G63 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
G63

Well guys some may remember I was about loose my Range Rover (in a bet no less)
Its now gone. last weekend, so now replacement time.
I went to the Land Rover dealer, 2 in fact last week, both had a shitty attitude.
So then my radar yet again floated into a Mercedes dealer, and in the next two days seriously thinking about a G63
The car that's coming to the dealer is a White one, with Designo interior in black.
Can the past owners and current owners on here tell me what I must have as spec wise?
And what's not important, as I am pretty sure the signature will be signed by Weekend.
Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Habsy; 12-04-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 04:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Paul

Owned a G55 for 9 months - it makes no sense whatsoever 8 mpg - reflecting back it was a complete blast to drive and miss it as much as any car.

Hopefully Capo will chime in he has a few G wagons.

I had a Matte black on black designo - AMG matte paint is the best in the business a PIA to maintain but worth it.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #3 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Well guys some may remember I was about loose my Range Rover (in a bet no less)
Its now gone. last weekend, so now replacement time.
I went to the Land Rover dealer 2 in fact last week, both had a shitty attitude.
So then my radar yet again floated into a Mercedes dealer, and in the next two days seriously thinking about a G63
The car that's coming to the dealer is a White one, with Designo interior in black.
Thos past owner and current owners on here tell me what I must have as spec wise?
And what's not important, as I am pretty sure the signature will be signed by Weekend.
Cheers
Paul
Paulie, yo da man! Congrats!!

White is a good colour by the hot Mediterranean. White would probably have been my choice too if I where to replace mine. Ruler spec it! (Instead of ticking plenty boxes line up a ruler and tick them all in one strike!). I have a clever option on my G400 but they missed it on my G55. It's the ergonomic driver seat with air cushions to adapt the seat and back rest to your exact body contour. I don't know if they still have it as an option but I like it a lot. The standard seat in the G55 is totally acceptable on long journeys too but the ergonomic one is clearly better. I enjoy it a lot on long bumpy expeditions off road.

Get four snow chains and you never have to worry when venturing up into the mountains in winter time. They lie flat in the boot and take no space. Always keep a pair of warm boots (type Sorel), gloves and a goose down jacket in case you need to put them on. In a heavy snowfall you may be alright but there will be cars in the ditch asking for a tow so be prepared. For that reason also carry an elastic tow line.

I have winter tyres on especially designated MB wheels which are worth while. Not so much for the snow but for the compound which does the job on the cold tarmac. It's a heavy car (Good advice also for the FF, the Sottozeros maintain the car on the road when the summer tyres become numb in the cold).

Enjoy it, it's the coolest off-roader out there! Far more unique than a Landie, you almost never see a girl driving a G-Wagen - it's a man's car!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Rommel the G with reinforced expedition trailer and Bengtsson the cat on the bonnet.
Attached Images

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Rommel the G with reinforced expedition trailer and Bengtsson the cat on the bonnet.
You are the man the G was intended for - unlike myself who never enjoyed the car for which it was intended to serve ... but I still loved it.

I have a RR that is now in jeopardy and the Porsche while may make more sense is a really hard car for me to get excited about.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #6 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Everyday, I see plenty of RRs and Gs here in the tame streets of Tokyo (no dirt roads), like tanks ! (Just trying to say that they are popular).

Good luck and purchase, Paul ! Probably a great one to own for your environment.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #7 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Capo, that is awesome !

Just like a scene from Indiana Jones expedition ? :steering wheel:

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #8 of 8 Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Ruler spec it! (Instead of ticking plenty boxes line up a ruler and tick them all in one strike!).

I love that. I'll have to remember the term.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode