Confession - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-21-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Confession

Being an old fart (57) and not following cars since high school, I must be going though male menopause. I brought a 550, the most beautiful car in the world. I choose the 550 for two reasons. First, nothing that rolls is prettier. Second, it is the faster production car of the twentieth century. I test-drove a Lamborghini Diablo SV. Nice and nasty but just a Sunday afternoon car. A BMW, get serious. A Mercedes, what are you thinking? Corvette, too many. Porsche, German junk. 1960s muscle cars, very nice but too many around my town. Nothing from the land of Nippon is worth even looking at. The silver 550 is sheath.

What is happening to me? Before I got the beast, I cared not if a Beamer, Vette, Porsche, or whatever aced me out of the gate. Now, nothing will do that to me. I normally drive a 4-cylinder Hyundai stick. Everything beats me. No more.

Of course, I was to drive the beast only on Fridays sometimes and maybe the week end (one day). Now, I drive it whenever I can figure out a reason to, which is often. The hammer falls at almost ever stop sign or light. Good heavens, it is so much fun. Smoking the tires is fun but my ZR tires are NOT cheap.

Most of you have this passion for cars. Me, this is new. This car scares me. I have yet to turn it to the sport mode, let alone turn it off.

This is becoming an obsession. My mechanic, a friend before the beast, laughs every time I see him. He tells me I am different than the other Ferrari owners. He tells me to be careful. Why? Well, today with my CPA in the car showing him what it is all about, I hit 130 mph on the Santa Ana Freeway in rush hour. The beast has great brakes. I downshifted to third at 110 mph and the beast liked it.

8)

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-22-2002, 07:20 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
FINALLY, you understand the PASSION of driving, owning, admiyering a Ferrari
GOOD FOR YOU :ex:

130 mph, that's like 200 kph right???
DAMN that's crazy and fun :green:
post #3 of 4 Old 08-22-2002, 01:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 454
Bart,

I want to thank you. As a 30 old adolescent, you've just given me clearance to be a kid for at least the next 27 years!

I'm happy that you're enjoying the car. It truly is a great piece of machinery.

Forza,

Dane

post #4 of 4 Old 08-22-2002, 06:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 36
That's a Helluva leap from a Hyundai to a 550. I would have loved to be in the showroom when you went to trade. " I want to trade this for that" "Yea right, Pops, I want to be king of Egypt too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode