Ordered something faster than my Ferrari today... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 770
Ordered something faster than my Ferrari today...

Since I bought the Ferrari, I've been struggling to find time to ride my motorbike - which I thought was a real shame. So for the last few weeks I've been making a concerted effort to do some "biking" - and it's been excellent fun.

The only problem has been that after moving house last year (August) I'm a bit further from work than I used to be, and I've been suffering from problems with my lower back.

So I decided that the ZX-6R, which is a 600cc sports bike, had to go. I needed something a little bigger - both physically, and engine size - and a little more comfortable.

Largely due to Ferrari shopping all last year, and moving house, I've not really kept up to date with the bike market - to the point that I really didn't know what was out there for me.

Anyway, I started looking a couple of weeks ago - and, as you do, drew up a shortlist...

1000cc Twins
Aprillia RSV-R
Suzuki TL1000R

Sports tourers
Honda VFR800

Ridiculously powerful sports tourers
Honda Super Blackbird
Suzuki Hayabusa
Kawasaki ZX-12R

The twins are real sports bikes - and in the end are just not comfortable enough. They're hideously fast and handle excellently, and if it wasn't for the bad back they'd be the default choice - but not now.

Before I started looking, the Honda VFR800 was the top of my hit list. Having tried one, I simply don't like it. It is very comfortable, but the riding position felt very strange - like I was sitting on it, not in it. My father would love it - but I'm not that bloody old!!

So it comes down to the ridiculously fast sports tourers!!! :green:

They're physically bigger and heavier. They're comfortable without losing the "sports like" riding position (apart from the Honda which is really more tourer than sports). They're also all hugely fast!!

Anyway - this morning I ordered a ZX-12R. It's currently the fastest and most powerful production motorcyle ever - but this wasn't the only reason I chose it (honest!)

I've always had a soft spot for Kawasaki - this will be my 4th - so it was the one towards which I naturally gravitated anyway.

It's been tested by various agencies at between 190 and 200mph - and upwards of 165bhp at the back wheel (about 185bhp at the crank). Which bearing in mind it only weighs 210kg is much much more than enough!!! Imagine what 880bhp/ton feels like :green:

It's due to arrive a week Tuesday - I can hardly wait!!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 09:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
looking pretty cool Bazil
now we just need some track shots of you then :wink:
and
euhm?
you didn't consider a Ducatti?
post #3 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dirk
now we just need some track shots of you then :wink:
and
euhm?
you didn't consider a Ducatti?
I'm dangerous enough on the road!!! NO WAY will this be going on the track - it'd be an absolute missile - but it'd also be a bit of a handful

Nah - I'm not really a Ducati guy.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 10:22 AM

i can bet it's dangerous, i've never driven something like that and i don't think that i want too, might be a bit too dangerous for me, i preffer my four wheels
post #5 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 02:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 824
I prefer Bazil's four whells instead of Dirk's Golfcar ;-)

Anyway serious cool looking bike! Did you order it in yellow too? Have to get my license for two wheels someday...

Niels

Doomed for life with the Ferrari virus
post #6 of 11 Old 05-31-2004, 02:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 776
I'm more of a Cruiser bike guy than a Sport bike guy.
I prefer a Harley Davidson V-Rod or a Fat Boy and am concidering buying one very soon as our current car is almost paid off! (YEAH!!)
In fact...here's a picture of me trying the V-rod on for size. It is a very comfortable bike and it feels as if it wants to stand up on it's own (very well balanced in other words).
Attached Images

Do you think God stays in Heaven because she is afraid of what she sees down here?

Owner and Operator of a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. A few mods here and there... but just you wait and see what I have in store for her...
post #7 of 11 Old 06-01-2004, 02:55 AM

you look seriously cool on that pic Robert
now that's something that i would like to have also, relaxed cruising around, with a nice sound of the big engine
post #8 of 11 Old 06-01-2004, 04:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,684
You sure look cool! dude.

Enjoy the toy, Spyder.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-01-2004, 04:41 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 895
Very cool, Bazil! 8)

Robert, you seem to fit well with the V-rod. I velieve Schumacher has multiple ones, including a special one he got as a sort of present from HD. It's supposed to have "a little extra" over the standard V-rod.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 749
360, you is made for that bike. ha:

Baz - how did you possibly overlook a Honda Valkyrie Rune??? It just yells BAZIL!
Attached Images

post #11 of 11 Old 06-02-2004, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids3fish
Baz - how did you possibly overlook a Honda Valkyrie Rune???
Easy - I've already got 2 cars - I don't need another one!! :green:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode