Hi ferrari owners..If you dont mind me asking... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-17-2004, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Hi ferrari owners..If you dont mind me asking...

Hi, I'm a car enthusiast. i don't own a ferrari...cuz i cant afford it? ;o
im only 18 and currently driving a black 04 mt 350z eth. coupe which i paid for myself. If you guys dont mind me asking, i really want to know what it takes to own a ferrari? like what occupation do u guys have?
seriously...if ppl see ferrari or any exotic cars ripping by you, ppl will automatically think " oh he/she is from beverly hills or up in palos verdes..."

i'm asking this cuz im currently enrolled in a college and i STILL DIDN'T decided on a major... and just want to know what kind of occupation does ferrari people have?..(*again* if you dont mind me asking :P )

i really want to drive 360 spider or f430 before i turn 30... if thats possible...but not by winning a super lotto lol...

eheh. please respond me if you dont mind sharing your occupation or anything that can help me to get a ferrari in the future or something! motivate me plz! w00t!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
There isn't a secret formula, major or path to owning a Ferrari. It is real easy: hard work in everything you do.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
If there's a magic formula, then all of us here would be owning a Ferrari.

Hard work my man. That's the secret. Pass your exams with flying colours first because that's the way to a good paying job. After that it's all up to you.

post #4 of 14 Old 11-18-2004, 03:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
I do not own own yet either but as has been said...hard work.

However, no offense meant by this but, for the price of that 350Z, you probably could have gotten a good 308.

Good luck in your pursuit! I graduate in 1 year. :P

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #5 of 14 Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
Study hard at what you enjoy. It's much easier to put in long hours at the office if it's not really work! Save your money and put a good amount toward retirement early and consistently. Then when you do have disposable cash start thinking about the Ferrari. I think a Ferrari should be a reward not a goal.

I love Ferraris dearly but they're not the most important thing in life. Of course when I was your age that was not the case...

Oh, and I don't own one ether.

There have been other threads on this question. Do a search and read some of them as well. Good luck and welcome to the board!!!!
post #6 of 14 Old 11-24-2004, 08:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 16
Don't choose a proffession based on the income. You will be able to get what ever you want doing what you love. I have been at it for 20 years and it wasn't untill last year that I got a Ferrari. The funny thing is I didn't want one untill then. I was having too much fun working...

Work hard- your rewards will come.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-24-2004, 09:10 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
you say your currnelty at colledge, what do you most enjoy, your hobbys and what would you like to do for a living,

if you really want a ferrari you will get one. If you love them so much and you need one why not get a job working with them. My love for supercars and going stupidly fast got me into the trade and now im driving a different car every month or so. I left school not knwoing what to do and then started working at a car salesroom for Lotus, which lead me to were i am now which is owning my own business and a car collection which contains serveral ferrari's.

Try your hardest son,
good luck
post #8 of 14 Old 11-24-2004, 09:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
uksportscars,

Don't forget to advertise those cars here on the board! It's free you know and then I get to look at them! :wink:
post #9 of 14 Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Hard work doing something you enjoy.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umorus
Don't choose a proffession based on the income. You will be able to get what ever you want doing what you love. I have been at it for 20 years and it wasn't untill last year that I got a Ferrari. The funny thing is I didn't want one untill then. I was having too much fun working...

Work hard- your rewards will come.
Wise words indeed! :up:

Please DON'T just go for the highest-paid option after college - you will end up hating your work & life in general. Pick what you are good at & like - the real key to wealth (if that's what you want) is being your own boss. You can make a small fortune with a pastry business, graphic-arts business, tyre business, rocket-launching business, butchery business, crocodile-hunting business, etc, etc. You don't have to wear a stuffed suit in the city working on boring law matters!! AND you can have a life at the same time! Just keep one eye open for opportunities & you'll get there before you know it.
post #11 of 14 Old 11-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
So... just to sum it up:

- Study hard
- Work hard
- Don't go for the easy money

And just a little addition of my own: Don't buy a ferrari
post #12 of 14 Old 12-03-2004, 07:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Reward

I did the College path and now am a Sr. Product Development Engineer. After a visit with my high school buds that did no go to college, all paths are different. They have companies that gross 1+ Mill. And I am working for the man. All paths are unique. All of my Ferrari experiences are with a concrete foundation guy. He was a labor guy putting home foundations in and started his own company. Now he has a 05 SL55 AMG Merc, 02 360 and a new 04 360 Spider at a total garage value of $233K. Low education, tons of labor and a garage with $550K worth of cars...................
post #13 of 14 Old 12-04-2004, 08:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
Re: Reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas777
I did the College path and now am a Sr. Product Development Engineer. After a visit with my high school buds that did no go to college, all paths are different. They have companies that gross 1+ Mill. And I am working for the man. All paths are unique. All of my Ferrari experiences are with a concrete foundation guy. He was a labor guy putting home foundations in and started his own company. Now he has a 05 SL55 AMG Merc, 02 360 and a new 04 360 Spider at a total garage value of $233K. Low education, tons of labor and a garage with $550K worth of cars...................
I think the bottom line, is passion, hard work (and a long period of it), sacrifice (I'm sure that people who owns Ferraris are mainly business entrepreneurs who watch every penny until they grew to a big benchmark), and being smart (but this, I mean street smarts).

Being a junior at a four-year school, I often wonder if I am going to use my education. I want to start my own business (I am a hotel and restaurant management major). I learn now, that I will use it. But, I am glad I went to college because I am a much better person for it. I've learn to work hard (college does a decent job in kicking your butt), how to deal with a diveristy of people socially and academically, and I do learn things I never known. I think a college education is an outstanding resource (and no one should not go due to finances- go to even 2-year colleges should go). But if your going just to get the actual degree so you have it, I do think the money can be wasted.
post #14 of 14 Old 12-11-2004, 12:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 102
I think the idea is to work really hard and set goals for yourself.

Theres no point in having a high paying job, just so you can afford a Ferrar - there are plenty more important things in life. Get secure financially, dont borrow the money to own it. I can assure you that if you are happy, everything will seem less of an effort - especially if the reward is one of Maranello's Finest.

Yes, you need money to own a Ferrari, but no, you dont need to own a Ferrari at age 25.

Just be happy with whatever you do.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode