Well... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Well...

It looks as if Tweedle Dumb will have four more years to ruin our country even more.

And you thought other countries hated us before? Just you wait and see. Now he has four more years to take us further into the hell hole and nothing to lose.

Ladies...kiss any of your rights good-bye!

Homo-sexuals...you all may as well leave the counrty since Bush and his clan hate you all anyway.

"Middle Class" folks...get aquainted with the un-employment line...you'll be there soon.

Poor folks...prepare to get even poorer.

Rich folks...well...you already know you will just get richer so you have nothing to worry about.

I fear for this country.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
Middle Class? What's that?

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4044&n=1

Right there with you my brother...
post #3 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 10:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
i can't believe that he won again???
there must be something seriously wrong with either the voters or with the people that did the counting

post #4 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 10:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
VOTE BUSH FOR THE FINAL PUSH !!!

into the abbyss that is...

I've spent a night awake for this result ?? OK... it was a nice party () but the result was somewhat dissapointing.

What I really can't figure out is how about 51% of the Americans are too blatantly stupid/blinded/misguided to see Bush's mistakes when just about everybody else in this world is obviously of clearer minds and thinks that Kerry is better for the US and their connections to the world.

Which is also a thing that baffles me... The US think they are the Police of the world... but under Bush they also secluded themselves. Pretty stupid... but then... the whole Bush-administration is pretty stupid

(awaiting negative feedback from pro-bush americans)
post #5 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM

One third of all voters polled described themselves as "evangelical" Christians. Bush got their vote out more so than Kerry got the young vote out. One out of three said they were voting on moral issues. :roll:

Very good article here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/03/opinion/03kris.html

I'm sure Enzo_Ferrari and Bart will be ready to have babies together now that it's safe for them.
post #6 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
It appears to have become very much a "urban=Democrat" vs "suburban+rural=Republican" split across most of the country. Bush has gained the support of the vast majority of those who vote on "moral" issues, and running the "ban-gay-marriage" referendums in those mid-west states would have helped mobilise many more of those voters.

Possibly the main impact of this next Bush term may be the appointments he makes to the Supreme Court. I understand that a number of vacant positions on the Court are likely to come up, and Bush may well want to see the Court become more Conservative. That would probably have a greater long-term impact than anything else GWB does in his 4 years.

Anyway, the main thing is that you all voted!! It was really great to see so many people wanting to have a say in how the country is run. And with a clear vote-majority this time around, it has to be accepted (for better or for worse).
post #7 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 12:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
Nobody's forcing you to stay in America. :roll:
If it's that horrible move to Canada.
post #8 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 02:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
I'm sorry to say this, but the elections in America looked like chaos. I heard some people waited 4 hours to vote. 4 Hours? I'm annoyed if I have to wait for 10 minutes. Not enough machines to leave your vote, a lawyer who had to create extra papers so people could vote, sorry, but that is just plain crazy.

This was an stupid election anyway. I believe america is run with fear, so it is not very weird Bush won. The only problem is that the fear Bush created is bigger than the fear of enormous depts, unemployment, high costs of medicines and let's not forget the imo biggest problem, that america is becoming more and more concerned with itself than with the rest of the world.

Well, we will see. I heard somebody say that we should let bush finish his job. I'm wondering when that job is finished, but that person couldn't tell me that.
post #9 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 03:33 PM

mch, like most Americans I'm going to stay and FIGHT for what I believe in. Besides, Canada gets too cold.

U.S. history is fraught with isolationist tendencies. I don't believe in the Bush doctrine. We'll see how the world and the U.S. is after these next four years. Not something I like to say but the guy I voted for didn't win.

As far as waiting four hours in line, you have to remember how many millions of people were voting. Also there were many things other than the Presidency people where voting on. It was far from chaos.

Now, Iraq in a couple of months... that might be chaos. Then again that's what was speculated about Afganistan and look how that turned out.
post #10 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna21
Now, Iraq in a couple of months... that might be chaos. Then again that's what was speculated about Afganistan and look how that turned out.
That turned out to be chaos during the elections. SUCCES AT LAST !!!

Not
post #11 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
So who's tipped to run next time??

Dem = Hillary? John Edwards?
Repub = Rudi Guilliani? Jeb Bush? Arnie?!?!?

& can Ralph's ego keep him in there too??
post #12 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM

Not to single anyone out but Dr. Bob has said that "america is becoming more and more concerned with itself than with the rest of the world." But Basosz says that "The US think they are the Police of the world." How can something that is ever concerned about itself be trying to help the rest of the world out?? Seems contradictory.
That's the problem. The world sees the US as it is portrayed on their television and other media outlets (newspaper, internet...). Who knows if this is an accurate depiction, because I live in this so-called chaotic country, but I do not ever experience this chaos that the rest of the world believes happens. Am I just stupid or is the rest of the world mistaken, because all I hear is how the US is this and that; and I think, wow that is not very true.
And I'm not stupid. :wink:
post #13 of 28 Old 11-03-2004, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchferrari
And I'm not stupid.
Yes you are. Here's why: you never learned to read very well.

You say the following:
Quote:
Not to single anyone out but Dr. Bob has said that "america is becoming more and more concerned with itself than with the rest of the world." But Basosz says that "The US think they are the Police of the world." How can something that is ever concerned about itself be trying to help the rest of the world out?? Seems contradictory.
But this is wrong. You ripped my line out of context. Because here is what I really said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Which is also a thing that baffles me... The US think they are the Police of the world... but under Bush they also secluded themselves.
Just wanting to dispute a (what I consider) very american way to look at things. Always ripping shit out of context. It's annoying. Don't do that. Read beyond the length of your nose PLEASE.

The point you were trying to make (about the confusion) is already what I wanted to adress.

The US want all kinds of countries (Irak, afghanistan, Korea, Iran, Libya) to disarm and enforce upon themselves a Police kind of mentality... yet they DON'T reinforce old alliances with certain nations. They do far the opposite... they estrange themselves from a lot of countries like here in Europe.

And I know that Americans want to be "independent from the rest of the world" and shit like that... but that's impossible. America is egocentric, selfisch and plain stupid.

I hope that Bush gets impeached like Nixon or something. In any case... he has to be kicked out of the White House cos he is NOT good for the world
post #14 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 02:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Quote:
It isn't. If you had a police officer who did everything in cooperation that shouldn't be a very big problem. If you have a polic officer who says, hey, I'm going to attack iraq, and I don't care what you guys think, then it isn't a police officer.
post #15 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Not to single anyone out but Dr. Bob has said that "america is becoming more and more concerned with itself than with the rest of the world." But Basosz says that "The US think they are the Police of the world." How can something that is ever concerned about itself be trying to help the rest of the world out??
Just a little something I thought of... what do you mean that the US wanted to help the Iraqi's ?? They wanted to insure homeland security by destroying the weapons of mass destruction that weren't there. So it was the US security first... and the liberation of the Iraqi people was a good.... not second... maybe it came tenth on the list or something...
post #16 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 09:49 AM

This is just too dammed funny...

post #17 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 11:19 AM

charles
do you have a bigger version of that?
post #18 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Which is also a thing that baffles me... The US think they are the Police of the world... but under Bush they also secluded themselves. Pretty stupid... but then... the whole Bush-administration is pretty stupid
Oops actually I did overlook this part. So technically I wasn't taking it out of context. I just forgot to read it, which kind of supports your argument. Stupid Americans!!

/grumble
post #19 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 12:18 PM

There are some good articles on the NY Times site today. I always look at the 25 most emailed articles to see what's being shared. I think they give you a good idea about what issues are important to people. Well, the people who read the NY Times.

Here's one I think that parallels Basosz feelings and puts them into a little more coherent text.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/04/opinion/04wills.html

Top 25:
http://www.nytimes.com/gst/pop_top.html

And no I don't have a larger version. Sorry. I got it off of the Drudge Report site. Yes, it's a conservitive site. But he does tend to be more "fair and ballanced" than say, the FOX News network. I haven't cheked the Daily Mirror site. You might find it there.
post #20 of 28 Old 11-04-2004, 12:27 PM

what i also don't get is, what's the big deal about same sex marriage?
who cares about it? if 2 man or 2 women are more happy together, so what?
let them get married and let them live their lives

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode