Finally, the first taste of Summer! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Finally, the first taste of Summer!

It's been a long, long time since our last 30 degree evening. Too many drives with either the roof up, or roof down but with jumpers and scarves on. That all changed today. Finally shorts and singlet. The howl of the 16m cutting through the warm evening air. Sun on your face and wind in the air. Paradise!

David.
Attached Images

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I wish I knew how to add multiple photos!
Attached Images

post #3 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
David, paradise indeed, and a happy guy with gorgeous car and charming passenger topped with a perfect weather and season. That is paradise in my book.

As for multiple posting of pics, prior to clicking submit, just go further down to the manage attachment under the Additional Options. Click that mange Attachments and that should take you to a page that shows ten columns of attaching pics. You can repeat this and keep adding pics up to something like thirty or more. Not sure I explained well, but give it a try and hope it would work for you.

Would luv to see more !

w/ smiles

Jimmy

post #4 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
COOBER PEDY

HOW ABOUT a quick drive to Coober Pedy from Melbourne. I hear they have discovered trillions of barrels of oil contained in the shale formations. They only had 1500 residents and now land rush and up to 20,000.

only thing is 100 degrees above ground, arid and no shade.

Hotels built as caves underground. Same for housing. Called rent a cave. It is a disolate place, but open raods and no top end.

As a side note will cost $300+ hundred million to develop.

Gas at 10cents a gallon...more oil than all of Saudia Arabia.

don Knudsen
naples, fl
post #5 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I doubt that a ferrari has ever been to Cooper Pedy but from what you're saying that all could change dramatically. They also have a gravel golf course to boot!

David.

post #6 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Very nice David

I picked mine up today from the shop - rainy cold and loved every minute of it.

The 16M - not sure what makes me love the car so much ... but I do!

Enjoy!
post #7 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Great photos. The lady's smile says it all. As you say "welcome summer" we here say "Oh no, winter again". Enjoy to the fullest, David !

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #8 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Very nice David

I picked mine up today from the shop - rainy cold and loved every minute of it.

The 16M - not sure what makes me love the car so much ... but I do!

Enjoy!
Very nice new Avatar, Doug !

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50
post #9 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I should have a house in the Southern hemisphere as well. It will be another 6 months before I drive the 458 again....

Just make sure you enjoy it for the both of us!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #10 of 85 Old 11-06-2013, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I am not a winter guy Onno and I would love to have a house in both hemispheres like you suggest. Unfortunately for me, having to work, once again interferes with my ideal life.

I am lucky enough to escape our winter for one month each year but your dual hemisphere idea is clearly the winner. Champion stallions are regularly 'stood' in both hemispheres, so why not us? We probably wouldn't be having as much 'fun' as they get but at least we would be warmer.

David.

post #11 of 85 Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Jealous David
1. Of the car
2. of the weather
Enjoy mate
post #12 of 85 Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Jealous David
1. Of the car
2. of the weather
Enjoy mate
Well I'm glad Paul. LOL. It's a long winter, especially when I hear of all you guys whooping it up in Monarco etc. As payback I'm thinking of some Jan or Feb surf beach shots to warm you winter folks up!

Just hope it's hot and not teaming with rain during our opening GP down here, or else I will look a bigger idiot than I already am. In Melbourne we can get 20 degree Celsius changes in a day. Also, ironically on extremely hot days it's impossible to go for lengthy top down drives during the daytime here anyway, "cos the sun will kill ya". Best to float in a pool or stay in the aircon. I have seen the roads totally deserted on really hot days, and that's in a city with a 4 million population. I had a photo of myself lying down on one of our busiest shopping strips with no cars at all in sight.

So on super hot days we generally limit our drives on those days to either early mornings or during the evenings. Hmmm! maybe a sunset shot is in order.

David.

post #13 of 85 Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
And here I have an annoying 8 C in the morning...*sneezing*

Enjoy the summer!

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #14 of 85 Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Well I'm glad Paul. LOL. It's a long winter, especially when I hear of all you guys whooping it up in Monarco etc. As payback I'm thinking of some Jan or Feb surf beach shots to warm you winter folks up!

Just hope it's hot and not teaming with rain during our opening GP down here, or else I will look a bigger idiot than I already am. In Melbourne we can get 20 degree Celsius changes in a day. Also, ironically on extremely hot days it's impossible to go for lengthy top down drives during the daytime here anyway, "cos the sun will kill ya". Best to float in a pool or stay in the aircon. I have seen the roads totally deserted on really hot days, and that's in a city with a 4 million population. I had a photo of myself lying down on one of our busiest shopping strips with no cars at all in sight.

So on super hot days we generally limit our drives on those days to either early mornings or during the evenings. Hmmm! maybe a sunset shot is in order.

David.
Yes I know Perth has the best weather in Aus LOL
I am still getting 20 degrees most days in Monaco, and the Col de Turini gets a run early tomorrow morning.
So I can pretend I am MIkkola or Biasion ......Will be great when the Speciale arrives as I have ordered the on board camera system with telemetry. Then the runs can be posted
post #15 of 85 Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Yes I know Perth has the best weather in Aus LOL
I am still getting 20 degrees most days in Monaco, and the Col de Turini gets a run early tomorrow morning.
So I can pretend I am MIkkola or Biasion ......Will be great when the Speciale arrives as I have ordered the on board camera system with telemetry. Then the runs can be posted
Hi Paul,

I've been to Perth once. It may as well be called another country! Six hour flight to get there. Now I won't even argue with you which is the better city to live in Melbourne or Monaco. What a difficult choice heh!!!

When the VS arrives I don't think you will give a $#@& what the temperature is. As time goes on I hope to extend my European sojourn from the current 1 month to 6! Until then I will eagerly await those runs that you will no doubt post. Good to hear from you.

David.

post #16 of 85 Old 11-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Owner

David just pulling your leg on the Perth thing!
Your car looks super!
Get yourself to Europe, and we can have a run out!
Cheers
Paul
post #17 of 85 Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
David just pulling your leg on the Perth thing!
Your car looks super!
Get yourself to Europe, and we can have a run out!
Cheers
Paul
Planning our 2014 European trip. Seams like we may travel through Monaco in early July. If that is the case, If all goes well, I would like to invite you guys to dinner there, if you are of course available (together of course with that Scottish guys' entourage!). With respect to your cars, maybe just taking a look will suffice. Seeing that you guys were/are racing car drivers, given your ability to drive at speed, combined with those mountainous Monacan cliffs, well that's just probably too much for me!

David.

post #18 of 85 Old 11-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Man this makes me sad. As Winter approaches here, it is supposed to snow in the DC area on WED and they will flood the roads with salt and the season is over until next year. Have fun down there and once she is warmed up, get on the gas pedal hard in second gear for all of us up here on the "top side" - maybe we will be able to hear it all the way up here!
post #19 of 85 Old 11-10-2013, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Matt, I've only just realised about salt being placed on your roads this week. Ouch, now that must complicate things!

David.

post #20 of 85 Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Planning our 2014 European trip. Seams like we may travel through Monaco in early July. If that is the case, If all goes well, I would like to invite you guys to dinner there, if you are of course available (together of course with that Scottish guys' entourage!). With respect to your cars, maybe just taking a look will suffice. Seeing that you guys were/are racing car drivers, given your ability to drive at speed, combined with those mountainous Monacan cliffs, well that's just probably too much for me!

David.
See you here for the beer then and I will let you close your eyes for the run!
Cheers
Paul

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode