Interesting Custom Car - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
Interesting Custom Car

I was just up at Chateau Elan for some personal business and the owner of the resort had one of his cars in the hotel.

It is a Panoz Esperante (the owner of the hotel is Danny Panoz). After doing some research i see that the car uses the Ford Mustang Cobra engine with an all aluminum chassis all for under $100,000.

My questiion to you fellow car enthusiats is have nay of you seen these cars up close? What is your impression of the car? I like it and it intrigues me that i can get an all aluminum chassis with a 300 HP V-8 custom built. I also spoke to some people at the resort and they said that they are looking at the almost 400 HP supercharged SVT engine for maybe 2005 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 08:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
i know what they look like but they are not available in europe and still haven't seen one in person
post #3 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Yes, the car is on sale to the public. Panoz builds Panoz sports cars for racing under the Prototype catergory in the ALM as well as Le Mans. He has differed from the norm by building sports cars (for racing) by gaving front end engines when all the rest are mid-engines. So he has used his experience and his fame to build road cars too under his name.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
The Panoz is a nice car and I believe a few were in the Gumball3000 in 2001 here in the United States.

I moved the topic because the garage section is for cars you have in your garage.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-10-2004, 11:57 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
I have seen some Esperante's up close. They are nice, but, I'll be quite honest with you, they do not hold they're value at all. I saw a brand new one for about $60,000. That is a big discount, so they are not selling too hot. I am also not thrilled with center mounted instrument clusters.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 07:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 55
my friends dad bought a panoz, i havent seen it yet. they use ford engine. i just :roll: at it. but the cars are nice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode