Gsxr 1300 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-04-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Gsxr 1300

Ive been riding the monster a lot lately . Its been running excellent . The power and torque is just about ripping my arms out of their sockets. I had the bike re dyno ed after the new chain and sprockets were installed, at sea level . and Im getting just under 170 rear wheel HP (almost a 10 HP gain ) . Second gear power wheelies are a sight to behold , at the ton plus . The new clutch and heavy duty springs have made the bike much easier to launch , its no longer wanting to to stall off the line. The new mapping and clutch mod have made that shortfall non existent . Next year Im going to the drag strip to see what I can do with it. Yesterday after weaving through traffic due to a 6 car pile up , which had all lanes stopped, I had a clear ride up the 405 with no cars in sight . I had it up to a speedo indicated 175,(6th gear) which for my bike, is actually 170 . The bike is absolutely rock solid at speed, and was begging to go even faster, but there was no room left and I comfortably got slowed right down to blend in with the normal flow. The Suzuki Hyabusa is one awesome motorcycle , the handling, braking, and acceleration are absolutely mind blowing,,and tons of fun !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Great write up, Luca!

How is the Busa's riding position for long journeys?

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-04-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Great write up, Luca!

How is the Busa's riding position for long journeys?
I have bar risers to make things more comfortable, but to tell you the truth Cap, 250-300 miles, and im beat up. Im almost 50 now, so Im looking into finally getting a bike that I can cruise long distances on. Goldwing, Raider, M109 ..Ill have to see,,,thanks for your reply.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
I have bar risers to make things more comfortable, but to tell you the truth Cap, 250-300 miles, and im beat up. Im almost 50 now, so Im looking into finally getting a bike that I can cruise long distances on. Goldwing, Raider, M109 ..Ill have to see,,,thanks for your reply.
I'm in the same situation. A lot of my friends bought the BMW GS 1200 Adventure and they are very happy. I did the route Napoleon for a week on my Road King but the feet are too forward for a comfortable upright back position and the suspension is too primitive. I'm either trading it for something or extending the foot boards backwards and doing an Íhlins suspension job.

Trading options: GS 1200, Multistrada, etc?

Salve,
Capo

post #5 of 7 Old 12-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Trading options: GS 1200, Multistrada, etc?
Capo, I sold my GS 1200 Adventure a few months back, and had put over 25,000km on the clock in my ownership. It is an awesome machine. The adventure model is very heavy at low speeds (less than 5kmh) but incredibly nimble once you are moving. With the touratech aluminium panniers and top box you could go anywhere and it is very robust, I slid mine down an icy road at 100 kmh and just picked it up and road on!

All that said the Multistrada has received rave reviews as well (and I'm a Ducatisti too) so your options are exactly what I would be choosing from if I were in the market for such a bike.

Jeroen, has a multistrada and loves it and I would be very tempted by one if I had the time to ride it, but as things are I haven't even moved the 848 in over a year

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #6 of 7 Old 12-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Capo, I sold my GS 1200 Adventure a few months back, and had put over 25,000km on the clock in my ownership. It is an awesome machine. The adventure model is very heavy at low speeds (less than 5kmh) but incredibly nimble once you are moving. With the touratech aluminium panniers and top box you could go anywhere and it is very robust, I slid mine down an icy road at 100 kmh and just picked it up and road on!

All that said the Multistrada has received rave reviews as well (and I'm a Ducatisti too) so your options are exactly what I would be choosing from if I were in the market for such a bike.

Jeroen, has a multistrada and loves it and I would be very tempted by one if I had the time to ride it, but as things are I haven't even moved the 848 in over a year
Interesting, I need to go and test ride both. In a week my anticoagulant medication is over so it's straight back to riding after seven months of no-no. Kind of stupid since it was bike riding which got me in trouble with an embolism in the first place. But then again, intelligence isn't my forte. Intelligence is for women.

Salve,
Capo

post #7 of 7 Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Interesting, I need to go and test ride both. In a week my anticoagulant medication is over so it's straight back to riding after seven months of no-no. Kind of stupid since it was bike riding which got me in trouble with an embolism in the first place. But then again, intelligence isn't my forte. Intelligence is for women.
Well a Ducati multi or BMW GS should at least be in the 'comfortable' category of bikes. Better that than a sports bike!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode