Just Married!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 09-23-2002, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Just Married!!

OK everyone,
I tied the knot yesterday! Enclosed is a pic of the handsome groom (OK you can argue that point if you want too), the beautiful bride, and their red "getaway" car. (and yes, it is still MY car!)
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Pete,
Congrats!!!!! Thats one hell of a getaway car for a wedding. I'd take that over any day of the week over a limo. Everytime I see the wheels on your car I think "damn those are awesome looking." Way to go! Looks like the weather was nice too.
post #3 of 17 Old 09-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 454
Pete,

First of all, congratulations. Second, what a way to do it. That really is a special picture. What did people say when you drove off in the car?? I bet there were alot of "oooohhhhs and aaaahhhhhs." I'm glad to see there wasn't shaving cream or tin cans all over the car!
Again, congratulations. Are you getting to go on a honeymoon??

Forza,

Dane

post #4 of 17 Old 09-24-2002, 12:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
I'm glad to see there wasn't shaving cream or tin cans all over the car!
Congratulations Pete!!....hey Dane, don't forget shoe polish and silly string
post #5 of 17 Old 09-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Owner

Tifoso_boy,

You're right. Oh Lord, I would've lost it if someone would've done that to my car. I could hear it, "Dane, it's just a car..." Oh man.

Forza,

Dane
post #6 of 17 Old 09-24-2002, 12:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
CONGRATS PETE :ex: :green:

Nice wedding pics :wink:
did she give you a hard time for getting the car into the pics? :P
post #7 of 17 Old 09-24-2002, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks for the congrats! I really appreciate it.

The weather did cooperate. It was a stellar day. What you can't see in the photo is the ocean. The tent were we had the ceremony and reception was right on the water. I had the car a little bit away from the general gathering.

To answer some of your questions:

Dane,
There were a lot of Oohhs and Aaahs. Many of my family and friends had only heard about the car and had not seen it. Many of Marni's friends and family had not even met me so they were impressed with the groom's wheels. (that was for you Andrew :wink: ) Marni and I were not the only people photographed in front of the car that day. Marni's sister was the maid-of-honor and did want to do a little "decorating". I told her that I thought Pininfarina did a fine job already although later I did submit to a ribbon on the antenna. For a honeymoon we are spending a week in New Orleans next month. We did have the bridal suite at a local Inn for the night of the wedding.

DJ Dirk,
No, I did not get a hard time for wanting a couple of pics with the car. I did get a few comments from the onlookers for giving it a quick "dusting off" before the photos. She got all the pics she wanted down by the water with the wedding party, etc. The whole wedding was basically her show. I didn't say too much. I only had a couple of requests and the shot with the car was one of them. I wanted that shot specifically to post it on this website to share with you guys.

I look forward to any other comments. I have been sharing this thread with Marni and having her read the responses. I want her to see the people who I am communicating with when she comes out of the bedroom at 3 in the morning rubbing her eyes, seeing me at the computer and saying "what are you doing?".

:green: :roll: :green:

Capt. Pete
post #8 of 17 Old 09-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Owner

Pete,

My brother passed this marital advice to me almost four years ago. Two words that can go a long, long way. "Sure and OK." Whatever my wife has wanted or thought has been given my "sure, O.K." endorsement. Try it, Marni may like it.

Forza,

Dane
post #9 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 02:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Congratulations Pete. Great picture - looks like a superb day.

LOL Dane, trust me - the 'sure ok' technique works on this side of the atlantic also and probably across the whole world.

To be fair my wife has always accepted that I am going to spend (not waste) 1000's on cars. I guess its one of the ways I know I married the right one. Although she does prefer Porsche's !!!!!! Well nobody's perfect. :wink:
post #10 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Owner

Rorytiger,

I thought it was pretty funny when I first heard it too! It works over there as well, huh? Ahhh, the universal language...

Funny, my wife isn't crazy about Porsche's at all. I do like Porsche's; great cars, a blast to drive. Of course, she may just say that ensure I know her heart is in the right place, Ferrari... :wink:

Forza,

Dane
post #11 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 12:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Pete
So she planned everything and told you just show up :wink: :green:
But yur probably not taking the car on honeymoon unless yur gonna pack very light :lol:
It's good that you had good wheater that makes the day a lot more memorable, Have a great live together
post #12 of 17 Old 09-25-2002, 03:26 PM
Owner

Dirk,

Good point.

Pete,

You must've packed lightly, huh?!? :question:

Forza,

Dane
post #13 of 17 Old 10-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Pete,
So after a couple weeks how the married life treating you? I'm guessing with the weather the last few weeks that the drilling was post poned. How big are swells during a Hurricane?
post #14 of 17 Old 10-12-2002, 02:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
Congrats, but get that car out of the swap! :wink:
post #15 of 17 Old 10-13-2002, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Andrew,
Married life is good so far. She's in Maine and I'm in the Gulf of Mexico. I've got 10 days left and then we are going on a little honeymoon. (We are going to whoop it up in New Orleans for a week).
We are back to drilling now but when I came out on the 1st of Oct. we were already secured and we moved the vessel away from hurricane Lili. (we actually ended up 200 miles west of the eye so we were in no danger). There is a weather bouy very near our drilling location and when Lili passed by it recorded 40 foot waves.

Pristine,
Don't worry, the car was not in the swamp! It was high and dry! The location was right at the mouth of the Saco river. What you see behind us in the picture is a tidal marsh.

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 17 Old 10-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 457
Congratulations Marni and Pete!
post #17 of 17 Old 10-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Pete,
Does that Hyundai have internet connect? I'm guessing it does as high tech as it is. My mind is going bad. I thought your ship could only handle 25ft swells. Well either way, enjoy New Orleans and be sure to eat a beignet for me at Cafe du Monde (man they are so good). And KEEP that ship steady mate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode