Hanging off the 1000 R - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Hanging off the 1000 R

Hanging off the 1000 R
Good afternoon gentlemen, happy Saturday. I got the itch to take out my 86 1000 R, and to say the least, I had a blast riding around the PV canyon just a few minutes ago. Im superbiking, to put it in an 80s term, this bike as fast as I can without leathers. Hanging off the bike and ripping around corners right up to the edge of the tires. As I was riding, I couldnt help think about the MOTO GP and ISLE of Man gladiators, not being able to fathom just how insane they really are. I had such a workout man handling this machine, that I actually was getting a cardio workout at the same time !!! Riding fast in the canyons really calls for full protection, Ive been using the excuse that riding with just top protection will keep my pace retarded somewhat, which it does. I just dont want to low or high side any of my bikes, they are all in such good shape. After last years incident due to stunting on Portugese Bend, I just dont want to crash again. I think my pace is pretty good, allowing me to have just the right amount of fun within the envelope for this particular canyon. Getting the braking . shifting , weight transfer, and lean angle . all in unison, is very hard , but today everything all came together for an awesome Saturday afternoon ride !!! PS, I even rode out a nice 1st to 2nd gear clutch up wheelie in front of Trump resort.....Brett
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 11-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode