What was your favorit when you were a little kid? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-01-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 824
What was your favorit when you were a little kid?

I assume everybody here played with little Matchbox cars when he was little and I just wondered which your favorit Matchbox models were your pride and joy?

I loved my:

1/64 Matchbox Pontiac Firebird (black with bird on front hood)
1/64 Matchbox Ferrari 308 GTB (orange with silver boxer trim)
1/64 Majorette CitroŽn Acadyana (Light blue)
1/64 Majorette Ferrari 288 GTO (red with big wheels)
1/64 Siku Range Rover (beige)

I have had hundreds of those, but these I can remember best. Never cured from the car decease anymore!

Niels

Doomed for life with the Ferrari virus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
The one I remember best is a Corvette Stingray. I didn't have a whole lot of Matchbox cars when I was little, most of my toys were Tonka.

I was a destructive little kid; I once got in trouble for knocking the back porch off it's footings after ramming into it with my Tonka dump truck. I was like 9 years old. (I actually still abuse all my toys to this day, just now I at least have a job to pay for all the damage.)

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 12 Old 09-01-2004, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 824
You were not the only destructive kid. I have been told that I 'murdered' many of my older sisters dolls by pulling their head off ;-) No, I did not turn out to be a serial killer and did not decaptivate (sp?) them on purpose since those things were just manufactured inproperly ;-)

I used to have some Tonka's but more the bulldozer stuff etc. Now that were quality and bullet proof toys;-)

I think my love for Ferrari started with that Matchbox GTB. I really liked the color combination although I haven't seen a real one in those colors yet. Maybe I should respray the one I will one someday ;-)

Niels

Doomed for life with the Ferrari virus

post #4 of 12 Old 09-01-2004, 01:59 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
You mean I am not a kid anymore?!?!

I have over a thousand 1:64 scale cars still today. I have slowly been lowering that number, but steadily increasing the 100+ 1:18 scale cars I have. :wink:

Yes the majority of my collection is Ferrari.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #5 of 12 Old 09-01-2004, 10:47 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 613
It was an F40 and 288, that's were the pasion started. And all I remeber is that I only wanted red cars, or else it would end up in a box, not looking at it...
post #6 of 12 Old 09-02-2004, 12:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
yep, i had (and thinks still have, will need to explore the attic once more) tons of those and also micromachines, and an old racetrack, and....

my first ferrari merchandise was a t-shirt when i was like 1 year old bought by my mother ofcourse, another italian car nut :wink:
post #7 of 12 Old 10-03-2004, 04:47 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
I had a Tonka Truck. That thing was cooler than cool. Then I got Darda racing tracks and those rocked as well. Too bad I kept wrecking all the engines.

Now I have Ninco slotracing tracks. My favourite car there is the Mercedes SLK-GTR cos it has by far the best traction on the track. It can run laps around the Porsche that is its direct counterpart.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 AM

i also got a Ninco track

have you already tried an Scalextric car on it?
i got one of the GT40's and man that one sticks to the track better the Fly's most of the time
post #9 of 12 Old 10-04-2004, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
have you already tried an Scalextric car on it?
i got one of the GT40's and man that one sticks to the track better the Fly's most of the time
No Scalextric cars for me yet. I've found out that they are quite expensive so I'm keeping with the cars that were included with the sets that I've got. Right now I'm at about 20 meters of track total. Don't know for sure though. But it's a very nice hobby
post #10 of 12 Old 10-05-2004, 11:32 AM

i still have the standard track but i already got 5 extra cars and i would love to make Fiorano with the track
post #11 of 12 Old 10-05-2004, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
i still have the standard track but i already got 5 extra cars and i would love to make Fiorano with the track
My goal in the long term is to have a 4 or 6-lane track. Saw a 6-track in Dordrecht once at the NASCAR-day. That was absolutely awesome. To be able to ride with friends at a special track with height differences and stuff like that would be fabulous. No ferrari's on my track though :P
post #12 of 12 Old 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
I have many Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Many are just stored but I got all my Ferrari's I could find and now on Display. I collect Ferraris in Hotwheels and keep them in the package. When i was younger i did not. I have 3 enzo's(one is tuned), 2 365 gtb/4s, 2 360 Modena(one is tuned), 2 F40, 1 F50, 1 156, 3 456s, 2 355s, 1 333, 2 550s, 2 512 or testarossa, 1 matchbox Magnum P.I. 308 and a P4. Those are my small cars in Matchbox and Hotwheels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode