HANNA! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 454
HANNA!

My wife and I finally moved into our house in North Carolina. I've been so pumped to take the car for a spin but this nasty gal' named Tropical Storm Hanna has had a differing opinion. Anybody else out there been "grounded" by the weather?

Forza,

Dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 08:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
My parents got stuck in a storm in the south of France last week, more then 20 people died
luckely they where sitting high and dry in the appartement
post #3 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Dane,
Congrats on the house! Get a job yet you unemployed, Ferrari-drivin' Bum?

We haven't seen any effects from Hanna up here yet. I have been keeping an eye on the weather though because Marni and I are getting married next weekend and the ceremony/reception is outdoors. I have a 40x60 foot tent rented but I would rather it be for shade from the sun, not protection from the rain. Looks like a 50-50 chance right now. If you don't mind, would you please keep Hanna down at your house until after this weekend?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Dirk,

I'm pleased to know you your folks are OK. It's seems to be that time of year for nasty weather.

Pete,

Hey man, thanks for the words about the house! It's so darn nice to finally be in it. I'm 99.9 percent sure that I'll have a job offer by the end of the week. I flew to Chicago for an interview with Abbott; the group started at 6, was cut down to two and unfortunately, I didn't get the job. The guy that did get it was born and raised locally and had two years of direct experience. I was happy I made the final cut for the trip to Chi-town. However, the next day I was flown to Green Bay for four hours of interviews (not fun) for a position as a Service Team Leader (close description is "Fleet Manager") with Schneider Specialized Carriers, a subsidiary of Schneider National (www.schneider.com). I received a call the next day saying they were happy with me. Tomorrow, I visit my potential and future operations center and co-workers. Following this, I should get an offer. The dress is "business casual" but after haven spoken with the "boss" on-site,, nice Levi's will do. It'll be a great opportunity and one I look forward to pursuing. Keep you fingers crossed for me, huh??

Enough of this, I bet you're looking forward to your wedding! I still want to know if you two are driving off in the Ferrari?!?!? 8) Congratulations.

Also, I bought a Jeep Liberty (got rid of the BMW). This probably doesn't gain me much credibility on the 4x4 front but I thought I'd let you know. It's red and I did put a small scudetto on the back of it to show support for the Scuderia.

Forza,

Dane
post #5 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:12 AM

Dane

what's a Jeep Liberty???
i don't think that we have that over here.
but trading in a BMW for a Jeep?? :-?
post #6 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Dirk,

I think you'll find one by taking a look at www.jeep.com. It's Jeep's newest line of smaller SUV's. I know, call me crazy, the BMW for a Jeep but it really is a nice little rig. The BMW was nice but I was not pleased at all with the treatment I received from BMW USA.

Forza,

Dane
post #7 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:28 AM

Hmm, i think i've seen one around here, i thought it was the new Wrangler
post #8 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Dirk,

It could be. The same car may get a different brand name in different countries. D
post #9 of 9 Old 09-16-2002, 09:35 AM

well i'm not really sure, i saw it once when it passed me from the other direction, so i couldn't read the back