My room. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
My room.

I just got a new house and I am going to paint my room. I already picked the colors but do any of you think it would go wtih Ferrari models? The colors are bright red tring to match Ferrari red and a dark grey like the color of this web sites back ground color and white. You think they would go good together? I will send picture late when it is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Personally, I like to paint a room antique white (semi-gloss). Anything goes with it. You could still do the trim in the gray and it would look fine. If you paint the walls red and want to display red Ferrari models, the wall would take away from the model.

Don't take away from the things you want to display, the ideal room is one that you walk in and you don't even realize it has walls.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 07:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
Personally, I would stay away from painting the walls bright red. I do however think maybe red trim along the bottom, and or top, would add a nice touch. Walls are best a lighter color, makes for a comfortable environment.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

I know what you mean but already baught the paint. My other house had white walls so I wanted a change. I will still do it red a grey and send pics to see whatyou guys have to say about it.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 08:42 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
Hey, it's your room.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Red walls ??

1. It might look like a bordello
2. You might have trouble finding your models :ugh:
3. Don't expect to relax in there, 'cause it'll give your chakras the wrong karma!
post #7 of 9 Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 476
Red walls are fine. Green walls are fine. Blue walls are fine. Yellow walls are fine.

Although, bright red might be a bit harsh. If you're unsure try painting only one wall red. Like "Mr. Big's" bed room in "Sex and the City." Looked great there. That way it will set off the room, tie in the lovely Ferrari models I'm sure you'll be displaying and not overpower it.

Also if you're looking for some great lighting that's very inexpensive go to IKEA. Actually go to IKEA for almost everything! :green: They're so inexpensive that you can change furniture like you change your wardrobe.

As always, WE WANT PICTURES!
post #8 of 9 Old 06-21-2004, 11:35 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
I say go for it!! I used to have a large proportion of my house red - although I'll admit it wasn't "fire engine"/ferrari red - that may be a little too harsh!!!! :green:
post #9 of 9 Old 06-21-2004, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. The lighting in my room is perfect and I got one wall painted red today. I will defenantly send pictures. But that will be a while because i have not got anything in there yet. NOTHING! I am getting mainly my house worked on. I cut a lot of picture of Ferraris from magizines and I am going to put them all over the wall. You think that will be nice?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode