Another newbie ( sorry if this is annoying for you guys ) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-22-2004, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Another newbie ( sorry if this is annoying for you guys )

Hey all,
Am new from India, Dont have a ferrari yet but soon will, Ferrari came to India just a month back and I just got myself the S350L in April so will wait for sometime as I get enough money am gonna pop in a new 360 Spyder or the replacement...

Till then these are my toys :

A Titanite Red E240 & A Cubanite Silver S350L.

http://community.webshots.com/user/S350E240

http://photos.yahoo.com/S350l_e240

Also the E was the first time i tried some photo skills of mine Im just learning photography so will post more once I get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-22-2004, 04:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
hi and welcome here. I'm sure you will enjoy yourzelf here.
Nice Porsche, although it is not really my thing
post #3 of 14 Old 07-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Welcome Devarshi!

Couple of nice MBs you have there. We've got a '99 E300TD. Great car!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 14 Old 07-22-2004, 10:15 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Welcome Devarshi, i'm pretty sure that you are the first user from India, so it's great to have you here
also noticed that you have a RHD car, didn't knew that

and how do you mean Ferrari came to India just a month ago?
didn't they have a dealer there? ferrari's wheren't availbe in india before?
post #5 of 14 Old 07-22-2004, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

First of all thanx a million guys,
I have atchually spent 7 hours last evening going through a lot of posts in here, Want to know everything i can about Ferraris before i can get myself one.

Dr.Bob,
The porsche is up for some tuning upgrades lol, trying to get it some forged alloys and a bigger engine if it fits well.

Pete04222,
So you are another MB fanboy? 99 E300TD? Is that the pre-facelift W210? Great car i know someone who has it and he wont sell it at no cost. Nor would he let anyone drive it

Dj Dirk,
Yup I guess im the first from India, lol compare that to the population we have? And yes we only have RHD, Infact since 2 years we now have a rule saying LHD cars cannot be imported under any circumstances unless it's an ambulance ; handicapped car or a Consulate car. Thats the reason one guy here could not buy the Enzo or the CGT.

I mean Ferrari came into india just 3 weeks back, Infact their showroom is not even ready yet. They just placed a small little print ad in one of the leading newspapers thats about it. And they never had a dealer here but now they will have 2 of them one in Mumbai and the other in Delhi. The cars they would be selling will include the 360 (all variants ) and the 575M (all variants) and the 612 will come later but the dealer said Ferrari is not too keen on getting the 612 to India. They are also selling the maseratis which would take care of the luxury segment.

I'll go a little off topic to tell you guys a bit about how prices are in India.
The S350L I have costs 135,000 Euros and the E240 is about 80,000 Euros
We have very heavy taxes and all we have to do is multiply the original price by 2.

Bentley & Audi & Porsche too came to India in Jan 04'. Till then all we had was Mercedes who came in 1993 and BMW who was here since 2000.

Sorry about this long post
post #6 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 12:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Wow, 2 nice Benzes by 23. I admire your accomplishment there.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Welcome Devarshi. Nice cars.
post #8 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 06:37 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devarshi
Pete04222,
So you are another MB fanboy? 99 E300TD? Is that the pre-facelift W210? Great car i know someone who has it and he wont sell it at no cost. Nor would he let anyone drive it
Yes, it is the W210. I think that style ran from '95 to '02. I like the newer style but '99 was the last year that a diesel Mercedes was offered in the U.S. My wife wanted a Mercedes, I wanted something that got decent fuel mileage because my wife racks up the miles on a car. This thing gets 38 mpg.

The performance of the diesel is amazing. You really can't tell it's a diesel while you are driving it. The ride, handling and braking are all excellent. I've had it up to 130mph. It's got a kick-ass Bose sound system also!

Capt. Pete
post #9 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 05:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
The diesel is now offered in the new E. I'm not sure if it's considered an '04 or an '05. You likely already know this, though.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchferrari
The diesel is now offered in the new E. I'm not sure if it's considered an '04 or an '05. You likely already know this, though.
Yes, I did know that a new MB diesel was going to be offered in the U.S. I think it is this fall. But my wife will not get a new Mercedes before I get a 355.

Capt. Pete
post #11 of 14 Old 07-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to the site, glad to have you here. Lets beat the horse dead, GREAT looking cars you have! I'm sure we can also help in your purchase of a Ferrari!
post #12 of 14 Old 07-25-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanx a lot im loving this forum already. Esp now that even the admin has welcomed me! Feels nice.

Im atchually very eager to pop a ferrari to my garage but never in my dreams did i think they would come to India And then I recently invested in a school and made a new campus so am very much outta cash till i make it back.

Rosso,
Honestly it's not my accomplishment, I just joined dad's business so he's the one who set up everything all im doing is trying to enhance it.

Pete04222,
I think you should hold on to the E300TD as long as possible, A brilliant engine with the diesel torque and mileage advantage.

I dont want to create another thread but any idea where can I find the Euro prices for all ferraris?

Thanx a lot

And Enzo250GTO,
Believe me when its the right time sometime next year for me to buy one, You guys might get angry at the way I will ask questions so please bare with me im in my infant stages when it comes to Ferraris
post #13 of 14 Old 07-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Owner
Elite Member

So Devarshi,
Why did you have to wait for Ferrari to come to India? Why couldn't you go to Italy and bring a Ferrari home?

Forgive my ignorance, but it seems like it would be more difficult to put a Ferrari on a ship to the USA than it would be to drive one to India on a truck?

India is a major player in the world market. Why can you not get a Ferrari now?

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 14 Old 07-26-2004, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Pete04222,

Until January 2004, We had a rule in this country which stated no car could be bought to India unless it was Homologated by the local authorities, the process was very tedious and Ferrari would not sell many cars here since less then 5% of the country's population own cars.

So they waited till the homologation procedure was done away with and in January 2004 it was scrapped off. So now we have Bentley ; Audi ; Ferrari ; Porsche ; And Lamborghini would soon follow. Until then All we had was Mercedes and Maybach. Also BMW but it hardly sells here since Mercedes has a very good brand value here and much more easily available as they are assembled here.

Another reason I did not want to get a ferrari was the fact that if something went wrong or an accident then I would be left with a car thats not even a car. Come down to India sometime will show you around and you will realise how things are. One big problem we have is the taxes so like i mentioned earlier every car we have here is 2 times more expensive then the same car in Europe. I was in UK last year and I realised the price I pay for a Basic E240 in India is what one pays for an SL500 etc in Europe and UK. And the S350 comes close to the cost of 360 Spyder.

And recently I just built a new school so have to wait till it gets back my returns and then I'll buy one. You know the dealer offered a test drive and I told him a no saying the day I drive one, It will be my own car smelling the new leather!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode