College info I need - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-07-2004, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
College info I need

What do you call a major that has to deal with car things? Anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Re: College info I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
...sigh...

Well lets see: Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautic Design, Physics (doesn't hurt to have), some Electrical Engineering
post #3 of 12 Old 07-08-2004, 05:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 55
Re: College info I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO
Quote:
...sigh...

Well lets see: Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautic Design, Physics (doesn't hurt to have), some Electrical Engineering

you forgot mechanics and bodyshop :lol:

post #4 of 12 Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks andrew and ShaolinLueb. I will look into those things. I am a Senior in High School now and i am tring to look for some colleges that have those things. Another thing I would like to do is ROTC(Air force) witch has nothing to do with cars. I would like to be an officer.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-11-2004, 08:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 55
Quote:
Thanks andrew and ShaolinLueb. I will look into those things. I am a Senior in High School now and i am tring to look for some colleges that have those things. Another thing I would like to do is ROTC(Air force) witch has nothing to do with cars. I would like to be an officer.
well im sure you can fix fighter jets. if you can fix a jet engine, im sure a italian v 12 is nothing.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-12-2004, 08:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
Are you looking to go into exterior/interior design or mechanical engineering?
post #7 of 12 Old 07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
If you want to go into car design this isn't a bad route. The AF requires most their majors be Engineering or science. The Navy and Army don't have as strict a requirement from my understanding. Best of luck to you!
post #8 of 12 Old 07-13-2004, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

I am planning on going to college first. Hopefully soon I can go. I am almost out of High School and would like to get some where in life. My GPA in High school is like 4.0 or a little less.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-14-2004, 09:03 AM

For automotive design there is no place better than The Art Center in Passadina.

http://www.artcenter.edu/

Tell them you're looking into Transportation Design and get some literature from them. And have your portfolio ready to go!
post #10 of 12 Old 07-14-2004, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. I will look there.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-15-2004, 02:05 PM

One of the annual events at the Art Center:

http://www.artcenter.edu/carclassic/index.html

Hopefully I'll go and bring a camera!

"About Art Center and the Transportation Design Program
In a recent feature article on Art Center’s Transportation Design program, the New York Times wrote, “The Art Center College of Design is generally considered the top school for car designers in country” (August 8, 2003). Ken Okuyama, alumnus and recent Chairman of the Transportation Design Department, now currently the Creative Director at Pininfarina, positions the college as a “think tank for industry” while another alumnus, Freeman Thomas of DaimlerChrysler thinks of Art Center as “the spiritual home for the best car designers in the world . . . The Art Center has been the most stable forum for aspiring designers, a place where you can debate your ideas and be challenged.

No educational institution has had a greater impact on the automobile industry than Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. For more than seven decades, Art Center has been educating the automotive designers who have provided outstanding leadership for the industry and created some of the most memorable cars of yesterday and today. It is estimated that more than half of the world's car designers are Art Center graduates, and alumni of the college currently hold the top design positions at the studios of Pininfarina, Ferrari-Maserati, Ford, General Motors, DaimlerChrysler, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Volvo, Nissan, Aston Martin, Hummer, Mazda, Toyota/Lexus and Volkswagen North America, among others.

Art Center's Transportation Design faculty are keenly focused on providing the automotive industry with the leaders it has come to expect from the college by preparing students for what the industry will look like ten and twenty years from now.

Art Center College of Design is an independent, non-profit, four-year college specializing in professional education in art and design. The faculty is made up of more than 350 full-time and part-time instructors, most of whom are also practicing professional artists and designers. Approximately 1,500 full-time students attend Art Center, with more than 37 foreign countries represented. Art Center offers a bachelor of fine art or bachelor of science degree in nine majors: Advertising, Film, Fine Art, Illustration, Photography, Graphic Design, Transportation Design, Product Design and Environmental Design. The graduate program leads to a master of fine art in Film, Art, Art Theory and Criticism, and Media Design, or a master of science degree in Industrial Design. ”
post #12 of 12 Old 07-16-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Wow that makes me want to go there more. :green: Thanks a lot for so much info.

Ken Okuyama is the guy that disigned the Ferrari Enzo.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode