Next Chapter - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Next Chapter

It is with mixed emotions that I announce today new ownership of the forum. Many of you have come to be friends that I have enjoyed sharing a beer with or even a drive and I have cherished the years on the forum. This was the first community I started, so I'm particularly attached to this site.

At the same time, I am excited for a new chapter in life as I start a family with a little one on the way and pursue other fun endeavors. It has been a blast building a small niche community. With family needing more time, now is a good time to move forward.

I plan to stay around and keep the community thriving while AutoGuide takes over the technical aspect as well as the day to day management that requires more time than I can commit to. This is the best part of the deal for the community as I have not been able to keep up with the increased demands lately.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM or email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 479
Thank you for creating a wealth of knowledge and a platform connecting Ferrari enthusiasts from around the world. An experience we never anticipated when our journey began with the brand. Best wishes and good health to you and your family.

Ferrari: 2001 360 Modena Coupe
Other: 2004 C5 Coupe
post #3 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Cheers sir! Hope to see you around from time to time.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

post #4 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
You can be really proud of what you have created and achieved with FerrariLife Andrew and no doubt the next chapter will be even more wonderful.

Thank you for creating this small space on the internet where so many of us feel at home. It is a pleasure.

Wishing you the very best for your future family, challenges and endeavours!

post #5 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
well, ok.

Congrats on accepting a new leaf to turn.

You have a nice place and really enjoyed your abilities and non over reaching on protecting what certainly is not woth the time or effort.

Don't be a stranger.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Very best to you Andrew, thanks for helping ECS get it's foot in the door and providing us with this outlet. Your contribution here has been a big part of our business. I hope AutoGuide is able and willing to maintain a lot of what you created and avoids driving small guys like us out.

Keep in touch!

post #7 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 148
Garage
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Dwayn and I am a Community Manager for AutoGuide and will be joining the site and assisting with the duties. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,
Dwayn
post #8 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Andrew, congratulation on the little one. It has been a pleasure working with you to build this great Ferrari community. Best of luck on your new endeavors. Please keep us posted.
post #9 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Andrew- Have really enjoyed it here and you should be proud of your accomplishments and this site. Glad to hear you will still be around. Now you can spend more time with your family, especially after the one in the hangar solos.

Dwayn- Good luck and look forward to working with you.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #10 of 27 Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Andrew,

thanks so much for founding FerrariLife and creating the spark that roared into this cosy fire. It was great to meet you on FLED2. Many congratulations on the little one - life will never be the same but more amazing in so many ways.

Dwayn,

welcome and best of luck in the new endeavour!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #11 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,501
I am a relatively recent arrival here, but I like what I have found - very much! So, thankyou very much Andrew, for putting it together and making it the great forum that it is.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #12 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 483
new owner

We have a wonderful Ferrari community here, and I appreciate Andrew for allowing the members to set the tone. Hope that nothing changes! Congrats to Andrew on the new addition!
Welcome aboard Dwayn!

current Ferraris: 1995 F355 Spider, 2000 360F1 Modena

Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted.
post #13 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Andrew,
Is the rumor true that you plan to name you kid "Wetpet Ed" as a tribute to this site?
Thanks for putting up with us and providing the playground.
Stop by once in awhile to say hello!

And thanks for NOT selling out to F-Chat!

All the best buddy!
post #14 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 229
Andrew,
Many thanks for what you have created. I too am among the newcomers, but the community you have established is a prime source of information and help that is truely worldwide. The atmosphere is great and actually getting to meet some of the other "Lifers" (and see their cars) on FLED 6 and the FLEE has been a unexpected bonus.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family and best wishes for your future endevours.
Dwayn, welcome and add to your task list : keep the engine running on 12 cylinders!

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
post #15 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 04:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
All the best with your new adventures Andrew. It was a privilege and a pleasure to meet you on FLED 2. I look forward to when you get a four seater Ferrari and post on this wonderful site about your Ferrari adventures. In the meantime please keep in touch!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #16 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Andrew I am sorry to hear this. You have been a great source for a serious (and not so serious) place for adults to get together around Ferrari. I know it has been a long, slow process but I think you have started a very strong base that will continue to grow into the best Ferrari forum in the world. I want to give you a personal thank you for providing a place for me and some of my merry band to come to after we left Ferrarichat. I'm sure you didn't know what you were getting into, but it seemed to work out O.K. Good luck on your future plans and hope to run into you at a show sometime!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #17 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Andrew

I wish you nothing but the best on the next chapters of your journey.

Dwayn

Welcome to Ferrari Life!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #18 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Hi Dwayn,
Welcome to our little playground.
Hope you enjoy yourself over here.
Cheers!
post #19 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 148
Garage
Thanks guys, for all the welcomes.

I look forward to being here.

Dwayn
post #20 of 27 Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Andrew, congrats to your new life and all the best for the growing family. My deep respect for what you've created here over the last years. I'm very thankful for the fact, that I'm able to exchange and communicate questions around the globe, thanks to your innovation toward this wonderful platform and "continous digging" for a good thing. Take care

Present: 365 GTB/4, Scud
Past: 250 GTE, 250 PF (2), 275 GTBsn, 330 GTC, 456GT, 550, 360Stradale, 430Scuderia, F40, F50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode