All Client Maserati MC12's built and waiting for delivery - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 09-03-2004, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
All Client Maserati MC12's built and waiting for delivery

Modena, 30 August 2004

Maserati has presented to the FIA (Federation Internationale Automobile) the 25 MC12 road versions, ready to be delivered to customers, alongside three racing models: the car unveiled in March 2004 at the Geneva Show and the two that will make the MC12ís debut in Imola for AF Corse.

Maserati is making a welcome return to racing and in the process, to its very earliest roots. In fact, it was Maseratiís enormous success in racing courtesy of legendary drivers and an insatiable thirst for innovation, that helped create the strength of the Trident marque.

Juan Manuel Fangio delivered the Formula One World Championship in 1957 at the wheel of the magnificent 250 F; the same model that helped the Argentinian to win another title in 1954.

The most recent victory came long after Maseratiís official retirement from racing at the end of '57, courtesy of Cooper in 1967 (F1 South African GP, driver Pedro Rodriguez, 12-cylinder Cooper-Maserati). The Tridentís most glittering triumphs in the sports prototype category, however, have to be its Targa Florio, Buenos Aires 1000 Km and NŁrburgring victories. Wilbur Shawís two wins in the Indy 500 (1939-1940) at the wheel of the 8CTF, also have a very special place in the Trident story.

Martin Leach, Chief Executive of Maserati said, "The history of Maserati is one of sporting success, splendid and fascinating cars combined with exclusive customers. We have completed the series of 25 MC12 road cars and they are ready for delivery to clients, whilst the track cars in which we will make our racing return to an international championship are being prepared. It is an important, historic moment."

The same concept has been underlined by Claudio Berro, Director of Maserati Corse, the racing division of Maserati. "It is an exciting moment as it marks the return of a great automobile manufacturer to competition after a gap of thirty years. All the cars have been completed and selected and so all that remains is for the track to give its verdict. We believe that we have worked well over the past two years."

From the technical perspective, Giorgio Ascanelli, Technical Director of Maserati Corse explains, "The race version is derived from the road version of the MC12, with a close eye kept on performance and costs. We would like our future clients to possess an easily manageable car with great performance and good reliability."

The drivers are very confident: "The road going car and the race spec car are very similar - says Andrea Bertolini - The MC12 is a very easy vehicle to drive and one in which it is easy to find the limit. We work well with Mika Salo. We completed the last three tests together and, most significantly, we gave the technicians similar feedback on the car." The Finnish driver agrees, "Itís quite exciting. Itís been a very busy testing session and I think we should be ready for the race. Itís a very comfortable car to drive, very well balanced, very comfortable especially for the long run".

The other duo is formed by Johnny Herbert and Fabrizio De Simone. "I am more than satisfied - says Herbert - because we signed the agreement a few days ago and the first test at Mugello went extremely well. The MC12 is a pleasant car to drive. Comfort is very important in races of this type. A car has to be set up in two specific ways for two different drivers and I think that the perfect combination has been found." The same impression of Fabrizio de Simone, "The first sensation is that the MC12 is an extremely precise and reliable car to drive. What I found was that it was easy to establish the right feeling with this car. The car is an exceptional one to drive."

now look at that amazing vieuw
the 2 blue ones and the black one are racing versions, the rest are the client street cars
but now the funny part
look at those 25 cars, yes they are all there
BUT
Di Montezemelo had said that the client cars will only be available in white with the blue stripe
and what does my eye spot in the back then?
a silver one and a titanium one :green:
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-03-2004, 12:18 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
I do believe I have just now found a new wallpaper for my desktop. :lol:

8)
post #3 of 18 Old 09-03-2004, 02:16 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
ohhh neat picture! 8)

post #4 of 18 Old 09-03-2004, 05:48 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Awesome picture. Love it. Thanks, Dirk!
post #5 of 18 Old 09-07-2004, 09:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
IMO a much better looking Enzo.

LOVE it in blue.
post #6 of 18 Old 09-07-2004, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

yep, can't wait to fnally see one for real

those 2 blue cars had there race debut at Monza in the FIA GT last weekend
they finished 2 & 3
not a bad result 8)

now i just hope that both are also on the grid in 2 weeks at Oscherlseben so that i can finally see them and snap a few shots :green:
post #7 of 18 Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
yep, can't wait to fnally see one for real

those 2 blue cars had there race debut at Monza in the FIA GT last weekend
they finished 2 & 3
not a bad result 8)

now i just hope that both are also on the grid in 2 weeks at Oscherlseben so that i can finally see them and snap a few shots :green:
Indeed! And the Lambo's where a big disapointment! :green: One finished 21 and the other d.n.f.
post #8 of 18 Old 09-08-2004, 03:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
What a sight!!! Beauuuuuutiful.
post #9 of 18 Old 09-08-2004, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos

Indeed! And the Lambo's where a big disapointment! :green: One finished 21 and the other d.n.f.
well they better be on the grid in 2 weeks
they weren't at Magny Cours or at Spa
so i still don't have a single track shot of them
post #10 of 18 Old 09-08-2004, 11:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
That is a lot of MC12's. I did not know they made them in road cars. WOW!
post #11 of 18 Old 09-09-2004, 07:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
They had to make the required 25 for homologation purposes to compete in the FIA GT series.
post #12 of 18 Old 09-10-2004, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
They had to make the required 25 for homologation purposes to compete in the FIA GT series.
and the best part, they will make another run of 25 cars in 2005

altough i doubt it that these cars will be seen a lot unlike the Enzo
post #13 of 18 Old 09-10-2004, 03:11 PM

Well I like the Enzo better but thats me. Maserati makes one hell of a machine but the Enzo seems more of a nicer car. I would rather have a Ferrari 575M Marenello more than any car. Just my ways. WIERD ha?
post #14 of 18 Old 09-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Does the MC12 raced against the Maranello?

:roll:

12 cylinders or walk
post #15 of 18 Old 09-12-2004, 09:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart

Yes, the 550 and the 575
post #16 of 18 Old 09-12-2004, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart

Yes, the 550 and the 575
and both MC12's beated all the 550's & 575's
only the Saleen of Bartels & Alzen was faster
post #17 of 18 Old 09-13-2004, 10:18 AM

Welll if the mc12 is based on the Enzo, the 550 and 575 are no match for the mc12. But i do know that they make the 550 and 575 with more porformance.
post #18 of 18 Old 07-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Anyone owned one? I ran across one recently and was very impressed. Seems to have aged very well. Think it will be a future classic. Rarer than an Enzo and more power.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode