This is why I like Ferrari Life! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
This is why I like Ferrari Life!

This post is from one of Wetpet's buddies

I think it summarizes nicely why THIS site is much better

FerrariChat.com - View Single Post - THE TRUTH ABOUT FERRARI OF WASHINGTON WILL BE TOLD!

Those people are downright hostile and narcissists to boot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
It all starts at the top. Not much more really needs to be said....
post #3 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Just a bunch of misguided cyber bullies hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet.

The complete lack of civility on that other site does start at the top, trickles down to the mods, and manifests itself in the behavior of some of the members.

If someone here posts what might be considered a harsh comment, others will reply and very soon an apology follows. The people here exhibit civility and class.

Of course, some of the banter here is NSF and posted in the back room lounge where it belongs.

What I'm saying is that I think you guys are great and fun to hang out with here.

Andrew is to be commended for hosting an open forum, without the need to employ cyber bully mods.

post #4 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Seeing this post recalled some not so old memories from the first time I looked at online Ferrari forums. FChat was the first I thought it would be great. Made an acc there had a few posts then...a divination "whispered" me to move along. I didn't see a reason at that time why should I do it but I had already learned to trust my instincts. So I took another way and the next stop was Teamspeed's Ferrari section. Had around 80 posts there but there was a guy who p*ssed my mind off and wasn't such a comprehensive forum (like FLife) so left TS as well. Then I finally found Ferrari Life (can't remember how I ended up here) which seemed to be a perfect place to be (virtually). After lurkin' around here for a year reading through a bunch of threads in all sections (and seeing a few threads with proof why was it good to leave FC) I decided to create an account and introduce myself getting into the middle of the things. After being a member for more than a year I can say I've never seen (or say I never saw?) a better and friendlier Ferrari community like this before with such a comprehensive knowledge loaded up in one place. Have learned a lot from you guys and hope to meet you sometime in the future as well!

FerrariLife for the win!

P.S.: Wetpet's signature is fully understood lol

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #5 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ FluentInFerrari View Post
It all starts at the top. Not much more really needs to be said....
It doesn't excuse the actions of the moderators - at the end of the day we are all part of the Ferrari community and most of what they post would never be said in real life.

I have seen a lot of horrible actions take place and blessed by the almighty so in that regard you are correct.

Grateful to have a place like Ferrari Life although I am also active on Mclaren Life the same guys still run the place sustaining the environment.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #6 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Attila, happy to have you aboard. Thanks for your kind words.

I wonder if it's just U.S. people who are rude, or if it holds true around the world?
The people I have met in Asia and EUR seem more civil than those of us in the U.S.
Just my observation and opinion.

Let us know if you ever plan to visit Washington, DC area and we'll get together with the local FLife Tifosi.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Thanks Al, I greatly appreciate it! Visiting the US (at all) is one of my top priorities but may take some time to get there. I'll certainly call on you whenever "the long journey" takes me to DC.

By the way, it's not just the US, way too many rude people are out there here as well, both in real life and on the internet. Sometimes it can be really annoying. As my grandfather used to say, "God's Zoo is way too big and the fences are low..." You just want to go home and ignore all the idiots. Music on, relaxing mode on. No peeps around. Just perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Attila, happy to have you aboard. Thanks for your kind words.

I wonder if it's just U.S. people who are rude, or if it holds true around the world?
The people I have met in Asia and EUR seem more civil than those of us in the U.S.
Just my observation and opinion.

Let us know if you ever plan to visit Washington, DC area and we'll get together with the local FLife Tifosi.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #8 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Typical Fagchat thread. 3 pages of non-information and mutual masturbation with a little DM mixed in. Great stuff if you are into that. What a bunch of internet keyboard cowboys. I have never seen a single one of them come up to me at an event, and i attend most of them, and talk to me to my face like that. Half of their mods don't even own a damn ferrari to begin with or they balled it up cause they can't drive and then commit insurance fraud cause they can't afford it. All in all, a great bunch of guys!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
As some have already implied..... this is news? Its like taking a stroll through Anacostia at 2am, getting mugged and raped, then wondering in disbelief how it could have happened.....

I'm over posting at that place. You all should be too.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #10 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Owner

Quote:
Anyone interested in going for a midnight run to Anacostia?
Sounds like fun Jim
About as much fun as visiting Fagchat

Loved the comment about insurance fraud Ed
Nice one

I'm done with Fagchat
Just say NO Al..... just say No....

post #11 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

They only pick the finest mods. like preachers and ferrari know nothings like dm. here we have higher standards like wetpet!!!!!

here is a pick of me at laguna seca and a pic of dave at home during the rolex historics at laguna seca . I'll also be at his home car show, radnor, judging.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images

post #12 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Legal disclaimer: for most people looking in on this thread, you won't understand. it's full of inside jokes from years back. let us indulge.

post #13 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Anyone interested in going for a midnight run to Anacostia?
Sounds like fun Jim
About as much fun as visiting Fagchat

Loved the comment about insurance fraud Ed
Nice one

I'm done with Fagchat
Then go out in style and earn yourself a perma ban like the rest of us who don't accept bs.

Be careful you may actually enjoy it!

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #14 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Legal disclaimer: for most people looking in on this thread, you won't understand. it's full of inside jokes from years back. let us indulge.

"SAVE WETPET" on Fagchat was no joke.
Ah, the sweet memories.

Ed, do you realize that they never repainted the water tower?

It is a lasting tribute.
Attached Images

post #15 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
As a "retired" moderator, I can tell you, there's nothing we enjoyed more than kicking a ******-bag to the curb. It was like having a Cuban cigar, a cold draft beer, and a hot chick all wrapped up into one quick keystroke.

No, really, we had competitions to see who could rack up the most bans in a 30 day period.
Sounds like his life is really exciting!!!

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #16 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karakal View Post
Sounds like his life is really exciting!!!
Perhaps...but likley not as exciting as the self-appointed "Global Moderator" that I had the pleasure of hearing from. If I may take an except from the Urban Dictionary

1> Bloviator: Pompous blowhard, using their celebrity to speak about topics on which they are totally unqualified.
post #17 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ FluentInFerrari View Post
Perhaps...but likley not as exciting as the self-appointed "Global Moderator" that I had the pleasure of hearing from. If I may take an except from the Urban Dictionary

1> Bloviator: Pompous blowhard, using their celebrity to speak about topics on which they are totally unqualified.
David, I have another word for him, but it's politically not correct and won't say. That's what I thought when I came to the conclusion of his idiotic post.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #18 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Understood.... :-)
post #19 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
I understand the sentiment, but FagChat? Really guys??? Can't we rise above and keep it classy? That's what brought a lot of us here. Let's not screw it up.
post #20 of 21 Old 08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Owner

I always thought the site owner was a big fan of British cigarettes..... Hence the name. Does it have another meaning?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode