Sick Saturday morning turning and burning on the ZL 900 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-25-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Sick Saturday morning turning and burning on the ZL 900

Sick Saturday morning turning and burning on the ZL 900
Gentlemen, Southern California allows for all year long motorcycle insanity, and I have done it once again today. After a long time away from the 900, I decided this morning to get back in its saddle, and Im glad I did !! Riding up an over the top of the infamous Palos Verdes Canyon, I was hanging off the bike, like I was riding a 1980 s superbike, and still, the pegs were scraping from carrying to much speed. I didnt go into flat track delusions of grandeur , not wanting to ruin another pair of boots. I managed to make some necessary passes in between cars coming at me and the cars in front of me , all clean , I might add. Coming up to the first lift off in the road on Portugeese Bend. I timed an off the power 2nd gear run and wheelied the 900 three feet off the pavement , it was absolutely delightful !! At the stoplight in front of the Terrania Resort, two hog riders came up from behind, I have to say, I did an insane tire smoking , ass end sliding, burnout through 1st and 2nd gear, what a rush, and what a huge smile from ear to ear !!! At the light at Hawthorne Blvd, two sportbike riders came up from behind, another chance to show off, so when the light turned green, I dropped the clutch, and to my amazement , an even sicker burnout that had the tire billowing smoke as the rear swapped ends all the way across the intersection, leaving a cloud of smoke in front of the other riders and drivers. and once again. that huge ego driven smile across my face...Once I catch my breath, maybe Ill take the F1 out for a burst....

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 01-25-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode