Ford is to crazy - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-04-2004, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
Ford is to crazy

I say a biography on the Speed channel about Ford winning Ferrari. It toke them a lot of tries before they even beat Ferrari. They act like children trying to show off. They had to change the disign of the GT40 before it came close to beating Ferrari and the where determaned to win the race. I don't think they really won. They are so cheap at it. And Ford tring to buy Ferrari for 17 million. I would have said no before they even gave a price. Ford wants the fam more than the fun of racing. I heard how those people at ford talked about beating Ferrari and they sai d before they won the race ( We are going to kick Ferrari's ass) Every word is true. That is stupid talk. They are not winners. There losers with a trophy. Good for them :-?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-04-2004, 10:18 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Move to drivers lounge since this is not Ferrari-talk.

And further: what is wrong with winning. We have people here all the time who say they want ferrari to win. Why can't Ford do that? Ford wanted to buy ferrari, when Ferrari said no at the last moment they were pissed off. I can understand that. Best thing you can do is to show that on the track. And they did. Ford won the 24 hours of Le Mans 4 times in a row. That is not luck, that is building a very fast and reliable car. Ford is not my favorite car, but I do respect them. (aspecially since they are the basis for Panthers :roll

Look into the history of Enzo Ferrari. You will find many more stories like this. Racing is all about winning and anger and revenge.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-05-2004, 08:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
for a bunch of losers that builded a 4 time Le Mans winner, they did a pretty good job in my book
and besides all the GT40 series look amazing, i just love the MKIV

post #4 of 20 Old 07-05-2004, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

I just think was poor of Ford. Like I said they won but for a stupid reason. They are crazy because they are so ignorant and foolish. There car may have been good but they used British chasis. Ford does not have much power now.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-06-2004, 11:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
I'm sorry but there is nothing stupid or crazy about this car. It's one of my favorate of all time and the last true Road/Race cars. Ford beat Ferrari fare and square. The only thing that was able to beat this Ford was the awsome Porsche 917, and that was due to rules change.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page linked below, it's as beautiful as any Ferrari...

http://www.racingicons.com/gt/1076.htm[/img]
post #6 of 20 Old 07-06-2004, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

I have seen that car many times. Who cares about beauty. I still say they won kinda stangely. Thats me :green:
post #7 of 20 Old 07-06-2004, 01:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
ooh
i love porsche 917K's, that's my all time fav porker

i saw 2 on the track last weekend :green:
post #8 of 20 Old 07-13-2004, 03:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
i think its the american mentality more than Ford gloating and bragging.i really dont see how you can bash the GT40, on of the greatest winning cars of all time.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

I am not nessasarily basing them as you say. I don't mind ford. It's just that they wanted to beet Ferrari so bad that they tried and tried to win. They tuned there cars until they did win. I would rather have a GT40 than a Viper. It's just the way they won not the company.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
Can't put down a team for setting a goal and then going all out to achieve it. That's commendable, to me.
post #11 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Racing is really not beating the other person just to say you did. It's more like fun. I heard what Ford said about Ferrari and it was BS. Ford wanted to win to overcome a good racing team. Ferrari races for the sport not money. All race for money these days and so does Ferrari but I see more racing in the goals instead of money and fame.
post #12 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 05:50 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
What's wrong with trying to beat the best? Get real, racing, at this level, is not for fun, it's for proving to the world who you are. It's for making a name for yourself. Ford did just that, by beating Ferrari, with the GT40's.
post #13 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Ahh who cares anymore. You all must think I hate them but it's not tru. I am just saying they way and what they said about Ferrari witch was very stupid. Don't get on my case.
post #14 of 20 Old 07-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale
Can't put down a team for setting a goal and then going all out to achieve it. That's commendable, to me.
I will certainly second that! But does it beat an Enzo :green:
post #15 of 20 Old 07-15-2004, 07:04 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
Ok...I've kept quiet on this so far, but now I feel the need to speak up.

Ford tried to buy Ferrari and at the last minute Enzo said no. That upset Ford. He thought, what better way to get back at them then to beat them at their own game. Le Mans was their pride and game, so...they entered Le Mans. Ford did not win their first few tries, but they kept working on their cars and then they won. Fair and square. Ford did what it set out to do.

Ferrari did not win as much as they do now in their first races, but they worked and worked and now they have a car which is what they want and can win consistently with.

McLaren has a car which they have been working on and perfecting and are trying to beat Ferrari with. They are doing a good job too. From what I saw these last two races, that car was constantly in Schumacher's mirror. (at least until the straight's :wink: )

Competition is the name of the game. Trying to better the rest of the field is the goal. That goes for any racing or any competitive sport. Money and fame are just by products of this. Whoever takes the podium away from Ferrari (if they can now :green: ) will create another chapter in the racing history books just as Ford did with the GT40.

And, to comment on your "You all must think I hate them but it's not tru."...since you registered here, I recall several posts in which you have bashed Ford for any number of reasons. One of them being that the car caused a wreck. How can a car be the cause of a wreck? But that's sidetracking. So, yes, the way you come across to me through your own posts is that you are very much against Ford.

If any of this offends you, I do appologize, but these are my observations.

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #16 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Like I said before and am going to say agian,"I don't hate Ford." It may seem that way because I say that I don't like what they did in the races but after reading all the things you posted about this subject I have come to understand more. It must of been the way I heard it that made me think that way. I like ford a lot. I love there mustangs and the GT40 is stunning. I might even get a f250 or f350 diesel truck in the future. Yes I am against Ford in racing because I prefer Ferrari to win but you must be that way too being at this web site.
post #17 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
Yes I am against Ford in racing because I prefer Ferrari to win but you must be that way too being at this web site.
Not really. I'm not against Ford at all. I wouldn't mind seeing a little competition. Makes things fun. I speak for myself but I'm assuming most are the same way. I'm a car nut/maniac/enthusiast but I have a special place for Ferrari. In a dream garage I would have 30 cars 70% Ferrari, the rest something killer as well.
post #18 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 03:08 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
Yes, I'm a Ferrari fan. But as for Formula 1 this year, I'd love to see another driver win. Say Takuma Sato! For anyone who wasn't racing karts from age 9 he gives hope to those starting auto racing late. To say he has buckets of tallent is an understatement.

http://www.motorsport.com/magazine/f...s&D=2004-06-29

Racing isn't alway's about the marquee of the car. A good deal of it is the driver behind the wheel. I remember when Ferrari couldn't win a F1 race to save its life. They're on top now but, it won't last for ever. Renault is a sleeping giant awakening again as is Honda. And has been stated never count Ron Dennis and the boys out of the race.

Maybe you should rent "The Quick and The Dead". Racing is a dangerous cut-throat sport. It's much safer now but it wasn't always the case.

When I was racing we had a saying about seccond place. That was, "when your seccond place the only thing it means is, your the first of the loosers." These corporations don't spend tens to hundreds of millions of dollars for "fun". They do it to win. If they don't they stop racing. Period. Porsche races because it helps to sell cars. If it didn't they wouldn't be racing. Same with the others.
post #19 of 20 Old 07-16-2004, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

I know about the driver being a big part because the car is nothing with out the driver and the driver is nothing without the car. Even when they lost I would still vote for them because they seem to know what there doing in racing even if someraces happen to fail. I know there is good racers in History like ford. I have nothing against that. I mainly posted this to get more info on the subject.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-15-2005, 11:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
i think i see what you are saying. you just dont like the fact that ford had to brag about it instead of being a "gentlemans" race team. understood and I agree. honor and respect are pretty loose terms in america IMO.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode