Renting Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-07-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 51
Renting Ferrari

Hi boys ...
it's quite a long time I'm thinking about that.
I'm the proud owner of a 612 Scaglietti, and I wanna add some rampaging horse in my stable (like everyone else). I can afford them, sure, but I hate idea to have them there loosing value, paying ownership tax and so on ... So I'm stocking the idea of becoming a renter: I buy them, I use them but also I rent them.
Here in Milan there are some other company that works (or try) in that way.
Any of you has started something like ? Have you never rent a Ferrari ? What do you think about that ?
I'm not here trying to find clients (for now, at least), but personal opinions ...
I'm just dreaming to put a red F12 and a 458 Spider next to my Scaglietti babe!

2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R - My luggage: a wife and a child.
2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - My luggage: another child!
Tomorrow is today!

Last edited by decanof; 02-07-2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: English correction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-07-2014, 04:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
Judging from you comment about being in Milan, I assume you plan this venture to be there. For what it's worth, I have be in the auto rental business in the US and am friends with the owner of an exotic rental business in Las Vegas. I'm also friends with a very senior executive at Maggiore.

I think you will find that insurance is unavailable at any sane price in Italy. A tiny fleet, i.e., several exotics, will prove uneconomic and the maintenance/repair will be off the charts. You would have to offer "collision damage waiver" to your renters, as that's the law in Italy. Would you really turn someone loose in Ferrari without recourse to him for damage?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 51
My actual job is linked with assurance, so I'm looking for correct quotation in RCA (road assurance) and KASKO (damage to car caused by the driver) ... I should start putting on the plate my Scaglietti and a 458 Spider, for starting ... I've some good idea about marketing, link with marketing company and airport system, and a young brother who could follow this business meanwhile he studies (I wish he does!).
Any suggest about people who has experience ? Stealing ? False ID card ? False credit card ?

To open space to everyone, which Ferrari you wish to rent ? 458 ? F12 ? FF ? LaFerrari (at the insane price of 10.000 a day, nothing less... ) ?

2004 Noble M12 GTO 3R - My luggage: a wife and a child.
2006 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti - My luggage: another child!
Tomorrow is today!

post #4 of 5 Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
can't speak for italy, but a friend started one here and it was difficult. To say the least. Rent a ferrari out for the weekend and get it back with a wiped clutch. Expensive.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
There are lots of companies like this but most don't last because there are more people out there who shouldn't drive a Ferrari but who rent one anyway, as Wetpet alluded to.

If you care for the car itself, I would say: don't do it. If you don't care the car gets trashed, then maybe, but still I think it is very hard to make money like that. It only has to go wrong once and all your profit is written off.

If you don't like the idea of losing value, buy a classic Ferrari and just drive it yourself.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode