New Porsche Carrera S.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-01-2004, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
New Porsche Carrera S....

I just saw the new Porsche Carrera S. It was black, and had the Beverly Hills paper plates still on it. HUGE rear wheels and flares to hold them, six piston calipers up front, quad exhaust tips (not sure if I like them, they were the first thing I noticed) and the front actually looks like a 911!!!!!

Ahhh... I wish it were the 80s again..... back when 'super-cars' really were super-cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-01-2004, 08:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
the only thing that looks "new" is that they brought back the real 911 headlights
altough everybody seems to agree, that this one is a real blast to drive.
but porsche also needs to do some better quality check before they leave the factory.
Porsche UK supplied a brand new one to Top Gear TV for Jeremy Clarkson to play with, well, only a few min. in the car and he had the gear lever in his hand DURING filming :lol:
post #3 of 10 Old 11-01-2004, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Ha!

I'll agree with you there. I've never liked the amount of plastic Porsche has used in it's cars. Yes I know plastic is wonderful stuff. You can mold it into any shape and it's VERY light. Something that comes into the top consideration on a sports car. But, for the price you're paying for it they could come up with something better.

The Corvette C5 and C6 has always disappointed me because of this. They were sooo close to truly making a world beater and stopped short with the interior. Just a shame.

As far as it looking like the models before it except the headlights... don't believe a word of it. When you see it you'll know something is different. The changes are subtle but they're there. Especially those 4 exhaust. Unfortunately he didn't jump on it so I couldn't tell you how it sounded. Under normal acceleration I couldn't even hear it with all of the other traffic around.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-01-2004, 06:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
I like the new 997, but the pricing of it easily reaches if not passes that of a Maserati. I saw a 997 C4S (the top of the line one) for like $96,000 MSRP. No way I'm buying a Porsche when I could have an Italian for less. :green:
post #5 of 10 Old 11-02-2004, 01:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
I was at the lavish launch here, just outside of Kuala Lumpur. I like the car. It's back to the basic Porsche design again. I would like to see the Turbo. That would be very nice, even bigger rear flares and wings. Wow!!!!
post #6 of 10 Old 11-02-2004, 09:36 AM

now your talking a Turbo & GT2
now THAT are Porsche's
post #7 of 10 Old 11-02-2004, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I would have mentioned the Turbo WAASAAAAA! But, every time I think about it WAASAAAA!; my head starts spinning around on my neck. I'm doning my best not to...

WAAAASSSAAAAAAA!

think about it.

Crap. Think tiny, cute kittens! Ponies. Little puppies with BIG TWIN TURBOs WAASAAAAA!

Oh.... my head.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-02-2004, 12:56 PM

if you don't wanna think of the Porker Turbo anymore, there's a very easy cure for that

JUST think of an F40
V8 WITH TURBO :lol: , beybey porkertje
post #9 of 10 Old 11-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
The beauty of the Turbo is it's an everyday car. I had the GT3 series-1 and it was not an everyday car. It was just too low and I scraped the ramp everytime I go to a shopping complex. Very stressful. If I were to get a Porsche again, the 997 Turbo would be it.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
But it does not have 12 cylinders, therefore not smooth.

8)

12 cylinders or walk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode