Syncing music in 2 cars... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-25-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Syncing music in 2 cars...

I'm planning a long trip through Europe in 2 cars, during which time drivers will remain in contact via walkie talkies, remain on track via sat nav with identical route plans, but we would like to be able to drive with the same soundtrack in both cars.

So my technical knowledge is sadly lacking. Can anyone suggest a way that it would be possible to have the same music playing simultaineously in both cars so that we can all sing along together . Typically there should never be more than a few hundred yards between both cars.

So far all I've come up with is to buy 2 of each CD and press play at the same time! I'm pretty sure there must be a better solution???

(for the sake of argument, lets say the 2 cars happen to be a 360 Modena and a 612 Scag, both with standard radio head units and CD stackers)

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-25-2014, 02:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 136
I do believe that one of the cars would have a transmitter to play the music to both car's receivers. But then again, I haven't used my ham license knowledge since the last century.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
We toy'd with the idea for a larger drive and found satellite radio to be the easiest option and just coordinate timing & channel. I'm not sure if custom playlists can be setup or stream content from a mobile phone via Pandora (or like service). Mobile data plans broke that idea.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode