Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Driver's Lounge (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/)
-   -   Hey Andrew... (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/3119-hey-andrew.html)

360 Spyder 11-20-2004 12:58 AM

Hey Andrew...
 
Thank you for cleaning up the cancer causing agents! :wink:

Stradale 11-20-2004 02:04 AM

Re: Hey Andrew...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
Thank you for cleaning up the cancer causing agents! :wink:

What's that all about? :o

DJ 11-20-2004 02:23 AM

There some serious attack of sigarette ads on the board this morning. Even as being a smoker, I dislike the way some use chat boards for putting their ads on.
Jurgen

360 Spyder 11-20-2004 07:17 AM

Yeah. Someone had registered and posted 3 "come buy my smokes" threads at like 4 in the morning (My time - EST U.S.). Very shortly after...poof...they were gone and I noticed he (Andrew) was online.

I too find it irritating to see unsolicited ads on forums. Sponsers are one thing, but tag-a-longs...they are just annoying.

So, again...keep up the good work Andrew! It is really appreciated!

Andrew 11-20-2004 01:00 PM

No problem that is what I'm here for...and I was wondering what you were doing up so late!

360 Spyder 11-20-2004 01:05 PM

Well...I had just gotten home from a D.W.I. Checkpoint which I was helping at (100+ arrests!!). I needed to wind down a bit, so I surfed the net. Starting point...www.ferrariforum.net :green:

4kids3fish 11-22-2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
Well...I had just gotten home from a D.W.I. Checkpoint which I was helping at (100+ arrests!!).

DWI?

Driving White Impreza?
Glad to see you got 100 of 'em off the road :up:

Driving While Incontinent?
Phheeeuuuuuwwwwww! That's a smelly job Rob but someone's gotta do it (thanks pal)

Discharging While Inelevator?
Hang 'em high, I say!

:green:

360 Spyder 11-22-2004 07:13 PM

Drinking While Impaled...
Dude...they make a huge mess when their drink flows right back out.

Dancing When Incoherent...
Not a pretty sight when they don't know which way is up.

Dating Wild Iguanas...
Ewww...the mental image...


Actually...the check point was quite fun and helped me to see yet another job of Law Enforcement. Being as how I will soon graduate with a degree in Criminal Justice...I figured I'd better start figuring out what I want to be when I "grow up". :wink:

(And...for those who may really not know...D.W.I. stands for Driving While Intoxicated over here in the states.)

Boxer 11-23-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
Yeah. Someone had registered and posted 3 "come buy my smokes" threads at like 4 in the morning (My time - EST U.S.). Very shortly after...poof...they were gone and I noticed he (Andrew) was online.

I too find it irritating to see unsolicited ads on forums. Sponsers are one thing, but tag-a-longs...they are just annoying.

So, again...keep up the good work Andrew! It is really appreciated!

I agree, these ads are very irritating. Unfortunately the person is back and just posted 3 more ads. :evil:

Dr. Bob 11-24-2004 01:51 AM

Andrew, can't we give that guy a IP-ban?

Dj Dirk 11-24-2004 07:12 AM

only if he is on a static ip, and well, most ISP's don't use that for their residential costumers

360 Spyder 11-24-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer42
I agree, these ads are very irritating. Unfortunately the person is back and just posted 3 more ads. :evil:

I must have missed his reappearance. Some people never give up do they?

Dr. Bob 11-24-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
I must have missed his reappearance. Some people never give up do they?

This time I deleted them. It is nice to have moderators around the world so usually somebody is online to remove that crap...

Dj Dirk 11-24-2004 09:22 AM

That's the 3th time then, because i deleted 4 threads of that guy a few days ago

javaman 11-24-2004 03:17 PM

Unsolicited ads are so annoying. That's one of the main reasons there is registered posting, just think about how much spam there would be from ad-crawlers if he allowed guest posting.

Andrew 11-24-2004 07:13 PM

Sadly this was probably a robot and not a human. Some lame a*hole programmed something to post on phpBB forums. Get a life!

Basosz 11-25-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javaman
Unsolicited ads are so annoying.

So... what's a solicited ad ?? Do I have to announce that I'm going to advertise?? How does it work?

javaman 11-25-2004 07:22 PM

I believe, and I may be wrong on this, but a solicited ad is something that you sign up for, like a newsletter for a specific company that offers you deals and promotions that you actually want to read about.

Andrew 11-26-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javaman
I believe, and I may be wrong on this, but a solicited ad is something that you sign up for, like a newsletter for a specific company that offers you deals and promotions that you actually want to read about.

It is not even worth trying to reason with the above poster, just ignore them. :wink:

Dj Dirk 11-26-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
Quote:

Originally Posted by javaman
I believe, and I may be wrong on this, but a solicited ad is something that you sign up for, like a newsletter for a specific company that offers you deals and promotions that you actually want to read about.

It is not even worth trying to reason with the above poster, just ignore them. :wink:

them, that means plural, that means the 2 above post, so that means ingoring you also :lol: :wink: :green:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale