100 degrees - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
100 degrees

All week long, we here in the southland have been drenched in 90 to 100 degree heat. Fortunately , its been the normal dry heat. Today, I couldnt keep from taking a ride. Its been last Sunday since I have been on two wheels, Its just been too hot. Going up over the canyon this afternoon, it was easily over 100 . I couldnt take sitting in the direct sunlight at stoplights, with my black riding jacket, helmet and gloves, it was brutal. Once on the ocean side, the temps went down at least 25 degrees, and the delta, felt like I was riding into a refrigerator, even at 75 degrees !!!..It felt great !!! It was way to hot to ride any other way , but tamed and mellow . I made it home ok, and was glad to get off the machine. Its suppose to cool off this weekend,,,lets hope so,, this is the heat that we are suppose to get in September and October...Brett Lucca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Well done !!??

Miss the dry heat.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Where do you live where it is so hot?

A long time ago I lived in Chicago and vowed to find a place without snow blowers. Even created a Lotus Spread sheet. I liked the climate in San Diego but not the taxes, congestion, or traffic. Settled on a remote resort area in the North Georgia Mountains.

Not very cosmopolitan. Two hours from Atlanta but never go there. Lots to do but I don't do much of it. But can not avoid the congenial weather or endless mountain roads. If you are a two wheeler guy you may have heard "Tail of the dragon". Thats near by.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode