Brazilian Butt Lift...your thoughts? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 03-15-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 39
Brazilian Butt Lift...your thoughts?

Over the past couple weeks my fiance has been beating me up about getting a Brazilian butt lift procedure for her prior to our marriage. The pics she has shown me are very nice and the reviews seem legit, but I don't know, I don't want her to look abnormal. Then again the pics are very MOTIVATING.

So has any of your wives/girlfriends has this procedure and if so what are your thoughts?

OIF 1, OEF 3, and OIF 8 veteran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 03-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,152
Admittedly, I had to google that one. The pics certainly look good, but it also looks pretty uncomfortable recovering... How does the patient sit for like two weeks afterwards, etc?

Most reviews seem to focus on 6-8 weeks afterwards for after pics... One can do a lot in the gym in 8 weeks. I guess I just worry that any surgery has risks and for me elective stuff like this might be tough to justify. Just my $.02.
post #3 of 43 Old 03-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Start with the same named workout. There must be someting about the marketing which is constant in our market because it's now 'in the mail'. She doesn't need it but I'm so not going there . . . certainly advise against anything other than some sweat and muscle as Bret mentions.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe

post #4 of 43 Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
This is a joke, right?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
This is a joke, right?
Oh Terry, not the world of Dinosaurs like us anymore.....

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #6 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
Quote:
This is a joke, right?
It's no joke Taz, it's growing it popularity.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Quote:
This is a joke, right?
Wish it was. Apparently all a business needs to do is post before and after photos and whammo, you've got a new exercise craze. Seems P90X is out of popularity but IMO it's still the best program money can buy, if you have the time for it.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #8 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretm View Post
Admittedly, I had to google that one. The pics certainly look good, but it also looks pretty uncomfortable recovering... How does the patient sit for like two weeks afterwards, etc?

Most reviews seem to focus on 6-8 weeks afterwards for after pics... One can do a lot in the gym in 8 weeks. I guess I just worry that any surgery has risks and for me elective stuff like this might be tough to justify. Just my $.02.
I'm totally with you on this. I hate to think of the risks medically, but there's also the risk of a botched job which will inevitably result in a distorted appearance. I have suggested changing her workout program, but it just goes in one ear and out the other, which I find funny since I'm a certified ISSA personal trainer and also a Crossfit certified instructor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNart View Post
Start with the same named workout. There must be someting about the marketing which is constant in our market because it's now 'in the mail'. She doesn't need it but I'm so not going there . . . certainly advise against anything other than some sweat and muscle as Bret mentions.
Agreed

Quote:
This is a joke, right?
I wish it was, but sadly it isn't. She's really pushing hard on this.

post #9 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,320
To me, one of the most tragic things in life is the inability to age gracefully.
Witness all the celebrities obsessively chasing youth,
only to end up looking like monsters.

But to each his own....

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #10 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
To me, one of the most tragic things in life is the inability to age gracefully.

But to each his own....
Another thing is that she is young, vibrant, and beautiful; however she wants to do such drastic changes to her appearance. I'm not entirely sure what has brought this idea on . She is already making arrangements and scheduling appointments to meet with a doctor in Miami

post #11 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Good luck.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #12 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:

But to each his own....

My thoughts exactly.

Many doctors in the family.

Doctors as a rule never get elective surgery. The reason ain't rocket science.

I saw Mikey Rourke in his early days in a movie the other day. Good lookin guy. Now he's a side show freak.
Very long list of Hollywood types that went to expensive surgeons that now look like circus performers.
post #13 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFssft1911 View Post
Over the past couple weeks my fiance has been beating me up about getting a Brazilian butt lift procedure for her prior to our marriage. The pics she has shown me are very nice and the reviews seem legit, but I don't know, I don't want her to look abnormal. Then again the pics are very MOTIVATING.

So has any of your wives/girlfriends has this procedure and if so what are your thoughts?
Try asking your spouse to do something called "squats" at the gym.

That really works, but will take time. One of my friends, always squatting at the gym and gets remarks everywhere LOL. She hasn't been recently and you can tell.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #14 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
My wife goes to the gym six days a week...Good for the heart, soul and butt! Nuff said!
post #15 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Quote:
To me, one of the most tragic things in life is the inability to age gracefully. Witness all the celebrities obsessively chasing youth,
Hear, hear (although there is something to be said for growing old DISgracefully, too!).

We should all take what we are lucky enough to have and be happy with it. If we try to improve it, we probably won't. And it will be an unpleasant experience trying. I would only submit to cosmetic surgery if I had a major defect, or a nasty accident, and even then reluctantly.

It's bad enough to have to have surgery when you have no choice, but to have someone cut you about just to try to improve on what is already quite serviceable . . . that's plain stupid IMO.

Tell her to believe in herself (presumably you already do).

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport

Last edited by Bluebottle; 03-17-2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling
post #16 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
Perhaps you would like to post a few photos of her posterior (we'll need several shots, from various angles ) and we'll all give you our opinions

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #17 of 43 Old 03-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ FluentInFerrari View Post
My wife goes to the gym six days a week...Good for the heart, soul and butt! Nuff said!
Wise words David,

An individual corporal irregularity may have a certain legitimacy to improve on surgically. BUT(t), be very careful when it comes to trends! Butt surgery started in Argentina and has spread almost like the Brazilian wax deforestation trend. "A Brazilian" is an innocent job but a butt job is a whole new level of intervention.

Is it really not possible to shape that butt with hard work in the gym? If not, has she tried for real? Self esteem demands personal effort. Surgery won't make it happen even if the visual result may fake a good gym effort.

Jumping on the butt surgery trend is mainstream. Do you want to be mainstream? For 2015 I believe Corvette will have an optional passenger seat optimised for silicon butts. Corvette is mainstream so it makes sense for them to cater for mainstream trends. If your fiancÚ follows through, you might want to trade your Ferrari in for a nice Corvette with a great plastic interior to match that plastic butt?

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #18 of 43 Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

All very good points guys, thank you for your input. At the very least your responses give me some ammunition and hopefully I can talk her out of having the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
Perhaps you would like to post a few photos of her posterior (we'll need several shots, from various angles ) and we'll all give you our opinions
Getting several shots from various angles might be a little difficult lol I don't want to raise any suspicions, so this one will have to do.
Attached Images

post #19 of 43 Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Never heard of this before but I do know that the Brazilians are world class when it comes to butts. Hope that helps.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #20 of 43 Old 03-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
looks like she already got the front done?

This could help with the decision:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFssft1911 View Post
All very good points guys, thank you for your input. At the very least your responses give me some ammunition and hopefully I can talk her out of having the procedure.

Getting several shots from various angles might be a little difficult lol I don't want to raise any suspicions, so this one will have to do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode