Leave everything to god? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 06-19-2004, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 322
I know. I don't let anything get to me like bad things. It just makes ur life worse. I let God control and everything works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 06-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo_Ferrari
I let God control and everything works out.
Forgive me if I am out of line, but I think it is YOU that should be in control. God is there for guidance and inspiration.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 01:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,211
Quote:
I let God control and everything works out.
oh yes, and that is why almost every war is based on religion. I'm afraid you need to think and control things yourself young man. Religion can be a great thing, as long as you use it in a good way. In the 2-3 days I see your posts I have a view of a guy that this religion is everything. You don't do anything else. You won't learn a lot that way, believe me. Have you ever read other religious books except the bible? Have you ever looked throug the internet for other religious groups which may suit your needs better? Why not buddism (spelling :S), why not your own religion, based on everything that you have read in other books, from talking to people with other religions? Please think about that, because you won't help yourself with sticking to one book and one group of people. I carry my own religion, I read a lot and I base my religion on things I read and people I speak to. I take the parts I believe in from different religions. I just bought a 300 minute during docu about the nazis. About how they came to power, why a entire nation did those things, and how it was destroyed. I bet I sound weird here, but I guess that even Hitler had some good ideas. I will find out in the next few weeks I guess. I really wish you would find (via a religious forum, or school, or whatever) a fanatic just like you, but then from the koran. Discuss things like whatever you wnat to discuss and learn from eachother. If everybody did this, we would have a lot more respect.

post #4 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

And now we have religion-based terrorism. It was reported that the terrorist's last words on 9/11 were "God is Great!" right before he slammed a jetliner full of people into the World Trade Center. I have looked at other religions because I am interested and like to find out more about who people are and why they do what they do. All your major terrorist groups seem to be radical islamic. I think they are misinterpreting the Koran. Islam is actually a peaceful religion. I have also studied a little bit about Judaism. Thats seems like a religion that preaches peace and tolerance.

Bob,
you talked about all the wars that have been fought in the name of God. I am reminded of a comedian I once heard, forgive me if this sounds blasphemous, who talked about satanism. He was like "Maybe we are worshipping the wrong God. How many wars have been fought in the name of Satan? None."

Those are his thoughts, not mine. But at any rate, I respect all others beliefs. I don't feel you leave everything to God, I believe He has given us the power to be in control and relies on our faith to use it wisely.

I was once told that when you are visiting a foriegn country the 2 things you should never talk about are politics and religion. I have now violated both of those rules on this site.

Capt. Pete
post #5 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 04:37 AM

I think it is good to talk about religion, and maybe politics too. That way you learn why people think what they think, and that creates respect. Internet is THE way to communicate and learn, so we should use it for that. On the other hand, if you want really deep discussions, I bet there are special forums for that. I'm just interested in other peoples believes and how they integrate it in their lives.
post #6 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 05:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
I felt guilty enough after replying to Pete's thread on America - I'm definitely not getting into this one!!! :ugh:
post #7 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 05:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
I don't think I have told anyone this on here, but, I am an ordained minister. I have my own beliefs and convictions which I live by. My beliefs are bits and pieces of several different religions pieced together. I do not believe any one single religion has gotten it right as to what God wants us to do. Some maybe close, but not exact.

I could go on for days about this, but I am tired as I have been writing a paper for about 18 hours straight now and my mind is mush.

Read my signature line though...

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #8 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

I have my own beliefs. My belief is not a religion. It is a fellowship with God and Jesus. Religions have rules. The Bible does but there for ur own good. I pray to God and ask Him for help on things in life. I give my life to him but I do the things that are right. I control my life but He helps a lot. I don't care for other riligions because ther not what I belieive. To tell you the truth I believe what they do but they change the Bible to there words that they want. They don't keep it the way it is. I don't care what riligoin any of you believ. It doesn't mean I am going to hate you. I like everyone nomadder what the believe. There humans like me a nd have problems like me.
post #9 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I give my life to him but I do the things that are right. I control my life but He helps a lot.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Now you got it! You said it all right there!!!

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I don't care what religion any of you believe. It doesn't mean I am going to hate you.
Excellent - because I believe in Valentino Rossi - for he is the chosen one!!
post #11 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil
I felt guilty enough after replying to Pete's thread on America - I'm definitely not getting into this one!!! :ugh:
Thanks Bazil! I don't think I could take another bashing from you. :ugh:

Capt. Pete
post #12 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Lets have Politics AND religion in one topic.

First, I think this is a cool topic. I respect what others believe but I get upset when they try to force it on me or others. Second, all fundamentalist are scary from Muslim to Chritians. I met a person one that took the Bible word for word. Dinosaurs were the work of the devil and by god the world was created in 6 days.

My political punch: lets take John Kerry for example. He is Catholic, says he believes in free choice for women, says he doesn't believe in gay marriage, but doesn't want to ban it.

As the other Enzo said, Religion has rules and some dumb ones at that. I personally do not care for religion because it is filled with hypocracy left and right. The religious gurus of all secs are always saying X and doing Y. Sure not all of them, but enough to make it look bad in my opinion.

I like Buddahism(sp?) because it is less rule based and more about obtaining a state of peace with both the mind and surroundings.

Now this is cynical. The world is F'ed up so just make the best of it. We [humans] aren't going to change. Humans haven't progressed as humans in 10,000 years. Why will we now? All religions preach the same thing at the end of the day but yet they are all fighting.
post #13 of 35 Old 06-20-2004, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

I have my beliefs and you all have yours. I just like to share mine because it is what I think is right by God. I like this subject. It gets all our inner thoughts out in the open. Even if we don't agree with each other we can all help each other in ways. Nice to have a friendly conversation with you all. Lets keep it friendly in all topics. Agree? Thnks for the replys.
post #14 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I have my beliefs and you all have yours. I just like to share mine because it is what I think is right by God. I like this subject. It gets all our inner thoughts out in the open. Even if we don't agree with each other we can all help each other in ways.
Enzo - you're spot on there - but don't ignore the fun to be had from a good natured argument!!! :green:
post #15 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 12:12 AM

Forgot to add this...

A guy and a girl are about to get married when the girl takes her fiancee to meet her parents for the first time.

Her father is a little concerned that he doesn't have a job, so takes him into another room to ask him a few things.

"How are you going to afford to put food on the table?"

"Don't worry Sir - God will provide"

"How are you going to afford to keep a roof over my daughters head?"

"Don't worry Sir - God will provide"

And it continues like this..

After the've gone - the mother asks the father how his little chat went.

"Not very well - although he's right about one thing. He recognises that I'm God around here!"
post #16 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
Good one Baz :lol:

Funnily enough, coming to work this morning someone had sky-written "Pray 4 Rain" above Sydney city. It made me ponder - I know that we are low on water at the moment and are limiting the use of hoses & filling pools, etc, but I didn't feel right about bothering God about it. Heck - there are so many parts of the world where people are actually starving due to drought & famine, while I just can't wash my car. :nuts:

I bother God about more important things like peace in the world (for all religions), for a start.
post #17 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

We are haveing an arguement? could have fooled me I thought it was a disagrement :green: That more funner. Funny bazil but not interesting.
post #18 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
We are haveing an arguement? could have fooled me I thought it was a disagrement :green: That more funner.
Disagreement is what he meant. You have to forgive Bazil, he's British so he can't speak very good English.

Capt. Pete
post #19 of 35 Old 06-21-2004, 10:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil
Quote:
I don't care what religion any of you believe. It doesn't mean I am going to hate you.
Excellent - because I believe in Valentino Rossi - for he is the chosen one!!
who is Valentino Rossi ?

Owner of A Ferrari & Fan of Ferrari
post #20 of 35 Old 06-22-2004, 01:03 AM

motorracer, bazils second addiction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode