tragedy in Russia - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
tragedy in Russia

I think the recent events in Russia are horiffying (sp?). It makes me sick and I think the world really needs to come together on this. Some of the terrorist were foreigners (ie not Cheniyan...sp? again). I believe terrorist threaten the worlds peace more than anything at the moment. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 11:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
What do you want to do about it? You can never win a war against terrorism. If you start a war, you will get more terrorism. You can never satisfy everybody, and if the people who are not satisfied are radicals, you will get terrorism, and you can't stop that.
So no, I have no idea what we can do about it.
post #3 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 01:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
This is one of those conflicts that has been handed down from generation to generation. And apparently not all of the rebels/terrorist knew that children were to be hostages.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...an_2&printer=1

As far as outsiders being part of the group they could be sympathetic to the cause or they simply could be mercenaries. The Russians have ruled with an Iron fist in this area of the world and there are a lot of people who have lost everything but their own lives. Now they donít see the point in saving it either if they can take a Russian life with it.

I agree itís a very sad day for the world and for Russia. Russia faces the same situation as the US does in the Middle East. It needs to change the way it deals with those who want them out. ďSpeak softly and carry a big stick.Ē To me that means speak with respect, intelligence, truth and use force only when necessary. Others will know you have the means to do harm but will be more likely to resolve issues peacefully if they know you can be relied upon to do so if given the chance. How you go about changing the current state of policy without appearing to have conceded to the violence is another matter

post #4 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Yeah its such a difficult situation for the both Russians AND the ordinary Chechen citizens.

I'm not up on many details of the conflict but I do recall that just a few years ago (1998?) the Russians actually agreed to a form of autonomy for the region and pulled out. Unfortunately the warlords calling the shots there didn't play ball, and instead started launching strikes against several neighbouring states. So the Russians under Putin went back in again & they aren't exactly known for their subtleness .

I think the Chechens have a fairly moderate political leader but he has lost influence to the guerilla commanders. They seem to want a region-wide conflict across the Caucases and I guess committing atrocities against neighbouring peoples is a proven way of getting one started. I can only guess that they see wider conflict as a good vehicle to recruiting new young followers. How can this possibly help their own people? What a depressing mess.
post #5 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Kill them all.

12 cylinders or walk
post #6 of 27 Old 09-07-2004, 10:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
Kill them all.
Damn right you are!!! But only those who are capable of thinking about killing other people...

...otherwise we are lowering ourselves to the same sad level and they are not worth it!
post #7 of 27 Old 09-08-2004, 08:46 AM

Ahhh... Bart. The voice of reason and moderation. Oh, wait. He drives a 550. There's no reason or moderation in that.
post #8 of 27 Old 09-09-2004, 07:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
I hate to that there messing with Russia. But this world is going for America and they will try anything to get us to react. The world is getting more and more into evil ways and that means its almost over. Some of you may not belive it but this world is going to end and it is getting closer by what is going on with war and people's lives. Homosexuality is geting really bad in America. I have nothing against the people that do that stuff but it is just plan wrong and sick. But I know what is going to happen to this world and it will not be very pretty unless you know God. You don't just have to know him but have a relation ship with Him even thow you have never seen him. I do and my life works with me. I believe in the end but I know what will happen to me. I just worry about all the people who don't beleive in the truth.
post #9 of 27 Old 09-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
I have nothing against the people that do that stuff but it is just plan wrong and sick.
Now that's a quote for the books!! :green: :green: :green:

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #10 of 27 Old 09-09-2004, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
I hate to that there messing with Russia. But this world is going for America and they will try anything to get us to react. The world is getting more and more into evil ways and that means its almost over. Some of you may not belive it but this world is going to end and it is getting closer by what is going on with war and people's lives. Homosexuality is geting really bad in America. I have nothing against the people that do that stuff but it is just plan wrong and sick. But I know what is going to happen to this world and it will not be very pretty unless you know God. You don't just have to know him but have a relation ship with Him even thow you have never seen him. I do and my life works with me. I believe in the end but I know what will happen to me. I just worry about all the people who don't beleive in the truth.
LOL
Don't worry about me! :wink:

...I only believe in myself. Because I believe you only live once and you got to be honest to yourself. No lies and helping other people to make sure you can face yourself in your last days... ...after that it's just the end! No reincarnation, no heaven, nothing but worms and sand. 8)

:lol: And I don't think we are facing the end also... ...we are only going back to our roots, just take a look at our historybooks! I see nothing but killing and so... ...esp. when you look all at the religions ( :nuts: ) ...it is, and will always be a fight for the strong to survive, it's nature's rule...
post #11 of 27 Old 09-10-2004, 04:31 AM

Sure, having a relationship with god makes you a good person and everything will be allright...
Homosexuality is getting worse and worse because this world is getting too small for the amount of people it has. Homosexuality is very normal in nature in groups which are too big. Homosexuality is not a sickness or anything like that. It is a thing that is common in nature. If that is against the will of god, why did he create nature that way?
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I read a part of the bible, and god promised us once that he would not try to destroy mankind again. Don't ask me what chapter etc, but I'm quite sure I read it. So I do not believe that this world is going to end for us. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good, because mother earth would be a lot happier without us I think... Mankind is a plague to earth, and there seems no way to stop it.
And this world is all into evil ways and therefore it is almost over? Do you remember the times in which almost every country had it's own colony? Those weren't good times my man, and also the times with knights and castles, those days were very bloody too.
I listen to a lot of people from different religions and from that I create my own religion. Look further than one source the get your information from, or otherwise you will never see the whole picture or hear the whole story. So no, I do not believe in god as he is pictured often. I believe in something, although I'm not sure what it is. But I won't start a relationship with him because otherwise I will get a nasty and. That is blackmailing, and I don't believe the thing that created us did not want to blackmail us.
post #12 of 27 Old 09-10-2004, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bob
Sure, having a relationship with god makes you a good person and everything will be allright...
Homosexuality is getting worse and worse because this world is getting too small for the amount of people it has. Homosexuality is very normal in nature in groups which are too big. Homosexuality is not a sickness or anything like that. It is a thing that is common in nature. If that is against the will of god, why did he create nature that way?
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I read a part of the bible, and god promised us once that he would not try to destroy mankind again. Don't ask me what chapter etc, but I'm quite sure I read it. So I do not believe that this world is going to end for us. I'm not saying it wouldn't be good, because mother earth would be a lot happier without us I think... Mankind is a plague to earth, and there seems no way to stop it.
And this world is all into evil ways and therefore it is almost over? Do you remember the times in which almost every country had it's own colony? Those weren't good times my man, and also the times with knights and castles, those days were very bloody too.
I listen to a lot of people from different religions and from that I create my own religion. Look further than one source the get your information from, or otherwise you will never see the whole picture or hear the whole story. So no, I do not believe in god as he is pictured often. I believe in something, although I'm not sure what it is. But I won't start a relationship with him because otherwise I will get a nasty and. That is blackmailing, and I don't believe the thing that created us did not want to blackmail us.
haleloeia!!!
post #13 of 27 Old 09-10-2004, 09:20 AM

So, the gays are to blame in Russia? :roll:

Speaking as a person who has a gay brother and aunt, you're off your rocker. I'm also betting you know a few gay people yourself. They just haven't come out of the closet yet. And I doubt they ever will to you, with the hail and brimstone you're throwing. Which is too bad. Because then you'll never get to true understanding and compassion. Which is what Christianity is really all about. Not the twisted adulterated muck you're spouting.
post #14 of 27 Old 09-10-2004, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
enzo,

you scare me. And I guess the world was ending in 2000? How about every year? The way I see it the world is finally progessing. In Afgahnistan 9+ million people registered to vote. Those people are now trying to build their own life without tyrants telling the women they cannot read and go to school.

I could go on and on. If you think homosexuality is a thing of modern age have your Mom teach you Greek Philosophy. Socrates was a pedifile by todays standards.
post #15 of 27 Old 09-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
God gave homosexuality to give us a choice. good or bad. He did not give it so we can do it. He knew people would but it is a choice we have to make. It is very tempting to people but they have to overcome it. That is like a lot of things. I know WHY I scare you. By the words I say. They may not mean much to you all but they are true no madder if you believe or not. I may not not know how to say the right words but I am trying and thats the important part. It is not Gods fault if the world gets destroyed. Men abuse the things God gave them so he has to teach them the right way. Many will follow the Devil. The Devil knows he is going to lose so he will try whatever he can to get as many people as he can. God made the devil. so you think he can destroy him but has not yet for a reason. That reason is the see if we will fall into the Devil's tricks and lies.
post #16 of 27 Old 09-11-2004, 01:09 AM

You're brainwashed. Please read some other material than what your parents or relatives give to you. You are one of the people who scare me. Exactly why are you right, and why are for exacmple the moslims, or the buddhists or the Hinduists wrong? Have you ever read why they believe certain things? If so, please explain why your religion is the best.
post #17 of 27 Old 09-11-2004, 06:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
You know the fun part of God ?? He supposedly made us after his own image (and we are by all means faulty) and then he blames US... for HIS mistake. Call me crazy but that's just plain stupid
post #18 of 27 Old 09-11-2004, 06:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Oh and by the way... The colour of the devil is Red right ?? And what colour are most ferrari's ??

I rest my case... :roll:
post #19 of 27 Old 09-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz
Oh and by the way... The colour of the devil is Red right ?? And what colour are most ferrari's ??

Good point. Ferraris are a tool of the devil. Lust for a Ferrari is to give in to temptation. Forgive me Father for I have sinned. :green:

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #20 of 27 Old 09-12-2004, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz

Good point. Ferraris are a tool of the devil. Lust for a Ferrari is to give in to temptation. Forgive me Father for I have sinned. :green:
And so it is, the devil is my god... :wink:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode