BMW Malaysia just pissed me off - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-07-2004, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 383
BMW Malaysia just pissed me off

This is my story: I just bought a Mini Cooper S in electric blue 2 weeks ago, which i've paid in full for. BMW promised me that the car would be ready in 2 days or 3 at the most since the car is already in KL and has cleared all custom clearance and duties. So i happily took their word, and expected to receive delivery of the car in the timeframe which they have afforded me with.

GUESS WHAT.

It's been two weeks and i still haven't received the car. They said that the tax bracket has changed and that when i paid for the car, the duty was not PAID. Now the duty has apparently changed and they are having trouble clearing the car through customs. According to BMW, there will be NO increase in the payment which i have already done, but i hate the position which they have put me through. BMW explicitly acknowledged my problem and told me that i'm not the ONLY ONE! Get that! They're telling me as though it's a good thing; ie i'm not the only one in the frickin sinking boat.

This experience has left me truly SORE. My uncle went through the same thing when he purchased his 3 series. It took TWO MONTHS. I truly hope i won't go through the same plight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-07-2004, 07:53 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
very sweet car in a great colour

but it's the goverment that's giving all those problems??
and basically the dealer also lied to you telling that it had already been cleared
normally that shouldn't take long to get the clearance or do all car manufacturers have the same problems there
post #3 of 6 Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
Thats happens a lot nowadays but that is ridiculous. If i wanted a Mini (witch I love) I would not want to go threw that. It is a wonderful car and they have great colors for them. Sorry man for your troubles. I would give them my all if they did that to me but like Dirk said it is goverment depending on where you live( like Malaysia). I live in America so I can got to a dealer to get one :green:

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Adlin, welcome to the world of "buying a new car" in Malaysia. The customs does tend to be fickle and it's out of the hands of the dealer or importer. This is one of the reasons why I duscouraged you from importing on your own. I have been through this many many times so I know what to expect and I don't get upset anymore.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-10-2004, 02:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
so Stradale how much problems did you have then with your brand new Stradale?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Lots, still waiting for the Customs to compute the import duty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode