Maserati Divesture ? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-03-2005, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Maserati Divesture ?

I have heard that Ferrari is considering spinning off Maserati. The reason given is it is still a financial drag despite the recent increases in sales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2005, 03:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
yes, that suprised me because Maserati's sales are really going up. Maybe the depts are very big so it will take years befre the get even?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
I believe it is in wake of wanting to go public. Without Maserati on the books Ferrari shows profit, and investors like that. With Maserati on the books it shows a loss and it is still unclear if the marquee will be successful. I hope it is but I'm worried that it will actually suffer. I think Ferrari had a better chance of making it profitable in the long-run.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-05-2005, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
I think it depends on if this is just a financial split or a full operational division. If the later then my guess is Maserati will end up as a slightly upscale Alfa in the long run. I hope it is the former.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
It looks like there is even more shake up:

Leach expected to leave Fiat's Maserati CEO post

CHRISTOPHER EMSDEN

Associated Press

MILAN - Martin Leach will soon leave the helm of Maserati, the sportscar brand controlled by Fiat SpA, a person familiar with the situation said Friday.

Fiat earlier this week announced it will buy Maserati from Ferrari SpA, saying it intends to try to find commercial synergies between Maserati and Alfa Romeo, the sporty premium brand in Fiat Auto's stable.

Fiat originally sought Leach, who formerly ran the European operations at Ford Motor Co, to take the top job at Fiat Auto, but Ford sued to block the appointment. Fiat hired Herbert Demel in late 2003 instead.

On Thursday, Demel was fired by Sergio Marchionne, the Fiat group chief executive who took the reins at the Italian conglomerate last summer.

Demel and Leach were hired by Marchionne's predecessor, Giuseppe Morchio. Marchionne, a lawyer, is insisting on speeding up decision-making across the company and especially at the auto unit.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
It's also been rummored that Ferrari will give up Maserati in order to take on Lancia. They would then turn around the Lancia product line up as they did Maserati with better design and engineering. Lancia would allow for greater volume sales and thus would be a better ballance for Ferrari than Maserati.

Question is how good will the future Maseratis be now that FIAT is in control of car development?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode