Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Driver's Lounge (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/)
-   -   Unbelievable Price..... (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/30945-unbelievable-price.html)

Chrishawk4 04-26-2014 02:23 PM

Unbelievable Price.....

This seems obnoxiously priced high...

Fusion Luxury Motors
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Italian Lover 04-27-2014 12:35 AM

Chris, signs of where we are now. I do not think our feet are on the ground anymore.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Jerry Lehrer 04-27-2014 05:20 PM

I have not seen the asking price for this car. Have you?

If so, can/will you let me know what it is?

Jerry Lehrer

Jerry Lehrer 04-27-2014 07:05 PM

I found out the price.

Our feet may not be on the ground, as Dr. Chiba stated, but I surely know where the sellers head is!

Proctologists need not apply.

Jerry

champagne612 04-27-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 407841)
Chris, signs of where we are now. I do not think our feet are on the ground anymore.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

It's the new norm.

Collectors want what they want.

288 F40 F50 Enzo all in red is desirable line up.

Chrishawk4 04-27-2014 08:44 PM

I was just shocked because the last one I saw for sale was $1,600,000.

JazzyO 04-27-2014 11:28 PM

For future reference, when this ad is no longer active, the asking price is US$3 million for a 2003 Enzo with 000354 miles on the clock.

To my fellow F-lifers: please paste the text of the ad when you're posting one. Also please place the car type in the thread title. When people are doing research for buying, we often run into links that are dead and past price information is very important for future buyers.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Bluebottle 04-28-2014 01:13 AM

I assume this car will never be driven.

The first owner clearly bought it purely as an investment vehicle and I imagine that the next one will, too. It has become the automotive equivalent of a shark in a tank of salt water, or an unmade bed: priced far beyond its true value by so-called "connoisseurs", that price will go up and up each time it changes hands until someone points out that the emperor's new clothes are non-existent - though that day may never arise, because the chap caught holding the parcel when the music stops will be too embarrassed to be seen to have made a faux pas by selling it for less then he paid.

Personally, I don't give a toss for the idiocy that pervades the world of "art" - if people want to overpay each other for bits of rubbish, that's their affair - but this is a sad fate for a fine motor car, which does upset me, because what happens at the top, tends to filter down, so too many wonderful cars are priced beyond the reach of those who want to drive them and cars, unlike works of art, were built to be driven.

Italian Lover 04-28-2014 03:54 AM

John, I share your stance and viewpoint. As a tide rises, it affects what floats.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

champagne612 04-28-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebottle (Post 408417)
I assume this car will never be driven.

The first owner clearly bought it purely as an investment vehicle and I imagine that the next one will, too. It has become the automotive equivalent of a shark in a tank of salt water, or an unmade bed: priced far beyond its true value by so-called "connoisseurs", that price will go up and up each time it changes hands until someone points out that the emperor's new clothes are non-existent - though that day may never arise, because the chap caught holding the parcel when the music stops will be too embarrassed to be seen to have made a faux pas by selling it for less then he paid.

Personally, I don't give a toss for the idiocy that pervades the world of "art" - if people want to overpay each other for bits of rubbish, that's their affair - but this is a sad fate for a fine motor car, which does upset me, because what happens at the top, tends to filter down, so too many wonderful cars are priced beyond the reach of those who want to drive them and cars, unlike works of art, were built to be driven.

Slippery slope - most Ferrari owners won't take out their Ferrari when it rains etc.

I organize Ferrari runs and other events for our local club - if the drive is over 20 miles owners won't attend.

It's their cars / money to do as they choose - if they lose it they lose it and if they double it good for them.

Let's face it in many peoples eyes - a Ferrari of any make or model is offensive but we choose to ignore those people as does the 3M Enzo owner ... but on this forum all the above should not be judged.

JazzyO 04-28-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 408561)
Slippery slope - most Ferrari owners won't take out their Ferrari when it rains etc.

In Europe, that is definitely not the case.

On a normal drive by the Ferrari Club Netherlands (the official affiliated Ferrari club), you should expect to cover at least 120 miles. They are usually oversubscribed with 100+ cars. I cannot remember the time when an advert in Europe said "never taken out in the rain". It just isn't something people worry about over here. And why should they? They're not made of sugar.

I agree with you that a car is the owner's property and that they should do with it as they like. But that doesn't mean that people cannot be judged. It is our right to disagree with the way that people treat their cars, just as it is their right to disagree with our point of view. Just as long as we remain respectful, of course, we can state that we would do things differently.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

intrepid 04-28-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 408441)
John, I share your stance and viewpoint. As a tide rises, it affects what floats. w/ smiles - Jimmy

'There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted...............'

Die rechnung, bitte.

......and there is always a reckoning.

Italian Lover 04-28-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrepid (Post 408609)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted...............'

Die rechnung, bitte.

......and there is always a reckoning.

:worth:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

riviera 04-28-2014 01:42 PM

I drove my Maranello in the last two weekends combined for approx 1,000 miles . If someone decides to keep his Ferrari stored , while I would never do it , I respect it. It is another form of motoring (albeit a static one) where the pleasure is in owning, discussing , researching but at the end of the day not driving the prized possession.

champagne612 04-28-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyO (Post 408601)
In Europe, that is definitely not the case.

On a normal drive by the Ferrari Club Netherlands (the official affiliated Ferrari club), you should expect to cover at least 120 miles. They are usually oversubscribed with 100+ cars. I cannot remember the time when an advert in Europe said "never taken out in the rain". It just isn't something people worry about over here. And why should they? They're not made of sugar.

I agree with you that a car is the owner's property and that they should do with it as they like. But that doesn't mean that people cannot be judged. It is our right to disagree with the way that people treat their cars, just as it is their right to disagree with our point of view. Just as long as we remain respectful, of course, we can state that we would do things differently.

Onno

According to US dealers Ferrari's are sugar coated.

They won't touch a 10 yr old or newer Ferrari with 10k miles - I don't think it matters if it's a Ferrari Mclaren etc.

Maybe the dealers over there will but there are way too many low mile examples that people prefer over high miles at any price difference and g-d forbid it was tracked or had a re -spray of the front bumper.

120 miles on a drive we have had a few in that range - lucky to get 10 cars attend out of 60 FCA members.

lucca brazzi 04-28-2014 06:32 PM

enzo

boy do I love that car !!!!

JazzyO 04-29-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 409225)
According to US dealers Ferrari's are sugar coated.

That is only one half of the story. The other half is the owners who believe the same. If you buy a car to DRIVE it, you factor in depreciation and make the decision on that basis. Just enjoy it, is what I say. But in the US, more than in Europe, people don't buy a Ferrari to drive it. The enjoyment comes from showing it to other people, not from what the object is by and of itself.

Like I said before, people are entitled to do what they want. But stop blaming it on dealers, the market, reliability of Ferraris in the rain, whatever. It is YOU who is making that choice. Pure and simple. Because - nobody forced you to buy the Ferrari, and nobody forces you to sell. If you never sell, who cares about the mileage? Stop being a slave to convention. Make your own decisions.

Onno

champagne612 04-29-2014 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyO (Post 409569)
That is only one half of the story. The other half is the owners who believe the same. If you buy a car to DRIVE it, you factor in depreciation and make the decision on that basis. Just enjoy it, is what I say. But in the US, more than in Europe, people don't buy a Ferrari to drive it. The enjoyment comes from showing it to other people, not from what the object is by and of itself.

Like I said before, people are entitled to do what they want. But stop blaming it on dealers, the market, reliability of Ferraris in the rain, whatever. It is YOU who is making that choice. Pure and simple. Because - nobody forced you to buy the Ferrari, and nobody forces you to sell. If you never sell, who cares about the mileage? Stop being a slave to convention. Make your own decisions.

Onno

A picture says a 1000 words.

JazzyO 04-29-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champagne612 (Post 410137)
A picture says a 1000 words.

Beautiful.

Onno

Chrishawk4 04-30-2014 04:52 PM

If I owned a Ferrari I would drive it as much as possible:yikes: I have put 27,000 on my Miata in the past 12 months and we had the worst winter on record with the most snowfall this year:thumbsup:

Italian Lover 04-30-2014 05:06 PM

Chris, you are practically on the road most of the time !?! :steering wheel:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Chrishawk4 04-30-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 410993)
Chris, you are practically on the road most of the time !?! :steering wheel:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Yep...all I do is drive ;-) Then I create tape.....so then I can buy the stuff to fill my car to then drive :grin:

Italian Lover 04-30-2014 05:13 PM

:thumbsup:

Tape ?

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Chrishawk4 04-30-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 411009)
:thumbsup:

Tape ?

w/ smiles
Jimmy

I am an R&D chemist at a very large tape manufacture. I formulate adhesives :thumbsup:

No idea which one ;-)

http://www.johnstonpaper.com/images/...924097e773.jpg

Italian Lover 04-30-2014 05:20 PM

Got it. :thumbsup:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Chrishawk4 04-30-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 411025)
Got it. :thumbsup:

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Now if only a Ferrari were a part of the benefits package...:thumbsup:

Scott K 05-01-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 (Post 410977)
If I owned a Ferrari I would drive it as much as possible

I wholeheartedly agree! No one ever went to their grave regretting that they put too many miles on their Ferrari. At least the Dealer's website had some nice pics. I doubt you can take a bad picture of that car.