had knives. The family erupted with joy and happiness. "This is the man for our daughter!!!"

Only he knew the real truth.

He always kept his condoms in his car's glovebox, never in his house!!!

David.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #12 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Arrived in Tuscany and glorious sunshine - they do go together, don't they? Well, most of the time anyway (see below). Picked up the hire car at Pisa airport - a Merc CLA, brand new with only 4 km. on the clock! Very nice, comfortable and all the controls in the usual familiar places, but as far as performance goes, the phrase "couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding" springs to mind. Oh well, we're on holiday so we'll just have to go with the flow!

Satnav guides us infallibly to Lajatico (I've done the journey so many times now, I could probably manage without, but it does help), with a thunderstorm on route, but happily it's dry again when we arrive and Mario and Eva are there to meet us with the key to our apartment, just a few doors along from their own house and only a minute's walk from the Piazza in the centre of the village. Mario is a semi-retired fashion photographer with an impressive back catalogue whom we met on our first visit to Lajatico five years ago. Eva, his wife, is also an accomplished professional photographer and they are both great company, even though they speak very little English and we only a little Italian - fortunately our daughter is almost fluent these days, so she acts as interpreter.

The apartment is delightful: recently refurbished by extremely talented local architect Alberto Bartolini, it is full of fascinating, original and quirky details. The bedrooms overlook a sunny private courtyard on to which our living room opens, with a door to the street, which will be a great outside space to eat, drink and soak up the sunshine.

This evening we go to da Nello, the wonderful local restaurant in the Piazza, where we are greeted like long-lost friends by "Brenda", Paula, Paula's Mamma and her young son Gianmarco, who sits at our table drawing pictures of tractors on the bask of a place-mat! I enjoy a first course of tagliatelle with rabbit ragu, followed by a truly amazing dish of tripes, washed down by excellent local red wine, then it's off to a performance of Tosca, attended by most of the village, which was truly inspirational. And so to bed, tired but happy!

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #13 of 13 Old 07-18-2014, 02:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
No, No & No...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode